maven source dir(s) for clojure/pom.xml and clojure-contrib/pom.xml

Eric Thorsen

Jul 2, 2009, 10:32:36 PM7/2/09
to Clojure Dev
I know next to _nothing_ about maven but I was wondering what the
rationale is for not defining the source directories in the pom.xml
files?
The latest version of Netbeans (6.7) has improved and rather tenacious
support for maven. When there is no source dirs defined for the
project the default source directory is set to <project-base-dir>/src/
main/java (which I believe is a maven default) and it does not appear
to be configurable within Netbeans (everything is run off the pom.xml
file).

I'd be happy to address this but apparently there is some issue with
having more than one source root in maven (which the clojure project
needs) so I was hoping someone with more maven chops could chime in
here...

The work-around is to delete the pom.xml so I can at least work with
the projects as free form java projects in netbeans so this is not a
big deal for me, but any first timers attempting to open the clojure
or clojure-contrib projects with Netbeans 6.7 are going to hit this.

Thanks,
Eric