Cyber Dungeon Quest Alpha 1

msappler

Apr 14, 2011, 7:31:20 AM4/14/11
to Clojure
My RPG Game in clojure!

Play it here via Java Web Start:

http://resatori.com/cyber-dungeon-quest-alpha-1

Alfredo

Apr 14, 2011, 7:39:18 AM4/14/11
to Clojure
Very cool!
But how to play with it? With Chrome, it downloads the .jnlp file but
if I click on it, an error raises:

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
http://sappler.ls4.allbytes.de/cdq/cdq.jnlp
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(DownloadEngine.java:
1372)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(DownloadEngine.java:
1525)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getCacheEntry(DownloadEngine.java:
1503)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(DownloadEngine.java:
1609)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResourceCacheEntry(DownloadEngine.java:
1534)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(DownloadEngine.java:
217)
at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.getResource(DownloadEngine.java:
201)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Launcher.java:477)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:256)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:207)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:124)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:446)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:278)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:116)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

msappler

Apr 14, 2011, 8:08:52 AM4/14/11
to Clojure
Thanks. That was a last minute change of the jnlp file location.

Should work now.

msappler

Apr 14, 2011, 8:09:02 AM4/14/11
to Clojure
Thanks. That was a last minute change of the jnlp file location.

Should work now.

Walter Chang

Apr 14, 2011, 8:16:17 AM4/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com, msappler
failed to run on mbp osx 10.6.7 (java version "1.6.0_24").  here is the stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXContextImplementation.setSwapInterval(MacOSXContextImplementation.java:121)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.setSwapInterval(Context.java:231)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setSwapInterval(Display.java:993)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setVSyncEnabled(Display.java:1005)
at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.setVSync(GameContainer.java:805)
at clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeMatchingMethod(Reflector.java:90)
at clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeInstanceMethod(Reflector.java:28)
at game.start$fn__3815$start__3816.invoke(start.clj:33)
at game.start$_main.invoke(start.clj:37)
at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:159)
at clojure.lang.AFn.applyTo(AFn.java:151)
at game.start.main(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeApplication(Launcher.java:1909)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.executeMainClass(Launcher.java:1847)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.doLaunchApp(Launcher.java:1609)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:138)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

.......__o
.......\<,
....( )/ ( )...

msappler

Apr 14, 2011, 8:26:27 AM4/14/11
to Clojure
Hmm I updated the natives-mac.jar.
But dont know this error I dont have a mac..

mark skilbeck

Apr 14, 2011, 3:03:11 PM4/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Still doesn't work for me. Same error as Alfredo.

Timothy Baldridge

Apr 14, 2011, 3:15:11 PM4/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM, mark skilbeck
<marksk...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Still doesn't work for me. Same error as Alfredo.

Worked great for me with Win 7, FF4

Want to highlight anything you did in the game? I'm interested in any
use of agents, etc that you used.

Timothy
--
“One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was
that–lacking zero–they had no way to indicate successful termination

Joop Kiefte

Apr 14, 2011, 3:17:33 PM4/14/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com, Timothy Baldridge
Doesn't work for me (Ubuntu x86)

Alan

Apr 14, 2011, 3:20:10 PM4/14/11
to Clojure
Similar error for me, on Ubuntu. Exception and "wrapped exception"
follow. Looks like you may need permissions set better? 403 is
Forbidden.

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource:
http://sappler.ls4.allbytes.de/resatori/webstart/cdq.jnlp
[...]
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Launcher.java:469)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:248)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Launcher.java:199)
at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:116)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Main.java:416)
at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Main.java:248)
at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Main.java:110)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL:
http://sappler.ls4.allbytes.de/resatori/webstart/cdq.jnlp
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor1.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:
27)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection
$6.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1491)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:
1485)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:
1139)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(BasicHttpRequest.java:
229)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(BasicHttpRequest.java:
113)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doGetRequest(BasicHttpRequest.java:
78)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(DownloadEngine.java:
1182)
[...]
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code:
403 for URL: http://sappler.ls4.allbytes.de/resatori/webstart/cdq.jnlp
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:
1436)
at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:
379)
at
com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(BasicHttpRequest.java:
190)
... 17 more

On Apr 14, 12:03 pm, mark skilbeck <markskilb...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Still doesn't work for me. Same error as Alfredo.
>

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM, msappler <msapp...@web.de> wrote:
> > Hmm I updated the natives-mac.jar.
> > But dont know this error I dont have a mac..
>
> > On 14 Apr., 14:16, Walter Chang <weih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> failed to run on mbp osx 10.6.7 (java version "1.6.0_24").  here is the
> >> stack trace:
>
> >> java.lang.NullPointerException
> >> at
> >> org.lwjgl.opengl.MacOSXContextImplementation.setSwapInterval(MacOSXContextI mplementation.java:121)
> >> at org.lwjgl.opengl.Context.setSwapInterval(Context.java:231)
> >> at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setSwapInterval(Display.java:993)
> >> at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.setVSyncEnabled(Display.java:1005)
> >> at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.setVSync(GameContainer.java:805)
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >> at
> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3 9)
> >> at
> >> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp l.java:25)
> >> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
> >> at clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeMatchingMethod(Reflector.java:90)
> >> at clojure.lang.Reflector.invokeInstanceMethod(Reflector.java:28)
> >> at game.start$fn__3815$start__3816.invoke(start.clj:33)
> >> at game.start$_main.invoke(start.clj:37)
> >> at clojure.lang.AFn.applyToHelper(AFn.java:159)
> >> at clojure.lang.AFn.applyTo(AFn.java:151)
> >> at game.start.main(Unknown Source)
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> >> at
> >> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:3 9)
> >> at
> >> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp l.java:25)

msappler

Apr 15, 2011, 12:56:33 AM4/15/11
to Clojure
I think I fixed that yesterday evening:

Unable to load resource:http://sappler.ls4.allbytes.de/resatori/
webstart/cdq.jnlp
403 is forbidden.

I wrote deny all in the .htaccess file :)

-
Want to highlight anything you did in the game? I'm interested in any
use of agents, etc that you used.

Yes I am thinking of that. Any other things you may want to know
about?
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnec...
> 1485)
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection....
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection....

Daniel Kersten

Apr 15, 2011, 3:27:39 AM4/15/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com, msappler
Excellent work! Its surprisingly addictive, I wasn't expecting to play
it the whole way through, but after I cleared the first area, I wanted
to keep going :)

Also, its incredibly smooth and the lowest framerate I saw was at the
start of the blood caves, it briefly dropped to 57. The rest of the
time it was pegged at 60 and average processor usage of 75% on a dual
core machine.

Again, great work! I'd love to hear more about your experiences with
writing a game in Clojure.

Alfredo

Apr 15, 2011, 7:45:22 AM4/15/11
to Clojure
Working here too! Soooo cool!!
it remembers me ultima online!!

On Apr 15, 9:27 am, Daniel Kersten <dkers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excellent work! Its surprisingly addictive, I wasn't expecting to play
> it the whole way through, but after I cleared the first area, I wanted
> to keep going :)
>
> Also, its incredibly smooth and the lowest framerate I saw was at the
> start of the blood caves, it briefly dropped to 57. The rest of the
> time it was pegged at 60 and average processor usage of 75% on a dual
> core machine.
>
> Again, great work! I'd love to hear more about your experiences with
> writing a game in Clojure.

> read more »

Wei Hsu

Apr 14, 2011, 10:03:26 PM4/14/11
to Clojure
Very cool! I really enjoyed playing it.
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnec...
> 1485)
>         at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection....
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection....

Julian

Apr 15, 2011, 8:11:12 PM4/15/11
to Clojure
I looked at this and thought, "It reminds me of Wyvern".

The lead developer behind Wyvern, Steve Yegge, was a fairly visionary
and expressive programmer who has written a lot about LISP and JVM
related subjects.

I was reminded of Steve Yegge's post on when he thought he'd rewrite
Wyvern to reduce the number of lines of code, and decided the best way
to do it would be to use LISP, but ended up settling on Mozilla Rhino
(javascript/ecmascript).

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2007/12/codes-worst-enemy.html

It feels like lots of Steve's visionary posts are making an appearance
in the amazing Clojure community.

JG