Clojure Continuous Integration on Tapestry360

Howard Lewis Ship

Feb 22, 2009, 12:48:56 PM2/22/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
I've set up two Clojure builds on the Tapestry360 Continuous Integration Site:

http://tapestry.formos.com/bamboo

A trunk build runs after any changes to clojure.

The nightly build runs every morning.

Clojure now produces Maven artifacts in the
http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-snapshot-repository Maven repository
as part of the nightly build.

To access the nightly snapshot in Maven, you must update your
pom.xml's <repositories> element (creating it as necessary):

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>tapestry-snapshots</id>
<url>http://tapestry.formos.com/maven-snapshot-repository/</url>
</repository>
</respositories>

You can then add a <dependency> for Clojure:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.clojure</groupId>
<artifactId>clojure-lang</artifactId>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>

Note that the repository includes a sources JAR (most IDEs will
download it automatically, which may help with debugging). In
addition, there's a "slim" variant, where the core library Clojure
sources are NOT pre-compiled:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.clojure</groupId>
<artifactId>clojure-lang</artifactId>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<classifier>slim</classifier>
</dependency>

The slim JAR is about half the size of the standard JAR but will,
obviously, start up more slowly as all the scripts need to be compiled
at runtime.

I'd be interested in setting up the same thing for the Clojure contrib
library ... we can set it up as a dependent build of Clojure, so that
any change to Clojure forces a rebuild of contrib.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Paul Stadig

Mar 1, 2009, 7:04:42 AM3/1/09
to Clojure
If I want to install maven into my local repository from a working
copy (with local changes), how would I do so?

I would expect to be able to do "mvn install", but it does not work.
The pom.xml has been gutted of any source directory definitions, so it
only builds an empty JAR. Assuming I have the maven-ant-tasks library
installed, is there an ant task to install to my local repo?

Paul