Text encoding short cut ?

1 view

Tom Woodsworth

Nov 13, 2007, 10:42:38 AM11/13/07
to Chinese Mac
Hello,

This is a minor quibble, but does anyone know of a way to create a
keyboard shortcut to assign a particular text encoding (or toggle
through a couple of choices), either through a script and/or some
application like Quicksilver / Quickkeys in Cocoa apps like Safari /
Mail / Textedit ?

I know, navigating up to View --> Text E. ----> ______ is *so* time
consuming, but after getting accustomed to using Quicksilver I guess
I'm becoming spoiled.

Cheers,

Tom

R. Giebel

Nov 13, 2007, 1:53:22 PM11/13/07
to chine...@googlegroups.com
> This is a minor quibble, but does anyone know of a way to create a
> keyboard shortcut to assign a particular text encoding (or toggle
> through a couple of choices), either through a script and/or some
> application like Quicksilver / Quickkeys in Cocoa apps like Safari /
> Mail / Textedit ?

I use iKey for this purpose, but presumably it would be just as simple
with Quickkeys, MenuMaster, etc.

Rolf

Kerim Friedman

Nov 13, 2007, 6:51:07 PM11/13/07
to chine...@googlegroups.com
No need for other software - you can assign shortcuts ("triggers") to
menu items in Quicksilver.

http://www.43folders.com/2007/03/12/tme-quicksilver-application-menus

http://macbiblioblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/access-any-menu-item-in-your.html

I sometimes feel I only use about 2% of Quicksilver's capabilities ...

- kerim

Tom Woodsworth

Nov 13, 2007, 8:53:11 PM11/13/07
to Chinese Mac
Thanks Rolf and Kerim for that,

Quicksilver is great (and free!), but it certainly has a steep
learning curve to find all the goodies in it that make people
mistakenly think it's just "another application launcher."

So far the command "Show Menu Items" isn't showing up when I use the
Current Application proxy ..... I guess I'll have to play around.

Cheers,
Tom