Why JVM (and not .NET) is the "primary" platform for Clojure?

Dmitry Kakurin

Oct 10, 2009, 3:40:03 AM10/10/09
to Clojure
I've watched some Clojure screen cast where Rich Hickey mentions that
initially Clojure was co-developed for both platforms simultaneously.
But then it became too hard and he has dropped .NET support.

Out of curiosity, why JVM has won the contest :-)?

- Dmitry

Chas Emerick

Oct 10, 2009, 3:19:54 PM10/10/09
to Clojure
Rich expanded on this briefly in IRC:

http://clojure-log.n01se.net/date/2008-07-23.html#16:34

- Chas

Kelvin Pompey

Oct 10, 2009, 11:10:58 AM10/10/09
to Clojure
The following is an interview with Rich Hickey where he answers your
question.
http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/313989/-z_programming_languages_clojure?rid=-301

Florian Weimer

Oct 11, 2009, 3:56:56 AM10/11/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
* Kelvin Pompey:

> The following is an interview with Rich Hickey where he answers your
> question.
> http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/313989/-z_programming_languages_clojure?rid=-301

Have you got another URL for this article? It seems that IDG forgot
to renew idg.net.au (it's currently inactive), and that took
computerworld.com.au with it and many other IDG sites under .au.

Konrad Hinsen

Oct 11, 2009, 8:41:35 AM10/11/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com

I read the article under that URL a few minutes ago, it works fine!

Konrad.

Michael Wood

Oct 11, 2009, 9:13:00 AM10/11/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
2009/10/11 Florian Weimer <f...@deneb.enyo.de>:

I couldn't resolve it earlier, but it seems to be working now.

If you can't get there directly, this also works for me:

http://www.computerworld.com.au.nyud.net:8080/article/313989/-z_programming_languages_clojure?rid=-301

--
Michael Wood <esio...@gmail.com>

Michael Wood

Oct 11, 2009, 9:14:32 AM10/11/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
2009/10/11 Michael Wood <esio...@gmail.com>:

hmmm... Actually, I see the Coral Cache link just redirects back to
the actual page anyway. But as I said it seems to be working again
anyway.

--
Michael Wood <esio...@gmail.com>

Kelvin Pompey