The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink? BBC One Tonight

Jamie

Dec 12, 2007, 10:00:12 AM12/12/07
to classic rock magazine readers
Those who like Pink Floyd, there's a good programme on BBC 1 tonight.
More details below :
The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink?
Wed 12 Dec, 10:45 pm - 11:45 pm 60mins

Forty years after Britain's foremost underground band released their
debut album Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Pink Floyd remain one of the
biggest brand names and best-loved bands in the world. This film
features extended archive footage, some of it rarely or never seen,
alongside original interviews with the four surviving members of Pink
Floyd - David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Nick Mason -
and traces the journey of a band that has only ever had five members,
three of whom have lead the band at different stages of its
evolution.

cybers...@googlemail.com

Dec 12, 2007, 3:23:50 PM12/12/07
to classic rock magazine readers
Thanks for reminding me. Dave Gilmour was at the Led Zep concert,
would be nice if he got some encouragement to do the same with his old
band.

Jacqui

Dec 14, 2007, 9:34:52 AM12/14/07
to classic rock magazine readers
I really enjoyed this programme. It was a great reminder how fantastic
they were during their 70s heyday. Its seems that Roger Waters is more
prepared to bury the hatchet than David Gilmour though, which is a
real shame. That really would be a reformation to get excited about.
(That comment wasn't aimed at LZ, but more towards the throwaway music
of the Spice Girls etc)

Jacqui

Claire Muncaster

Dec 14, 2007, 12:30:37 PM12/14/07
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
Hiya,

Me too. I know what you mean. I was never that bothered about the Spice
Girls when they were going, who cares about them now? [mind you, people have
said that to me about LZ too .......]

Take Care,
Claire

cybers...@googlemail.com

Dec 14, 2007, 12:46:58 PM12/14/07
to classic rock magazine readers
It's good to see a few Floydians on here. I think the thaw is settled
between Gilmour and Waters, they are speaking on friendly terms, it's
just that they cannot work together and don't want to risk reopening
old wounds. Though it was interesting how at the end Gilmour smiles
and says "anything can happen".

And as for the Spice Girls, has anyone heard Paul Gilbert's cover of 2
Become 1? It's quite brilliant and makes think they had good songs but
just happened to be performed by a bunch of talentless tarts.

I still love Led Zep, they can never do wrong in my opinion. I've done
marathons on their albums several times and their work has aged better
than most.

On Dec 14, 5:30 pm, "Claire Muncaster" <clairemuncas...@tiscali.co.uk>

Carol

Dec 15, 2007, 4:43:12 AM12/15/07
to classic rock magazine readers
Well that will teach me not to check in here. Completely missed this
one. Was it any good?

Carol x

Rob Jackson

Dec 15, 2007, 7:14:43 AM12/15/07
to classic-rock...@googlegroups.com
Funny, I thought Gilmour said "Ain't gonna happen" at the end.

Rob

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo! For Good http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/

Cosbox

Dec 18, 2007, 3:37:23 AM12/18/07
to classic rock magazine readers
I agree with Rob, I'm sure Dave said it "ain't gonna happen".

I was slightly disappointed with the programme. Whilst it was
enjoyable to watch, it gave us nothing new at all, except Bob Geldof's
view of the get together, and that wasn't exactly world shattering.