Interesting article about Mary Trump

David Lotto

Nov 7, 2017, 9:41:36 PM11/7/17
to clios...@googlegroups.com

Patrick McEvoy-Halston

Nov 8, 2017, 7:55:18 AM11/8/17
to Clio’s Psyche
Thanks for posting David. The article would be one to expand Trump's appeal, is my guess. How many Americans are always proclaiming their mothers the greatest things in the world, while admitting they don't see them enough, don't return home enough... and sheepishly admitting to themselves that 97 seconds in their company can sometimes be about their max limit too? There's a bit there in the article that buttresses thinking of him as someone who experienced growth panic at the rapprochement age, around 2 yrs old, associating his first forays into the world on his own with the deliberate abandonment of him by his mother. I appreciated that.

We can leave it to psychohistorians to explore how Trump has projected his mother onto "America," and people, who want to do the same, sense this in him. He thereby, in standing up against all the bad children who've wandered too far away from their forlorn mothers -- that is, to too individuated liberals -- and for collective self-sacrifice to the mother nation, guarantees himself a huge mass of Americans who want him to be successful. Trump, donned in his mother's hair, has become her great protector, her knight. And for such, he can only feel righteous, for he knows he's not doing it for himself... he's being selfless, and he knows not a single critic has tried to charge him as bad for being, truly too freely giving of himself, at his own expense.