Chibi under iOS, was Re: Chibi under Visual C++

Grant Rettke

Dec 10, 2011, 2:12:25 PM12/10/11
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
It would be fun to have Chibi running on iOS much like Gambit.

Would Chibi itself be amenable to such a thing?

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Alex Shinn <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:59 AM, John Cowan <co...@mercury.ccil.org> wrote:
>> Has anyone tried building Chibi with Visual C++?  I think that's an
>> important feature for embedding under Windows.
>
> I made chibi-scheme.vcproj myself a while ago and it built.
> Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to convince VC++
> to build an executable in addition to a library, and after
> spending a couple of painful hours in a slow VMware Windows
> VC++ searching help and menus and Google, I gave up, so
> as far as I know no one has actually _run_ the result from
> VC++.
>
> --
> Alex
>
> --

http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/
ACM, AMA, COG, IEEE

Meng Zhang

Dec 11, 2011, 2:27:39 AM12/11/11
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we already have it.

I wrote it about half a year ago.
--
Meng Zhang
Sent with Sparrow

Grant Rettke

Dec 11, 2011, 2:14:48 PM12/11/11
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Meng Zhang <wsxia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, we already have it.
> http://code.google.com/r/wsxiaoyslh-chibi-ios/source/list
>
> I wrote it about half a year ago.

Meng, that is awesome. Have you happened to try deploying it to iOS 3.0?

Meng Zhang

Dec 11, 2011, 9:19:51 PM12/11/11
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
Currently it won't work on 3.0 because I use some new features(GCD and blocks) which are missing
in 3.0. While it's not complicated to make it work on 3.0. I may work on this later if I got a spare time.

--
Meng Zhang
Sent with Sparrow

Grant Rettke

Dec 12, 2011, 9:54:24 PM12/12/11
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Meng Zhang <wsxia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently it won't work on 3.0 because I use some new features(GCD and
> blocks) which are missing
> in 3.0. While it's not complicated to make it work on 3.0. I may work on
> this later if I got a spare time.

Thanks Meng; I guess I should buy a post 1st-gen iPod Touch by now lol.

Grant Rettke

Dec 14, 2011, 12:34:18 PM12/14/11
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
Meng on a straight checkout should the project build on xCode 4.x?

Tried it out and xCode complained.

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Meng Zhang <wsxia...@gmail.com> wrote:

Meng Zhang

Dec 14, 2011, 9:44:48 PM12/14/11
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I didn't have a build test from a newly checked repository.
The error you got is because in a clean repository, there's no ".c" files generated by
".stub".

I've committed a new version. You need run "./bootstrap.sh" first then build the project in xcode.

--
Meng Zhang
Sent with Sparrow

Grant Rettke

Dec 17, 2011, 10:07:30 PM12/17/11
to chibi-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Meng Zhang <wsxia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I didn't have a build test from a newly checked repository.
> The error you got is because in a clean repository, there's no ".c" files
> generated by
> ".stub".
>
> I've committed a new version. You need run "./bootstrap.sh" first then build
> the project in xcode.

Thanks. Built and ran in the simulator without issue.