Contrib branch compatible with Clojure 1.0

Stuart Sierra

Jul 2, 2009, 12:58:10 PM7/2/09
to Clojure, cloju...@groups.google.com
Hi folks,
I have created a branch of clojure-contrib that should be fully
compatible with Clojure 1.0:
http://github.com/richhickey/clojure-contrib/tree/clojure-1.0-compatible

This includes c.c.test-is with the older syntax for "are". Maybe this
should be updated to use the newer syntax.

Contrib authors -- if you're making a change that is compatible with
Clojure 1.0, please add it to both the master and clojure-1.0-
compatible branches.

-SS

Chouser

Jul 2, 2009, 2:17:54 PM7/2/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com

Stuart -- thanks for doing this! Any plans for making a .jar or .zip available
somewhere?

Also, is there any reason not to call this contrib-1.0? It seems to me that it
would be most useful to have major contrib versions simply map to major clojure
versions: contrib-1.a.x for clojure-1.a.y

Anyway, regardless of what it's called, I'm grateful someone has done
it. Thanks again, Stuart!
--Chouser

Stuart Sierra

Jul 2, 2009, 2:55:21 PM7/2/09
to Clojure
On Jul 2, 2:17 pm, Chouser <chou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, is there any reason not to call this contrib-1.0?  It seems to me that it
> would be most useful to have major contrib versions simply map to major clojure
> versions:  contrib-1.a.x for clojure-1.a.y

The consensus on the dev list seemed to be that "Contrib 1.0" would
imply a degree of coherence and stability that many contrib libraries
have not yet achieved.

I'm happy to leave contrib as-is and let different parts evolve at
their own pace. Libraries that experience heavy use and minimal
changes can be nominated for inclusion with Clojure itself, as
recently happened to c.c.test-is.

But a JAR to include with the Clojure 1.0 distribution would be good.
Let people find out if anything is missing/broken in the contrib
branch, and then we can make one.

-SS