Clojure 1.0

Rich Hickey

May 4, 2009, 8:58:43 AM5/4/09
to Clojure
After a sustained period of API stability and minimal bugs reports,
I'm happy to announce the release of Clojure 1.0!

http://clojure.googlecode.com/files/clojure_1.0.0.zip

Numbered releases will enable people to consume a stable version of
Clojure and move to bugfix-only incremental versions while preserving
API stability, and to consume libraries designed to work with specific
versions. Providing the bugfix-only revisions depends upon the
community to submit patches for the release branch as well as the
trunk.

Clojure represents several years of effort on my part, but has also
been shaped profoundly by the community in the 18 months since its
release to the public. I can't thank everyone enough for your
contributions of ideas, bug reports, suggestions, tests, tools,
documentation and code - patches and enhancements. Clojure wouldn't be
where it is today without its community and all of your efforts.

Of course, there is more to do. Many good ideas have been suggested in
the discussions preceding this release that were best put off for 1.1.
Now with the release we can pursue them, and many others:

http://clojure.org/todo

I want to give special thanks to those who have made donations - they
really help! I did the core work on Clojure during a self-funded
sabbatical that has run its course (i.e. through my savings :) -
donations help fund the future.

Clojure 1.0 is a milestone of achievement, but it also represents a
beginning. With 1.0, Stuart's book, the burgeoning set of libraries in
and outside of contrib, and the large, friendly community, Clojure is
poised to enter a period of increased adoption and application in many
domains.

Here's to the future!

Rich

Baishampayan Ghose

May 4, 2009, 9:14:00 AM5/4/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Rich Hickey wrote:
> After a sustained period of API stability and minimal bugs reports,
> I'm happy to announce the release of Clojure 1.0!
>
> http://clojure.googlecode.com/files/clojure_1.0.0.zip

This is fantastic! Congratulations to Rich and the Clojure community.

Cheers!
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose <b.g...@ocricket.com>
oCricket.com

Message has been deleted

Sean Devlin

May 4, 2009, 9:52:03 AM5/4/09
to Clojure
Thank you and congrats!

On May 4, 9:46 am, AlamedaMike <amino.metr...@gmail.com> wrote:
|> Congratulations, Rich! And thanks for all your hard work. Having a
1.0
|> release out to help adoption in the workplace environments that we
|> need to get into.

Indeed, this is the case where I work. Having a stable version to
target will make it possible for me to develop projects on the clock.

Jonas Bonér

May 4, 2009, 9:49:38 AM5/4/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Big congrats. Fantastic work Rich and all contributors. Thanks for
making this happen.
/Jonas

2009/5/4 Rich Hickey <richh...@gmail.com>:
--
Jonas Bonér | Crisp AB

http://jonasboner.com
http://crisp.se

changm...@gmail.com

May 4, 2009, 9:51:09 AM5/4/09
to Clojure
This is a very cool! I have one suggestion: maybe we should update the
clojure website and add the announcement of 1.0 release. I know that
Rich has announce the news in the blog. However, most of the people
will just go to
http://clojure.org/. Therefore, I think that it is very important to
put the announcement on the main website. Any comment?

AlamedaMike

May 4, 2009, 9:54:08 AM5/4/09
to Clojure
Congratulations, Rich! And thanks for all your hard work. Having a 1.0
release ought to help adoption in the workplace environments that we
need to get into.

Rich Hickey

May 4, 2009, 9:57:25 AM5/4/09
to Clojure

On May 4, 9:51 am, "mchan...@uiuc.edu" <changming...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a very cool! I have one suggestion: maybe we should update the
> clojure website and add the announcement of 1.0 release. I know that
> Rich has announce the news in the blog. However, most of the people
> will just go tohttp://clojure.org/. Therefore, I think that it is very important to
> put the announcement on the main website. Any comment?

I've added a note to the front page, thanks.

Rich

Stevie Wang

May 4, 2009, 10:02:24 AM5/4/09
to Clojure
Congrats!!!

Rick Moynihan

May 4, 2009, 10:10:58 AM5/4/09
to Clojure
This is great news that'll hopefully help propel clojure into more
mainstream uses!

Many thanks to Rich and everyone else for helping create what I'd
consider to be the first real-world practical lisp!

I'm certainly looking forward to spending some more quality time with
the language!

R.

Rayne

May 4, 2009, 10:23:25 AM5/4/09
to Clojure
Congratulations Rich! I'm happy to be a part of the Clojure community.

Martin DeMello

May 4, 2009, 12:18:24 PM5/4/09
to Clojure
On May 4, 5:58 pm, Rich Hickey <richhic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After a sustained period of API stability and minimal bugs reports,
> I'm happy to announce the release of Clojure 1.0!
>
> http://clojure.googlecode.com/files/clojure_1.0.0.zip

Congratulations!

martin

Nicolas Buduroi

May 4, 2009, 12:32:11 PM5/4/09
to Clojure
Wow, I really didn't expected this one! I also came to realize that
I've been using Clojure for a year now, the longest period of time
I've devoted to a single non-mainstream language. A million thanks!

Congratulations to Rich and all contributors.

Olov Lassus

May 4, 2009, 12:47:46 PM5/4/09
to Clojure
Congratulations! Keep up the good work,
/Olov

Robert Stehwien

May 4, 2009, 1:06:45 PM5/4/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com

After a sustained period of API stability and minimal bugs reports,
I'm happy to announce the release of Clojure 1.0!

http://clojure.googlecode.com/files/clojure_1.0.0.zip

Congratulations!

I made a promise to myself long ago to really learn a Lisp.  I've dabbled on and off but now Clojure is really motivating me to really learn - sane concurrency model and on the JVM so I have all sorts of libraries at my disposal and availability "everyone" what's not to love?

--Robert

David Nolen

May 4, 2009, 2:02:17 PM5/4/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Congrats exciting times!

Mark H.

May 4, 2009, 2:55:44 PM5/4/09
to Clojure
Congrats Rich and contributors! You all have made a great tool and a
great community as well!

mfh

miner

May 4, 2009, 6:06:26 PM5/4/09
to Clojure
(dosync (alter congrats conj (System/getProperty "user.name")))

tmountain

May 4, 2009, 10:04:07 PM5/4/09
to Clojure
Congrats! I'm loving Clojure more all the time. Thank you for making
the Lisp I've been waiting for all these years.

Travis

kkw

May 5, 2009, 12:30:42 AM5/5/09
to Clojure
Bravo to Rich and all contributors!

Kev

Santanu

May 5, 2009, 1:03:45 AM5/5/09
to Clojure
On May 4, 5:58 pm, Rich Hickey <richhic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After a sustained period of API stability and minimal bugs reports,
> I'm happy to announce the release of Clojure 1.0!
>
> http://clojure.googlecode.com/files/clojure_1.0.0.zip

Thanks a lot and congrats to you and the Clojure community.
Finally I think I have found a practical Lisp I can devote myself to.
Hoping for great times ahead.

Thanks again for the release.

Regards,
Santanu Chatterjee

Neo

May 4, 2009, 11:11:44 PM5/4/09
to Clojure
Congratulations to Rich and the whole community. It's a fantastic
time. Cheers!

Mikio Hokari

May 4, 2009, 10:56:55 PM5/4/09
to clo...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations!
I'm loving and enjoying Clojure programming.
Clojure is the most beautiful, practical and fun language I've ever seen.
Thank you very much for your great work!

Mikio

tmountain

May 5, 2009, 10:44:22 AM5/5/09
to Clojure
I've submitted the announcement to Slashdot. It's in the firehose
right now. If anyone has an account, you can go vote for the
submission and perhaps we can get it on the front page.

http://slashdot.org/firehose.pl - article titled "Clojure 1.0
Released"

Travis

On May 4, 10:56 pm, Mikio Hokari <mikiohok...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congratulations!
> I'm loving and enjoying Clojure programming.
> Clojure is the most beautiful, practical and fun language I've ever seen.
> Thank you very much for your great work!
>
> Mikio

liebke

May 5, 2009, 3:02:55 PM5/5/09
to Clojure

Congratulations to Rich and all the contributors! It has been a joy to
program in Clojure, it is the Lisp I've been waiting for.

Thank you,
David