0.5 released! (mostly)

David Sansome

Sep 19, 2010, 4:58:14 PM9/19/10
to Clementine Music Player
Hey all,

I'm pleased to announce that 0.5 is ready and is available for
download from the website!
http://www.clementine-player.org/downloads

There's also now an official PPA for Ubuntu Lucid and Maverick. You
can add the PPA and install Clementine by typing:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:me-davidsansome/clementine
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install clementine

Sadly due to a last-minute compatibility problem with iTunes 10 on Mac
there's going to be a slight delay getting the Mac OS X packages built
and uploaded. The Mac downloads on the website still point to 0.4 for
now.

Here are the changes from the release-candidate that was released two weeks ago:
* Fix a crash when closing the visualisation window with the ESC key.
* Ignore garbage iTunNORM comment fields in ID3v2 tags.
* Be sure to always enable the OK button in the settings dialog properly.
* Fix a bug that would prevent covers from loading in the cover manager.
* (Mac) Use smooth scrolling in the playlist view.
* (Mac) Correctly load M3U files created by iTunes.
* (Mac) Show now playing information in the dock menu.
* (Windows) Fix a crash when authenticating with Last.fm.

As always, the full changelog is available here:
http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/source/browse/trunk/Changelog

Enjoy!

David

Carlos Jenkins

Sep 19, 2010, 6:13:40 PM9/19/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Amazing work, congratulations on this new release.

Carlos Jenkins

Sep 19, 2010, 6:24:32 PM9/19/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Translations for Spanish at Launchpad are up to date. They're in sync with 0.5 new strings?

Dmitry

Sep 20, 2010, 12:18:40 AM9/20/10
to Clementine Music Player
How to add Debian packages (or scripts) to your build machine? Debian
users will say thanks.

On 19 сен, 23:58, David Sansome <m...@davidsansome.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that 0.5 is ready and is available for
> download from the website!http://www.clementine-player.org/downloads

Dmitry

Sep 20, 2010, 12:49:16 AM9/20/10
to Clementine Music Player
There are still bugs with unicode file names (#752), playlist
selection (#758)

On 19 сен, 23:58, David Sansome <m...@davidsansome.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that 0.5 is ready and is available for
> download from the website!http://www.clementine-player.org/downloads

Dmitry

Sep 20, 2010, 1:21:12 AM9/20/10
to Clementine Music Player

David Sansome

Sep 20, 2010, 3:09:44 AM9/20/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Yes hopefully, I did an import of all the strings just before release.
Have you noticed any that are missing?

David Sansome

Sep 20, 2010, 3:12:07 AM9/20/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Out of curiosity isn't the maverick package installable on
squeeze? If not then I'll add your link to the other downloads page.

patryk1303

Sep 20, 2010, 9:59:24 AM9/20/10
to Clementine Music Player
I can't understand why this version crashes on me.

I deleted settings from registry (HKCU\Software\Clementine), user
settings from %USERPROFILE%\.config\ and older version. This didn't
work

Error massage:
---------------------------
clementine: clementine.exe - Błąd aplikacji
---------------------------
Instrukcja spod "0x00491d60" odwołuje się do pamięci pod adresem
"0x0000000c". Pamięć nie może być "written".

Kliknij przycisk OK, aby przerwać działanie aplikacji
Kliknij przycisk Anuluj, aby rozpocząć debugowanie programu
---------------------------
OK Anuluj
---------------------------

Gobnuts

Sep 20, 2010, 12:40:46 PM9/20/10
to Clementine Music Player
Congrats on the 0.5 release!

Clementine became my default player almost immediately after I
discovered it. I enjoy getting a new build almost every day and
watching the overall progress of the program. Kudos to all the people
involved.

The only thing that saddens me is that I can't ditch (old) amarok
quite yet, as I rely on the podcast support. But judging from the
rapid development it won't be long until that'll be in Clementine as
well. Makes me wish I could code actually… oh well.

Keep up the good work and thanks for this awesome piece of
software! :)
Cheers, Gob
Message has been deleted

Treris

Sep 20, 2010, 1:53:39 PM9/20/10
to Clementine Music Player
Just updated from the rc1 available through the website to the 0.5
package available through the lucid ppa, can't tell whether anything
changed in de meantime, but it works perfectly so who cares right?

Am stil loving Clementine, very viable alternative to amarok, banshee,
rhytymbox and all the others.

David Sansome

Sep 20, 2010, 7:50:13 PM9/20/10
to Clementine Music Player
Just a quick update, the Mac build of 0.5 has been fixed now and is
available for download. Also I've fixed a bug with the Fedora
packages and uploaded new versions as 0.5.1.

If you're not using either OS X or Fedora there's no need to update.

David

PeteD

Sep 21, 2010, 3:04:46 AM9/21/10
to Clementine Music Player

I've been having a weird network issue on Win 7. I'm not totally sure
it's Clementine causing it yet but when I've done some more tests I'll
post a bug report. So far I've noticed my network connection dies a
couple of times a day, usually morning then evening. Ping still works
and open connections like IM chats still work so the interface/network
are ok but any new connections from say a browser don't work and it's
not DNS because even IP addresses don't work in the browser. Logging
off/on fixes it. I'd thought it was something else but the last couple
of times just closing Clementine seems to fix it too. I'll try using
a different music app for a day or so and see if it continues to
happen.

Cheers

Pete

Lindsay Mathieson

Sep 21, 2010, 3:52:00 AM9/21/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com

I've been seeing exactly this behaviour in my Win 7 machine as well. Never
thought of clementine - not sure how it could be, but I'll test that as well.

--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home

Evan

Sep 21, 2010, 8:54:26 PM9/21/10
to Clementine Music Player
I saw similar behaviour when I was on my Windows XP machine yesterday.
Ended up suspecting it was the new version of Clementine as closing/
reopening it seemed to fix it, but hadn't tested enough to report it
yet.

Lindsay Mathieson

Sep 22, 2010, 6:59:55 AM9/22/10
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:54:26 am Evan wrote:
> I saw similar behaviour when I was on my Windows XP machine yesterday.
> Ended up suspecting it was the new version of Clementine as closing/
> reopening it seemed to fix it, but hadn't tested enough to report it
> yet.

I can confirm the behaviour on Win7, closing clementine fixed it.

Leads me to suspect a resource leak, maybe clementine is using up the
availble socket handles?

If I see it again tomorrow I'll check the resource and handle count.
--
Lindsay
http://blackpaw.jalbum.net/home

David Sansome

Sep 22, 2010, 12:37:34 PM9/22/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like it might be this bug:
http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/issues/detail?id=782

It looks like we're forgetting to close some file handles somewhere.
I'll see if I can find out where the leak is and fix it...

David

David Sansome

Sep 26, 2010, 4:44:38 PM9/26/10
to Clementine Music Player
Another quick bugfix release: I've uploaded 0.5.2 which fixes the
handle leak on Windows, and a gstreamer dependency problem with the
32-bit Fedora package. Downloads are in the usual place:
http://code.google.com/p/clementine-player/downloads/list

Again if you're not using Windows or Fedora there's no need to update.

David

David Sansome

Sep 26, 2010, 5:16:39 PM9/26/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for helping debug this! It should be fixed in 0.5.2 now.

For the curious, the 1-handle-per-second leak was libusbmuxd trying to
connect to iTunes' iPod helper. Because you don't have iTunes
installed it was failing and retrying, but it wasn't closing the
sockets after each try. I've fixed it and upstreamed the fix to the
author of libusbmuxd.

David

cthu bik

Oct 2, 2010, 12:44:08 PM10/2/10
to Clementine Music Player
I just decided to update my svn copy and noticed the new features.
Clementine is now the best audio player available! Didn't take long
to get there either, very impressive. Just wanted to say thanks.

cthu bik

Oct 2, 2010, 12:56:49 PM10/2/10
to Clementine Music Player
Just one tiny feature request. I'd like to perfectly center the
"pretty OSD" at the top of the screen, maybe it could snap in place
when you drag it? That would be awesome and would satisfy some sort
of compulsive need for me. :) Anyways, thanks again. Love
everything about clementine, even the cmake compile is nice.

cthu bik

Oct 17, 2010, 1:07:32 PM10/17/10
to Clementine Music Player
Loving the Song Info and Artist Info. Nice blur effect there too.

Lindsay Mathieson

Oct 17, 2010, 6:02:20 PM10/17/10
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 03:07:32 am cthu bik wrote:
> Loving the Song Info and Artist Info. Nice blur effect there too.

Wow yeah! Just fired up my music for the first time in a while and that's
awesome, looks great and very accessible. Great job folks!