deprecate main legacy fns?

Chouser

Dec 6, 2009, 12:59:20 PM12/6/09
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Do we want to deprecate clojure.lang.Repl and clojure.lang.Script (and
their implementations legacy-repl and legacy-script in clojure.main)
in Clojure 1.1? It's not strictly necessary, since their
implementation totals just a few lines of code and doesn't get in the
way the way of any current or future plans. On the other hand, as
long as they're "supported" they will continue to be a possible source
of confusion and ought to be documented and maintained.

I don't have a particular preference, but I thought now might be a
good time to hear opinions on the matter.
--Chouser

Laurent PETIT

Dec 6, 2009, 1:50:45 PM12/6/09
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Not using them either for personal stuff, either for ccw, +1 on deprecating so that it disappears (as you said, no more documentation / maintenance burden, even if it accounts for just a few lines of dead code).

Rich Hickey

Dec 6, 2009, 2:02:57 PM12/6/09
to Clojure Dev

On Dec 6, 12:59 pm, Chouser <chou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we want to deprecate clojure.lang.Repl and clojure.lang.Script (and
> their implementations legacy-repl and legacy-script in clojure.main)
> in Clojure 1.1?

Yes.

Rich

Chouser