[ANN] clj-stream (Iteratees in Clojure)

Román González

Dec 29, 2011, 2:51:46 AM12/29/11
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I've been working on this for a while, experimenting a lot with possible implementations of Iteratees in Clojure, the library is more like a proof of concept (not released yet to clojars).

https://github.com/roman/clj-stream

If you are interested in Iteratees (or trying to understand how they work) I tried my best to implement a friendly API. Some of the things this library provides:

* All public functions are tested and documented.
* A Monadic interface so that you can compose simple Iteratees (Consumers) into more complex ones.
* A macro (run*) that facilitates the execution of Iteratees (Consumers).

Some of the known drawbacks that I'm looking forward to improve (if you have any suggestions, please let me know):

* Some Iteratees (Consumers) and Enumeratees (Filters) hold state through recursion, I'm afraid this might cause a StackOverflow with big numbers, so this is something that definitely needs to get improved.

Thanks for your feedback.

Roman.-