Seat Belts

Mark Barker

Nov 15, 2012, 1:44:38 AM11/15/12
to christe...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks
Wondering what seat belts you folks are using. Right now I have the standard Christen ones that came with the kit, but considering either Hooker with the rachet; or Alan Silver (the parachute guy) ----- also sells a nice rachet set.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
So far I have been flying mine down to 28 degrees here in Alaska.

thanks
Mark

Larry Bereuter

Nov 15, 2012, 10:06:09 AM11/15/12
to christe...@googlegroups.com, Mark Barker
Alan Silver ratchet in the back of ours for a dozen years.  Works great.

-- Larry B., Jeff N., Scott F.

--- On Thu, 11/15/12, Mark Barker <mba...@gci.net> wrote:
--
Christen Eagle II Website:
http://www.musclebiplane.org/htmlfile/eaglehm.htm

John Smutny

Nov 15, 2012, 10:07:52 AM11/15/12
to Mark Barker, christe...@googlegroups.com
Mark -

We put Silver's 5 point ratcheting harness in the back of Double Eagle a few years ago.  We kept the red Christen belt as the secondary.

I really like it better than the Hooker in my Pitts.  In fact, the Hooker is wearing thin in places and I'm planning on replacing it before next season.  However, I'm looking at a setup like in a friend's G-200.  The 5 point harness is non-ratcheting, but the secondary lap belt is.

Just flew the Wolf Pitts up from Tucson, while the temp didn't quite get down to 28 over snowy Oregon and Washington, it sure was cold!

John Smutny

Bruce Green

Nov 15, 2012, 1:06:56 PM11/15/12
to christe...@googlegroups.com
Last winter, I had my back seat belts rewebbed and they came out like new. However, this winter, I am going to get a ratchet setup from Alan Silver and put it in the back.  I am going to move the rewebbed belts to the front seat.  I have used the Hooker in a Decathalon and I really didn't like it.  It is a side by side arrangement and it was impossible to use it without getting the parachute buckles under the belt.

Bruce Green
Eagle N110GM

David Wolf

Feb 24, 2013, 6:55:52 PM2/24/13
to christe...@googlegroups.com

Hey folks, I have a Lang D501 tail wheel.  The steering compression springs (tail wheel horn to rudder horn) are worn out.  These are the ones with a longer thin one and a shorter fat one.  Can someone direct me to find replacements please !!!

Thanks,

Dave

RONALD T HARMON

Feb 24, 2013, 7:51:08 PM2/24/13
to David Wolf, christe...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

When I has issues with my Lang I dealt with ACS in PHX if I remember right.

Ron

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Christen-Eagle" group.