Seattle Clojure meeting

Phil Hagelberg

Feb 3, 2010, 10:01:55 PM2/3/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Hello, clojurists of Seattle.

Let's meet! I'm thinking of getting folks together from 7pm to 9pm at Zoka in the University District: http://bit.ly/c9jinW Topics may include Leiningen, deftype/protocols, getting set up with Emacs, or even getting another pair of eyes on that pet project that you've been playing around with recently. I suspect it'll be mostly talking and getting to know people, but bring laptops.

I'm thinking of either the 11th or the 15th, depending on what works best for the most people. Let me know if you think you can make it to one or both of these times.

-Phil

ajay gopalakrishnan

Feb 4, 2010, 1:07:55 AM2/4/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I'm in!
But on 11th. I cannot make it on 15th

Kevin Downey

Feb 4, 2010, 1:12:59 AM2/4/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
the 11th at Zokas is good for me

--
And what is good, Phaedrus,
And what is not good—

Stan Dyck

Feb 4, 2010, 11:53:01 AM2/4/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I can do the 11th as well.

StanD.

Howard Lewis Ship

Feb 4, 2010, 8:57:34 PM2/4/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I might drive up on the 15th, or take the train. I'm just getting
back from London on the 14th though, so maybe next meeting for me.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Phil Hagelberg <ph...@hagelb.org> wrote:

> --

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Tim Clemons

Feb 5, 2010, 12:24:01 AM2/5/10
to Clojure
I'm interested as well. Either the 11th or 15th works for me.

-- Tim.

On Feb 4, 5:57 pm, Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I might drive up on the 15th, or take the train.  I'm just getting
> back from London on the 14th though, so maybe next meeting for me.
>

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> > Hello, clojurists of Seattle.
>
> > Let's meet! I'm thinking of getting folks together from 7pm to 9pm at Zoka

> > in the University District:http://bit.ly/c9jinWTopics may include

pthatcher

Feb 4, 2010, 12:31:29 PM2/4/10
to Clojure
11th should work for me.

On Feb 3, 7:01 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> Hello, clojurists of Seattle.
>
> Let's meet! I'm thinking of getting folks together from 7pm to 9pm at Zoka

> in the University District:http://bit.ly/c9jinWTopics may include

pthatcher

Feb 4, 2010, 12:31:44 PM2/4/10
to Clojure
11th should work for me.

On Feb 3, 7:01 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:

> Hello, clojurists of Seattle.
>
> Let's meet! I'm thinking of getting folks together from 7pm to 9pm at Zoka

> in the University District:http://bit.ly/c9jinWTopics may include

bzimmer

Feb 5, 2010, 11:36:26 AM2/5/10
to Clojure
I'm interested, either day works.

thanks, brian

On Feb 3, 7:01 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:

> Hello, clojurists of Seattle.
>
> Let's meet! I'm thinking of getting folks together from 7pm to 9pm at Zoka

> in the University District:http://bit.ly/c9jinWTopics may include

Phil Hagelberg

Feb 5, 2010, 3:50:54 PM2/5/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Wow, I certainly was not expecting that level of response; this is great.

Looks like the 11th (Thursday) is the crowd favorite. Once again, the
location is http://bit.ly/c9jinW

We'll be meeting in the back. Zoka is a big place, but it can get
crowded with all those college students around, so I'll try to save
some space. Look for the laptop with the "my other car is a cdr"
sticker, or for me; my photo is at http://technomancy.us/colophon

-Phil

Greg

Feb 5, 2010, 11:04:08 PM2/5/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
> Look for the laptop with the "my other car is a cdr" sticker

:-D

I need to get that for my car, it should synergize with the Starfleet Academy sticker...

Phil Hagelberg

Feb 11, 2010, 7:30:22 PM2/11/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Just a reminder: this is tonight. I'd love to see you there.

-Phil

Mark Tomko

Feb 12, 2010, 7:58:27 AM2/12/10
to Clojure
Oh, man. I just moved from Seattle to Boston in December, and I miss
Zoka's coffee. Have fun, everyone! Maybe we can get some of the
Boston-area Clojure folks to meet up sometime.

On Feb 11, 7:30 pm, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> > Wow, I certainly was not expecting that level of response; this is great.
>
> > Looks like the 11th (Thursday) is the crowd favorite. Once again, the

> > location ishttp://bit.ly/c9jinW

> > We'll be meeting in the back. Zoka is a big place, but it can get
> > crowded with all those college students around, so I'll try to save
> > some space. Look for the laptop with the "my other car is a cdr"

> > sticker, or for me; my photo is athttp://technomancy.us/colophon

Phil Hagelberg

Feb 12, 2010, 10:35:59 PM2/12/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Phil Hagelberg <ph...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Phil Hagelberg <ph...@hagelb.org> wrote:
>> Wow, I certainly was not expecting that level of response; this is great.
>>
>> Looks like the 11th (Thursday) is the crowd favorite. Once again, the
>> location is http://bit.ly/c9jinW
>
> Just a reminder: this is tonight. I'd love to see you there.

We had our first meeting last night, and I'd say it was a big success.
We got 11 hackers packed into the back of the coffee shop and
discussed such things as Incanter and Leiningen and even had a
multi-laptop GNU Screen-shared demo of the debug-repl. Since the
response was so positive we will probably try to make it into a
regular occurrence, tentatively the first Thursday of the month.

The only problem is we need a name for the group. I'm tempted to call
it Seajure in an attempt poke fun at the silly names often chosen for
Clojure projects, but perhaps that's a bit much. Thoughts?

-Phil

Garth Sheldon-Coulson

Feb 12, 2010, 10:43:43 PM2/12/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
It's great to hear the Seattle event was such a success! Mark, I agree that a Boston-area meet-up would be fun. If someone is interested in spearheading, I would be happy to support in any way I can.