Visualizations problem

BigLouis87

Jun 16, 2010, 6:11:07 PM6/16/10
to Clementine Music Player
Hi,
in the newest release (r1173) I noticed a new feature,
"Visualisations" (there is also a type error :)), but when I open it a
black window appears and I cannot find a way to let the visualization
work.
Do I have to install any new dependency?
Now I am on Archlinux i686 and "radeon" open driver

Thanks

John Maguire

Jun 16, 2010, 6:12:49 PM6/16/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Does glxgears work?

John Maguire

-- quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur

BigLouis87

Jun 16, 2010, 6:33:29 PM6/16/10
to Clementine Music Player
Yes, it does...
direct rendering works well, I can play 3d games such as Urban Terror

On Jun 17, 12:12 am, John Maguire <john.magu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does glxgears work?
>
> John Maguire
>
> -- quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur

David Sansome

Jun 16, 2010, 7:12:50 PM6/16/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
Oops, Visualisations is the British English - I've changed it to
Visualizations in the UI and kept the proper spelling for en_GB ;)
As to the actual problem, I'm not sure what could be wrong. Do you
see anything at all in the window or is it totally black? There
should be an overlay at the bottom with the name of the current track
and some buttons.

What version of Qt do you have?

David

BigLouis87

Jun 16, 2010, 8:25:36 PM6/16/10
to Clementine Music Player
the window is totally black... I can change quality and dimension from
the menu, toggle fullscreen, but I see black.
It seems that the visualization runs, but I don't see it: cpu
increases and these are messages from console:

virtual bool GnomeGlobalShortcutBackend::DoRegister()
Samplerate 44100 , channels: 2
[projectM] Allocating idle preset...
[PresetFactory] path is Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle HDR
mix).milk
[PresetFactory] url is idle://Geiss & Sperl - Feedback (projectM idle
HDR mix).milk
[PresetFactory] path is r/share/clementine/projectm-presets/Zylot -
String.milk
[PresetFactory] url is /usr/share/clementine/projectm-presets/Zylot -
String.milk

and so on...
it seems to be a problem of overlay. What do you think?

BigLouis87

Jun 16, 2010, 8:28:10 PM6/16/10
to Clementine Music Player

On Jun 17, 1:12 am, David Sansome <m...@davidsansome.com> wrote:
> What version of Qt do you have?

I don't know exactly :) but it is the standard version in the arch
repos, so it should be the latest stable one.

David Sansome

Jun 16, 2010, 8:39:26 PM6/16/10
to clementi...@googlegroups.com
> it seems to be a problem of overlay. What do you think?

Maybe - try disabling it by commenting lines 64 and 191 of
src/visualisations/visualisationcontainer.cpp, they're the ones that
read:
overlay_proxy_ = scene()->addWidget(overlay_);
and
overlay_proxy_->setOpacity(value);

That should help us narrow down the problem. I think it's more likely
there was some problem setting up the opengl context though... if the
above doesn't work can you try changing line 57 of that same file
from:
setViewport(new QGLWidget(QGLFormat(QGL::SampleBuffers)));
to:
setViewport(new QGLWidget());

David

BigLouis87