Leiningen in Debian

Wolodja Wentland

Aug 5, 2011, 8:39:09 AM8/5/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have been working with Phil on the packaging of Leiningen for Debian and it
has just been uploaded into the archive. The installation on most Debian
versions is pretty painless:

Sid
---

# apt-get install leiningen

Squeeze
-------

You can easily backport the packages from sid and install them locally.

1. Add backports and sid sources to your sources.list:

deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ sid main

2. Update

# apt-get update

3. Compile/Install clojure1.2, libclucy-clojure, librobert-hooke-clojure and leiningen

# mkdir -p src/debian ; cd src/debian

# apt-get build-dep clojure1.2
# apt-get source -b clojure1.2
# dpkg -i clojure1.2*.deb

# apt-get build-dep libclucy-clojure
# apt-get source -b libclucy-clojure
# dpkg -i libclucy-clojure*.deb

# apt-get build-dep librobert-hooke-clojure-clojure
# apt-get source -b librobert-hooke-clojure-clojure
# dpkg -i librobert-hooke-clojure*.deb

# apt-get build-dep leiningen
# apt-get source -b leiningen
# dpkg -i leiningen*.deb

That should be it. I would expect leiningen to be available in Ubuntu soonish.
Have fun and please report all bugs you can find (preferrably with patches ;)
--
Wolodja <bab...@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA 36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC

signature.asc

Wolodja Wentland

Aug 5, 2011, 9:12:14 AM8/5/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 13:39 +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> # apt-get build-dep librobert-hooke-clojure-clojure
> # apt-get source -b librobert-hooke-clojure-clojure
> # dpkg -i librobert-hooke-clojure*.deb

This should have been "librobert-hooke-clojure" not
"librobert-hooke-clojure-clojure" :)

signature.asc

Ambrose Bonnaire-Sergeant

Aug 5, 2011, 9:13:54 AM8/5/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Sweet!

Phil Hagelberg

Aug 5, 2011, 7:17:00 PM8/5/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Wolodja Wentland <bab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That should be it. I would expect leiningen to be available in Ubuntu soonish.
> Have fun and please report all bugs you can find (preferrably with patches ;)

Thanks a bunch for seeing this all the way through, Wolodja!

I've submitted an Ubuntu sync request, so it should land in Ubuntu
11.10 in a day or so: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/821557

-Phil

Paul Cavallaro

Aug 5, 2011, 11:01:11 PM8/5/11