Fearless and at Peace

Rachell

Aug 16, 2010, 3:29:10 AM8/16/10
to ChristLife
Some Sunday nights I would struggle to fall asleep. Why- because I
fear of what lies ahead for the week. The corporate world is very cut-
throat. So even if I am confident that I can perform the tasks at hand
and excel in all things (this is the confidence I have in my
abilities) I become anxious. This anxiety is a form of fear. Whilst
laying awake the Spirit called me to order saying “Fear the Lord your
God and only Him!!! What can men do to you? You are not trusting in
the Almighty Power of God”. In my spirit He spoke 2 Tim 1: 7 “For God
did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love
and of self-discipline.” I had to repent that I have fallen short of
His glory that I have sinned by being fearful and not trusting in His
divine power to carry me through. I had a good cry whilst repenting. I
rebuked the spirit of fear and there was a change from being fearful
to being at peace.
Prayer: Lord, fill me with your fearless Spirit . Guide me higher in
confidence and courage so that your glory can shine through me. Today
I declare that I fulfill the mighty thoughts -as written in Psalm 139-
that my Lord has about me. Amen.