Experimental version 0.22

Esteban

Mar 6, 2007, 6:00:47 PM3/6/07
to cke, text editor for pocket pc
I have just detected that google has added a file upload feature to
the groups, so I have uploaded:
1. cpp.syntax with updated demanded by Ander
2. cke.opt with fontsize = 75, and without compression and line
squeizing
3. cke2002.zip contains an executable (of the experimental version
0.22) for older PPC devices, in particular for the PocketPC 2002.
4. cke0.22.zip contains an experimental version with several updates:

- The main change is that it handles Unicode (be and le) and UTF-8
formats, in addition to the actual ansi default codepage. I have also
added customization in every class for the character encoding and the
line-end format (Windows, Unix or Mac). You can change the default
behaviour for a given document either in the Doc Properties menu
option or in the FileOpen/SaveAs dialog.

- A "Format" menu has been added to the Fileopen dialog with the
different formats.

- Doc properties are now in a different option than the general
settings. I think this is much clearer for the user

- A "Find" option has been added to the contextual menu, it opens the
Find toolbar (if it is closed) and copies the selected text to the
find edit-box

- A "Match" option has been added to the contextual menu, it looks for
the matching open /close parenthesis, bracket or brace (if it is over
one).

- The placement of the middle bar in the FileOpen menu is kept between
callings, as well as the Show/hide folders option.

- The status of the Find bar is kept between executions of cke.

- The edit boxes for Find and replace now allow copy/cut/paste through
a contextual menu.

- The options are saved to file when exiting settings (in the present
version they where just saved when exiting the program)

- A new option has been added which allows to modify the behaviour of
the hardware keys form a char/line behaviour to a page behaviour (ie
Page down / up instead of line down/up).

- I have changed the handling of the backspace so, with some luck, it
might now work with some external devices.

I have also solved some bugs, the tangling of the settings in some
occasions, ...

There are however some bugs that remain to be fixed, and that I hope
will be solved before the official release, please report any bugs you
find.

If you want to install this version, download the file cke.0.22.zip,
unzip it to any folder and copy the file cke.exe to the cke
instalation folder in the PDA, this way your current settings will be
respected.

I will be grateful for any feedback or bug report about the behaviour
of this version.

Esteban

Ander

Mar 8, 2007, 6:30:12 AM3/8/07
to cke, text editor for pocket pc
hi Esteban

I've been testing the 0.22 version and here's what i found

- the improvements in the find and contextual menu are great (worked
without bugs until now) and are extremely useful
- the support for UTF-8 format gave me some problems
when i open a .cpp file the program recognizes it as UTF-8 format
(by the way, it does this although he's set to open as Ansi in Edit-
Settings-Classes-C++)
, if i keep it so and save it the program ads 3 bytes at the start of
the file (needles to say, this ruins any compile attempt), these 3
bytes (characters) are invisible in Cke. If i change the format type
to ansi before saving the extra bytes are not added and it all works
fine, this would be OK if the program would just remember to open .cpp
as ansi

BTW., the bytes added are "ef bb bf" hope this helps