ANN: textmate-clojure, SLIME for TextMate (sorta)

David Nolen

Sep 23, 2010, 10:39:32 PM9/23/10
to clojure, Aria Haghighi
First off Acknowledgements:

Aria Haghighi, did much of the heavy lifting on this project!
Stephen Roller, created the first version of the bundle in 2008
Mark McGranaghan, expanded Stephen Roller's version
Justin Balthrop & Lance Bradley, core developers of Cake http://github.com/ninjudd/cake - if they weren't constantly adding features just for this project, this would have never gotten off the ground
Allan Odgaard, for being the creator of TextMate and listening to my Bundle dev noob questions

The project is written almost entirely in Clojure so you have no excuse to not contribute if you like TextMate :D

Lots of bugs to fix. Two things I'd love to see:

1. Integration with nREPL via WebSockets to get a REPL right in TextMate
2. Integration with Mycroft to get an inspector right in TextMate

David

Greg

Sep 23, 2010, 11:55:12 PM9/23/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Great job on this, I was hoping the TM Clojure bundle would get some much needed loving. :-)

Quick question: how does this bundle get clojure.jar and clojure-contrib.jar (and any additional dependencies), and is there a way to tell it to use a specific clojure[-contrib].jar file(s)?

Thanks,
Greg

David Nolen

Sep 24, 2010, 12:22:24 AM9/24/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:55 PM, Greg <gr...@kinostudios.com> wrote:
Awesome! Great job on this, I was hoping the TM Clojure bundle would get some much needed loving. :-)

Quick question: how does this bundle get clojure.jar and clojure-contrib.jar (and any additional dependencies), and is there a way to tell it to use a specific clojure[-contrib].jar file(s)?

Thanks,
Greg

Same way you do with lein. Just set that in your project.clj and run 'cake deps', or even 'lein deps' if you like.

David

Greg

Sep 24, 2010, 1:06:27 AM9/24/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! What about single files though? (i.e. no project.clj)

David Nolen

Sep 24, 2010, 1:08:25 AM9/24/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Greg <gr...@kinostudios.com> wrote:
Thanks! What about single files though? (i.e. no project.clj)

cake has a global project.clj - ~/.cake/project.clj. Change this and single files will get access to those dependencies.

David

samnardoni

Sep 24, 2010, 10:27:48 AM9/24/10
to Clojure
Awesome work on this!

I was wondering: Have you considered more integration with the
terminal (via `screen`), rather than evaluating and displaying in a
window? I had a setup like this with vim, and it worked really well.
For example, when you evaluate a function definition, it "pipes" it to
the terminal, and then you can play around with the function in the
terminal too. It feels more intuitive.

This post should clarify the method: http://technotales.wordpress.com/2007/10/03/like-slime-for-vim/

Sam

On Sep 24, 3:39 am, David Nolen <dnolen.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> First off Acknowledgements:
>
> Aria Haghighi, did much of the heavy lifting on this project!
> Stephen Roller, created the first version of the bundle in 2008
> Mark McGranaghan, expanded Stephen Roller's version
> Justin Balthrop & Lance Bradley, core developers of Cakehttp://github.com/ninjudd/cake- if they weren't constantly adding features

David Nolen

Sep 24, 2010, 11:14:21 AM9/24/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM, samnardoni <samna...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Awesome work on this!

I was wondering: Have you considered more integration with the
terminal (via `screen`), rather than evaluating and displaying in a
window? I had a setup like this with vim, and it worked really well.
For example, when you evaluate a function definition, it "pipes" it to
the terminal, and then you can play around with the function in the
terminal too. It feels more intuitive.

This post should clarify the method: http://technotales.wordpress.com/2007/10/03/like-slime-for-vim/

Sam

I've never investigated this closely- seems like a great workaround until we can get a real integrated REPL. Thanks for sharing this.

David

Greg

Sep 25, 2010, 2:38:02 PM9/25/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Sep 23, 2010, at 10:08 PM, David Nolen wrote:

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Greg <gr...@kinostudios.com> wrote:
Thanks! What about single files though? (i.e. no project.clj)

cake has a global project.clj - ~/.cake/project.clj. Change this and single files will get access to those dependencies.

Great, thanks!

- Greg

lpetit

Sep 28, 2010, 7:27:24 AM9/28/10