Stephen C. Gilardi

Jan 1, 2009, 6:44:29 PM1/1/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 1, 2009, at 4:05 PM, Mark H. wrote:

> Once I dismiss the exception, the repl itself works fine.
>
> Thanks y'all!

I don't know how to fix it, but it appears to be related to the
synchronization of the notion of the current namespace between swank
and slime. This incantation works around it:

; SLIME 2009-01-01
user> (in-ns 'junk)
#<Namespace junk>
junk> (in-ns 'user)
#<Namespace user>
user>

After the first call, documentation is displayed correctly without an
exception being thrown. The second call restores us to the user
namespace.

--Steve

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Mark H.

Jan 1, 2009, 9:02:45 PM1/1/09
to Clojure
On Jan 1, 5:44 pm, "Stephen C. Gilardi" <squee...@mac.com> wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2009, at 7:57 PM, Bill Clementson wrote:
>
> > Or is there some other "dynamic
> > documentation for a function" that you're referring to?
>
> For me, it throws the exception when I type a space and SLIME tries to
> look up the arguments for the current function.

That's what I mean -- I should have been more specific. Oddly enough,
the online documentation works fine when I'm coding in a non-REPL
buffer (it doesn't throw an exception then), nor do I get an exception
when I use C-c C-e to evaluate a one-line Clojure expression.

I'll refetch everything, apply the Swank patch and try again --

mfh

Message has been deleted

Stephen C. Gilardi

Jan 1, 2009, 9:59:18 PM1/1/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 1, 2009, at 9:48 PM, Bill Clementson wrote:

Looks like the correct patch to basic.clj should be:
(defslimefn create-repl [target] '("user" user))

That works great for me. Thanks very much!

--Steve

Message has been deleted