Clojure 1.3 Alpha 3

Stuart Halloway

Nov 5, 2010, 8:53:26 PM11/5/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Clojure 1.3 Alpha 2 is now available at

http://clojure.org/downloads

 0 Changes from 1.3 Alpha 2 to 1.3 Alpha 3
 1 Changes from 1.3 Alpha 1 to 1.3 Alpha 2
 2 Changes from 1.2 to 1.3 Alpha 1
 3 About Alpha Releases

= 0 Changes from 1.3 Alpha 2 to 1.3 Alpha 3

  * fixed filter performance issue introduced in 1.3A2
  * with-redefs macro (useful for stubbing)
  * print-table

= 1 Changes from 1.3 Alpha 1 to 1.3 Alpha 2

  * code path for using vars is now *much* faster for the common case,
    and you must explicitly ask for :dynamic bindability
  * new: clojure.reflect/reflect
  * new: clojure.data/diff

= 2 Changes from 1.2 to 1.3 Alpha 1

  * enhanced primitive support
  * better exception reporting
  * ancillary namespaces no longer auto-load on startup:
    clojure.set, clojure.xml, clojure.zip

= 3 About Alpha Releases

1.3 is the first release of Clojure that will include a series of
alpha builds. We are adding these builds to support maven and
leiningen users, who want a specific artifact that they can target (as
opposed to building from master or "moving-target" snapshots).

If you are the kind of person who used to track master by building
from source, but no longer do so because you are using maven or
leiningen, alpha releases are for you.

Sean Corfield

Nov 5, 2010, 9:10:29 PM11/5/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Stuart Halloway
<stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Clojure 1.3 Alpha 2 is now available at
>
> http://clojure.org/downloads

Thanx.

Will contrib get a 1.3.0-alpha3 build?
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/

-- Margaret Atwood

Jacek Laskowski

Nov 6, 2010, 1:08:26 PM11/6/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 1:53 AM, Stuart Halloway
<stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Clojure 1.3 Alpha 2 is now available at

Hi,

^^^ note the version, but the subject
says it all, so...

I downloaded the alpha3 release and have run it with the recent build
of clojure-contrib #253 [1]. When I use'd c.c.monads it threw an
exception:

devmac:apps jacek$ clj -13
CLOJURE_DIR: /Users/jacek/apps/clojure
CLOJURE_CONTRIB_JAR: /Users/jacek/apps/clojure-contrib-1.3.0-build254.jar
Clojure 1.3.0-alpha3
user=> (use 'clojure.contrib.monads)
NoSuchMethodError
clojure.core$meta.invokeStatic(Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;
clojure.contrib.def/defvar (def.clj:30)

With the latest clojure-contrib alpha2, it works fine:

devmac:apps jacek$ clj -13
CLOJURE_DIR: /Users/jacek/apps/clojure
CLOJURE_CONTRIB_JAR: /Users/jacek/apps/clojure-contrib-1.3.0-alpha2.jar
Clojure 1.3.0-alpha3
user=> (use 'clojure.contrib.monads)
nil

Why?