Christmas Day interview with Kansas City woman

Andrea Whitmore

Dec 16, 2010, 5:43:25 PM12/16/10
to cjme largegroup
Greetings, Friends of Peace,

Three Kansas City-area women returned in November from a unique visit to Palestine-Israel: Audrey Bockelman is a retired resident of Harrisonville; Ann Hayles is a lay minister and a resident of Raymore; and Syrtiller Kabat is a counselor and a resident of Lee’s Summit.  The three traveled with an Interfaith Peace Builders delegation, meeting with and learning from representatives of over 20 different groups from both Israel and Palestine. You can hear them talk about how deeply the visits affected them by listening to an interview on KKFI (90.1 FM) from 3 to 4 PM Christmas Day.

Afterward, perhaps you'll find yourself wanting to join the next Interfaith Peace Builders delegation! If so, let me know and I'll get you together with the now seven people from our area who've taken that particular, inspiring (and life-changing) trip.

I've been asked to include in this e-letter a link to a three-minute talk by an Auschwitz survivor whose experiences give him great sympathy for the downtrodden. If you wish, you can see and hear at http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/992.html

I hope you've had a chance to see "Budrus" at the Tivoli in Westport, but if not, watch this space--we'll purchase the DVD at some point and have a showing, and will certainly invite you to come see.

Best wishes. Please find an hour Christmas Day to listen to your fellow Kansas Citians, and be inspired by them.

Andrea