Logos v0.4 - Closing in on SWI-Prolog ?

David Nolen

Jan 23, 2011, 10:01:53 PM1/23/11
to clojure
I just pushed the latest version of Logos. The project is now, I believe, sufficiently original. For the amount of time that I've spent on it, I'm surprised that it can solve the classic Zebra problem in nearly the same amount of time as SWI-Prolog - 7ms on my machine. I attribute this to a few things:

* miniKanren's purely functional approach is a great design that matches with Clojure's unique strengths
* protocols deliver on allowing you to write succinct code that really lets you get to the speed of the host

Another big change is a logos.nonrel namespace which contains copy-term, project, cond-a (soft cut), cond-u (Mercury-style committed choice).

Next up, logic variable aware pattern matching so that you can write Clojure miniKanren programs that are as succinct as their Prolog cousins.

David

David Nolen

Jan 23, 2011, 10:03:40 PM1/23/11
to clojure