Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
Visualizing Evolution Competition
to be held as part of the
2012 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO-2012)
July 7-11, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Organized by ACM SIGEVO
This competition aims to enable participants to exhibit their cutting edge
visualizations of evolutionary processes. The competition is a general set
of guidelines and a framework within which a variety of visualization and
interaction technologies can be used to portray current work in
evolutionary computing in a compelling and elucidating manner. Hopefully,
by visualizing these processes and applying techniques from scientific
visualization and visual analytics, new insights and a broader
understanding will be achieved.
The Visualizing Evolution Competition submission guidelines require the
submission of a program and relevant data that can be used to elucidate
some aspect of the EC community. The data must be collected from running
an evolutionary computing algorithm, or can be input to such a program
running as part of the visualization system. The materials required for
submission are as follows:
1. The application program and any instructions necessary to install
and run it.
2. Test data for the application.
3. A two page writeup describing the application, the evolutionary
process being modeled, and any insights gained through use of
4. A short video (we suggest 3 minutes length) that describes the
application, how to use it, and its significance.
The submissions will be scored by a community panel (TBA), which will
judge based on the criteria of originality, quality, and applicability,
1. Originality: This criterion is primarily to show that a submission is
unique and creative.
2. Quality: A submission high in this criterion would be visually
appealing, easy to interact with, and easy to interpret.
3. Applicability: This is primarily to evaluate how relevant is a
submission to the EC
All submissions should be sent to visualizing...@gmail.com
by June 25, 2012