clj-time and clojure 1.3

Brad

Nov 16, 2011, 9:47:15 AM11/16/11
to Clojure
Just curious what happened with getwoven and clj-time.

It seems that Sean has updated clj-time over on Clojars and this
version works fine under 1.3.

If you search on clj-time though you get links to a getwoven project.
https://github.com/getwoven/clj-time/ with 404s. This is the one I
originally used. Now when I search github I see https://github.com/KirinDave/clj-time.

Just wondering what is happening and where the appropriate project is?

Sean Corfield

Nov 16, 2011, 8:39:59 PM11/16/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Brad <br...@beaconhill.com> wrote:
> Just curious what happened with getwoven and clj-time.
>
> It seems that Sean has updated clj-time over on Clojars and this
> version works fine under 1.3.

I have taken over clj-time from Mark McGranahan:

https://github.com/seancorfield/clj-time

(although github seems to be omitting the navigation bar on that repo
- I'll open a support ticket).

The getwoven repo was supposed to have a notice saying that mine is
now the definitive repo. @bradfordcross tweeted about the change. It
looks like the disappearance of getwoven's repo has left things in a
bit of a mess :(
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."

Sean Corfield

Nov 17, 2011, 12:48:22 PM11/17/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Sean Corfield <seanco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have taken over clj-time from Mark McGranahan:
>
> https://github.com/seancorfield/clj-time
>
> (although github seems to be omitting the navigation bar on that repo
> - I'll open a support ticket).

github fixed that problem - apparently it was a "weird caching issue"...

Now if we can get KirinDave to put a notice on his repo saying mine's
the master, given that in the absence of the getwoven repo, github now
says mine's a clone of his, rather than the getwoven one...

Brad

Nov 20, 2011, 10:51:40 PM11/20/11
to Clojure
Thanks. It would be nice if KirinDave id put a notice up. Also, it
would be nice if when you search for clj-time and go to getwoven
rather than 404-ing it pointed to your version.

I have an idea.

I notice that you have a pointer to Clojars under Installation. This
seems like a nice standard for people to follow. You find the source
of something which you try quickly this way.

I think the reverse would be nice. If you find clj-time for example by
going to Clojars first it would be nice if there was a pointer back to
the source that was used to build the jar submitted to Clojars.

- Brad