Central screwup

已查看 496 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Phil Hagelberg

未读,
2012年6月11日 12:28:422012/6/11
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
Some time over the weekend Maven Central lost knowledge of all
versions of Clojure other than 1.2.0:

$ curl http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojure/maven-metadata.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metadata>
<groupId>org.clojure</groupId>
<artifactId>clojure</artifactId>
<versioning>
<latest>1.2.0</latest>
<release>1.2.0</release>
<versions>
<version>1.2.0</version>
</versions>
<lastUpdated>20100914121821</lastUpdated>
</versioning>
</metadata>

Any builds attempted with a fresh local repository cache will fail
until Central is fixed.

A temporary fix is to add the Sonatype repository to project.clj:

:repositories {"sonatype" "https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/"}

-Phil

Phil Hagelberg

未读,
2012年6月11日 12:36:312012/6/11
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Phil Hagelberg <ph...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> Some time over the weekend Maven Central lost knowledge of all
> versions of Clojure other than 1.2.0:

I've deployed the other versions to Clojars as a temporary measure:

https://clojars.org/org.clojure/clojure

These will be removed once Central gets back to working order, but
they should help stem the flow of catastrophic build failures.

-Phil

mnicky

未读,
2012年6月11日 12:40:432012/6/11
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
Seems like a manifest issue, because all versions are there: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojure/
Marek.

Phil Hagelberg

未读,
2012年6月11日 16:48:452012/6/11
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Phil Hagelberg <ph...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> These will be removed once Central gets back to working order, but
> they should help stem the flow of catastrophic build failures.

While this will allow most builds to work, it's a band-aid solution.
Is there anyone on the Clojure/core team with a contact among those
who run Central who could get them to look into this?

-Phil

Phil Hagelberg

未读,
2012年6月12日 19:12:022012/6/12
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
Central is back to normal, so I've removed the workaround jars on Clojars.

-Phil

Chas Emerick

未读,
2012年6月13日 05:47:312012/6/13
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
Is there a discussion about this failure — effectively an outage — anywhere?

Thanks,

- Chas

John Szakmeister

未读,
2012年6月13日 06:48:452012/6/13
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Chas Emerick <ch...@cemerick.com> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2012, at 7:12 PM, Phil Hagelberg wrote:

>>> While this will allow most builds to work, it's a band-aid solution.
>>> Is there anyone on the Clojure/core team with a contact among those
>>> who run Central who could get them to look into this?
>>
>> Central is back to normal, so I've removed the workaround jars on Clojars.

I don't believe the issue is entirely fixed as the checksums still
don't match. The sha1sum of maven-metadata.xml is
643fa0e8afd24c907e5e7f268943957846b13d25, while
maven-metadata.xml.sha1 claims
92472231000f7b66ebf43cb412c74b4ba3cd7277.

-John

Stuart Sierra

未读,
2012年6月14日 09:38:212012/6/14
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com

Is there anyone on the Clojure/core team with a contact among those
who run Central who could get them to look into this?

I'm on the Sonatype OSSRH mailing list:
https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide
(mailing list addresses at the bottom)

There was no mention of this issue there, but I'll ask about it.
-S

Nelson Morris

未读,
2012年6月15日 00:32:142012/6/15
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
> --

akhudek just asked about only getting 1.2.0 from central in #clojure.
It appears the metadata has been reverted again.

From http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojure/ :
maven-metadata.xml 14-Sep-2010 12:18
325
maven-metadata.xml.md5 14-Sep-2010 12:18
32
maven-metadata.xml.sha1 14-Sep-2010 12:18
40

$ curl http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojure/maven-metadata.xml

Joseph Smith

未读,
2012年8月16日 08:46:212012/8/16
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com、clo...@googlegroups.com
I'm surprised this still hasn't been fixed. I noticed it and raised the issue (well, told people about it on IRC) about 2 weeks ago. I've been pointed at an alternate repo as a workaround. :/

---
Joseph Smith

On Aug 16, 2012, at 5:27 AM, Paul Lam <paul...@forward.co.uk> wrote:

it happened again...

David Powell

未读,
2012年8月16日 09:47:402012/8/16
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Joseph Smith <j...@uwcreations.com> wrote:
> I'm surprised this still hasn't been fixed. I noticed it and raised the
> issue (well, told people about it on IRC) about 2 weeks ago. I've been
> pointed at an alternate repo as a workaround. :/

Hmm, it is fine here:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/org/clojure/clojure/

But wrong here:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/central-sync/org/clojure/clojure/

I don't know what that means; if anything.

--
Dave

Stuart Sierra

未读,
2012年8月16日 11:12:432012/8/16
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com

The Maven Central Repository (repo1.maven.org) is managed by the Apache Foundation with help from Sonatype, Inc. See http://www.sonatype.com/people/2011/03/enhancements-to-maven-central/

The Sonatype Open-Source repository (oss.sonatype.org) is managed by Sonatype, Inc.  It syncs with the Maven Central Repository every few hours.

Only Clojars (clojars.org) is managed by the Clojure community.

-S

Phil Hagelberg

未读,
2012年8月16日 13:31:062012/8/16
收件人 clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Stuart Sierra
<the.stua...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just want to make this is clear: no one on the Clojure mailing list (or IRC)
> has any direct control over the major public repositories.

You can report issues with Central here:
https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MVNCENTRAL

But we've reported this several times in the past and it doesn't seem
to prevent it from happening.

> Only Clojars (clojars.org) is managed by the Clojure community.

Since this seems to be turning into a regular event I've deployed
versions 1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.3.0, and 1.4.0 to Clojars to avoid
disruption. Leiningen honors Central above Clojars, but it will fall
back if Central drops the artifacts.

I've added Rich to the org.clojure group on Clojars; if anyone else
from Clojure/core needs access just let me know.

-Phil

Stuart Sierra

未读,
2012年8月16日 14:29:452012/8/16