[ANN] Clojure Koan-Engine 0.1.1

Sam Ritchie

Dec 5, 2011, 11:10:57 AM12/5/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I've separated out the macro magic behind the wonderful clojure-koans into its own project (clojure-koan-engine), making it easy for anyone to write koans for any clojure library! Thanks to Colin Jones and Aaron Bedra for letting me help out on this.

For those of you who haven't seen one yet, a clojure koan is pairing of doc-string and some clojure form that evaluates to something truthy once its blanks are filled in. For example (from the "clojure sets" koans):

(meditations
    "You can create a set in two ways."
    (= #{} (set __))
     ....)

To make it really easy to start writing koans, I've also created a koan project template and a Leiningen plugin. The latter allows you to add koans even to existing projects, providing a sort of built-in tutorial that encourages users to dig into the code. The READMEs are bountiful! You should partake of them.

Finally, here are a few placeholder projects I've created with the template generator that I intend to populate in the next month:

Enjoy!
Sam

--
Sam Ritchie, Twitter Inc
@sritchie09

(Too brief? Here's why! http://emailcharter.org)

David Nolen

Dec 5, 2011, 11:29:35 AM12/5/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Very cool.

Fogus

Dec 5, 2011, 11:34:45 AM12/5/11
to Clojure
Really great. Looking forward to boring everyone with contracts-
koans. The next step is to have this project spit out a 4clojure-
esque site automatically. ;-)