Contrib library renames

Stuart Sierra

Feb 1, 2010, 1:19:41 PM2/1/10
to clo...@googlegroups.com, cloju...@googlegroups.com
As the first stage in a much-needed code cleanup, the following
changes are now on the "master" branch of clojure-contrib:

* Rename c.c.str-utils3 => c.c.string
* Rename c.c.duck-streams => c.c.io
* Rename c.c.java-utils => c.c.java
* Rename c.c.seq-utils => c.c.seq
* Rename c.c.shell-out => c.c.shell

* Delete c.c.str-utils and c.c.str-utils2 (both replaced by c.c.string)
* Delete c.c.json.read and c.c.json.write (both replaced by c.c.json)

* Rename all test namespaces like clojure.contrib.test-**

All internal uses of these namespaces should be correct, and all tests
pass. Please report any problems.

If you need the old names, please use the 1.1.0 release of
clojure-contrib, available via build.clojure.org and Google Code.

-SS

Stuart Halloway

Feb 1, 2010, 1:50:19 PM2/1/10
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Awesome.

I have a bias for clojure.contrib.*-test over clojure.contrib.test-*
(and I am willing to do the gruntwork to make it so). Other strong
opinions either way?

Stu

> --
> .

Stuart Sierra

Feb 1, 2010, 4:34:02 PM2/1/10
to Clojure Dev
On Feb 1, 1:50 pm, Stuart Halloway <stuart.hallo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a bias for clojure.contrib.*-test over clojure.contrib.test-*
> (and I am willing to do the gruntwork to make it so). Other strong
> opinions either way?

No strong opinion. *-test sorts better. I just wanted the file name
of the tests to be different from the original namespace.

-SS

Alex Taggart

Feb 1, 2010, 4:58:43 PM2/1/10
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
Why add a hyphen as a delimiter?  IMO, *-test is little different from *.test, except the latter means something to extant parsers.

Stuart Halloway

Feb 2, 2010, 7:29:45 AM2/2/10
to cloju...@googlegroups.com
It's tragic I know, but aren't there still tools out there that choke
on more than one dot in name?

Stu

Perry Trolard

Feb 2, 2010, 9:56:45 AM2/2/10
to Clojure Dev
Hi Stuart S,

c.c.repl-utils needs a bit of attention re: move from c.c.str-utils*
to c.c.string: there are 3 instances of "str-join" that need to be
moved to "join," one in the ns declaration & two in the param-str
function.

Thanks for your contrib work!
Perry

Stuart Sierra

Feb 2, 2010, 9:59:34 AM2/2/10
to Clojure Dev
On Feb 1, 4:58 pm, Alex Taggart <alex.tagg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No strong opinion.  *-test sorts better.  I just wanted the file name
> > of the tests to be different from the original namespace.
>
> Why add a hyphen as a delimiter?  IMO, *-test is little different from
> *.test, except the latter means something to extant parsers.

Using .test in the file name would break Clojure's namespace-to-
filename conversion rules.

-SS

Perry Trolard

Feb 2, 2010, 12:33:33 PM2/2/10
to Clojure Dev
I found a couple more items to be converted to the new string lib:
more "str-join" to "join" in c.c.command-line, & "re-partition" to
"partition" in c.c.repl-utils. Also, the example function call in
c.c.string/partition's docs reverses the order of arguments. These are
trivial, but I put the changes up in a gist:

http://gist.github.com/292845

Perry

Stuart Sierra

Feb 2, 2010, 3:47:10 PM2/2/10
to Clojure Dev
Thanks, Perry. Could you make a ticket & patch?

-SS

Perry Trolard

Feb 2, 2010, 4:20:24 PM2/2/10
to Clojure Dev
Tickets are on Assembla, right? I created an account (trolard) &
believe I need someone to give me the appropriate privileges.

Thanks,

Rich Hickey

Feb 9, 2010, 7:41:17 AM2/9/10
to Clojure Dev