Sunday Ride :: DesPlainesVinAuto

beck

Sep 11, 2009, 9:06:06 AM9/11/09
to ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, Frank Opalka, Terry Meland

Sunday is looking like a beautiful day to ride, and I am offering in this post an interesting destination/stopping point to see some cool stuff.

The British Car Festival is being held this Sunday, September 13, at Oakton Community College in Des Plaines Ill. There will be a few vendors, books, car parts, and food. Although the focus is of the four wheel type such as  Austins, Austin-Healeys, Bentleys, DeLoreans, Triumphs, MGs, Lotus, Morris, Morgans, Jaguars, Jensen-Healeys, Mini-Coopers, Sunbeams, Aston Martins, Daimlers, Cortinas, Land-Rovers, Rileys, Rolls-Royces, and TVRs, I understand there will be a few British motorcycles as well.  It promises to be a great show with 500 entrants expected.  Those who came to my garage in July may have met Frank Opalka.  He will be there with his 1937 Alvis.

http://www.britishcarunion.com/

I won’t lead a ride because my brain is too full of other stuff, but I will happily follow.  At a minimum, I will ride out on Golf road to check it out sometime during the day.

Thoughts?

.:b.e.c.k:.

Vince Strazzabosco

Sep 11, 2009, 3:08:35 PM9/11/09
to ChiVinMoto - Chicago Vintage Motorcyclists, cafer8...@yahoo.com, Frank Opalka, Terry Meland
I will be going up to check this group out, even though they refused entry to my English diesel engined Alfa Romeo van. Heck, it’s even started and electrified by Sir Lucas!

Not sure what I’ll head up there with since the R100 will be fully prepped for TWALD by then. Should be, anyhows.

Shameless plug: I had the abused-until-very-dead Lucas starter in the van rebuilt by Ron Petrucci of Prix Parts in Wasco (just west of St Charles). It was beyond hope for most shops, and Ron did a great job – it works again! Feel free to track him down for any electrical repairs, even if they’re not British, as he also works on Bosch and Marelli stuff. Leave him a message at 630-377-3033.

vince