Can't enter text using iPhone

Sep 9, 2010, 1:02:22 AM9/9/10
to cleditor
This is a great tool! I absolutely love it.

Unfortunately, the only browser I'm having an issue with is Safari on
iPhone. When I click in the textarea field, the onscreen keyboard
doesn't display, so I'm not able to enter text. Anyone else running
into this?

Thanks,

Alexander Liljengård

Sep 9, 2010, 7:15:19 AM9/9/10
to cled...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I heard it from one of my users, but haven't looked into it yet.

Chris Landowski

Sep 9, 2010, 10:09:36 AM9/9/10
to cled...@googlegroups.com
Hi P,

Unfortunately, Safari on the iPhone/iPad/iTouch does not support either
designMode or contentEditable which is what CLEditor (and every other HTML
Editor that I am away of) use to allow content editing. What's strange is
that their docs seem to indicate that contentEditable is supported, but I
have yet to read of anyone that has gotten this to work.

Chris

Andy Watt

Sep 28, 2010, 11:21:01 AM9/28/10
to cleditor
Hi there,

I've found out through replying on this forum that the text entry
control used for the google groups appears to render well on an iPad,
but I presume this isn't that useful for the formatting the rather
excellent CLEditor provides?

Do you keep an eye on iOS to see if CLEditor works when new releases
come out? It would be incredibly useful on the iPad, which I've got
doing nearly everything else except have a WYSIWYG HTML editor on a
web page.

Cheers

Andy Watt

Chris Landowski

Sep 28, 2010, 12:08:09 PM9/28/10
to cled...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

In the next release, I will be adding logic to simply resort back to a plain
jane textarea when running under iOS, but that is about the best I can do
until Apple decides to support this feature.

I have my iPhone jail broken, so upgrading to the lastest iOS version every
time a new one is released is not really an option that I am that interested
in. Anyway, if Apple does add designMode support, I am sure the news will
spread like wildfire across the net and it will find its way into CLEditor.