Fiji release: Fiji is Just ImageJ (with Clojure)

Albert Cardona

Oct 16, 2008, 1:53:22 PM10/16/08
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We are releasing today Fiji: Fiji is Just ImageJ, batteries included --
that means. among other things, Clojure.

[Quite unknowingly that today was Clojure 1st release anniversary:
congratulations! We are loving it.]

http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de

Fiji is an ImageJ distribution that bundles a collection of plugins, jar
libraries and scripting languages in a consistent framework.

Fiji includes Java JDK and java3d, and is available for Windows, MacOSX
and Linux.

Fiji targets image registration, stitching, segmentation, feature
extraction and 3D visualization, among others.
For examples see http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de

For developers, Fiji provides its own build system, Fake (Fiji+Make),
and is distributed under version control with git. The main Fiji
executable is native, cross-platform, and provides numerous features for
easy plugin compilation and interaction.

For Fiji development see http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/Developing_Fiji

For writing Fiji plugins in Clojure, see:
http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/index.php/Clojure_Scripting

Fiji includes its own GUI REPL for Clojure:
(Launch the plugins - Scripting - Clojure Interpreter)
http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/index.php/Scripting_Help

Thank you very much for such a great language, Clojure, that lets us
write image processing programs with an ease, abstraction and
thread-safety like we could have never imagined before.

Albert

--
Albert Cardona
http://www.mcdb.ucla.edu/Research/Hartenstein/acardona