observation

tert in seattle

Dec 7, 2011, 5:55:11 PM12/7/11
this ng is losing its laser focus

needs more condiments

2c

spamtrap1888

Dec 7, 2011, 6:24:41 PM12/7/11
Sez you, fake Cedar Rapidan.

Where is the tert of the Virile Mary? Marriage and parenthood hath
made him a dull boy.

tert in seattle

Dec 7, 2011, 6:32:54 PM12/7/11
spamtrap1888 wrote:
Have a nice day! :-) :-) :-)

Nicko

Dec 7, 2011, 9:01:28 PM12/7/11
Sriracha makes my saliva really gooey.

Mr. Kenji

Dec 8, 2011, 10:35:01 PM12/8/11

HUey

Dec 9, 2011, 1:50:08 AM12/9/11
In article <slrnjdvrm...@ftupet.ftupet.com>, te...@ftupet.com
says...

> this ng is losing its laser focus
>
> needs more condiments
>
> 2c

fuck you, baldy.

--
HUey

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^||___||___
| Broken Truck Pale Ale || |__\__
|_...__...__________||_____|__|__|=]
"(@)'(@)"""""""""""""*|(@)*(@)**(@)

Cydrome Leader

Dec 9, 2011, 12:21:53 PM12/9/11
Nicko <nervou...@gmail.com> wrote:
grapefruit juice does the same for me.

Nicko

Dec 11, 2011, 10:31:05 AM12/11/11
On Dec 9, 11:21 am, Cydrome Leader <prese...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:
AND it inhibits drug-chewing enzymes. Get Higher Faster!

http://www.agingresearch.org/content/article/detail/861

In a study published in the May issue of the American Journal of
Clinical Nutrition, however, Paul Watkins, MD, and his colleagues,
finally tracked down furanocoumarins as the active ingredient in
grapefruit juice causing this unusual reaction. Watkins, the Dr. Verne
S. Caviness distinguished professor of medicine at the University of
North Carolina, explained that furanocoumarins block an enzyme called
CYP3A4 in the wall of the intestine.

“This enzyme normally chews up certain drugs when they are absorbed,”
he says. “When you inhibit the enzyme, however, it doesn’t chew up the
drug, which means that more of the drug gets absorbed into the
bloodstream.

Dec 11, 2011, 11:27:49 AM12/11/11

Cydrome Leader

Dec 12, 2011, 9:44:45 AM12/12/11
Nicko <nervou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 9, 11:21?am, Cydrome Leader <prese...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:
>> Nicko <nervous.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Sriracha makes my saliva really gooey.
>>
>> grapefruit juice does the same for me.
>
> AND it inhibits drug-chewing enzymes. Get Higher Faster!
>
> http://www.agingresearch.org/content/article/detail/861
>
> In a study published in the May issue of the American Journal of
> Clinical Nutrition, however, Paul Watkins, MD, and his colleagues,
> finally tracked down furanocoumarins as the active ingredient in
> grapefruit juice causing this unusual reaction. Watkins, the Dr. Verne
> S. Caviness distinguished professor of medicine at the University of
> North Carolina, explained that furanocoumarins block an enzyme called
> CYP3A4 in the wall of the intestine.
>
> ?This enzyme normally chews up certain drugs when they are absorbed,?
> he says. ?When you inhibit the enzyme, however, it doesn?t chew up the
> drug, which means that more of the drug gets absorbed into the
> bloodstream.

ha, I like how they learned all this the hard way, like with what plants
are poison.

Dec 12, 2011, 10:22:36 AM12/12/11
In article <jc540t$dkh$2...@reader1.panix.com>,
omnivore's dilemma

Cydrome Leader

Dec 12, 2011, 11:21:47 AM12/12/11
other than some fish parts, are there any meats that are just plain out
poison?

Message has been deleted

Cydrome Leader

Dec 12, 2011, 11:46:30 AM12/12/11
k enji <ke...@ripco.com> wrote:
> In article <jc59mq$hq7$2...@reader1.panix.com>,
> a few thoughts. As humans it's learned behavior when you won't eat a
> meat because it's spoiled.
>
> Plain out poison would be meat with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.
>
> Most mass produced distributed ground beef from the country's four major
> processors will poison you if not cooked well enough. Samething with
> chicken from mass producers.

fat fucking food goblins love rotted shit like cheese, and chinese will
eat anything, and every damn thing in those african grocery stores along
broadway and sheridan is some sort of rotted and dried out moldy piece of
shit, so saying people stay away from rotted stuff is nonsense.

anyways, so are there poison meats that are not toxic from being spoiled
first? For example, if I slice a neck steak out of a giraffe, will I get
sick from the meat itself asuming it's cooked correctly?

Dec 12, 2011, 11:58:14 AM12/12/11
In article <jc5b56$9ic$1...@reader1.panix.com>,
google is your friend, friend.

Geoff Gass

Dec 12, 2011, 11:55:26 AM12/12/11
Cydrome Leader <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:
> anyways, so are there poison meats that are not toxic from being spoiled
> first? For example, if I slice a neck steak out of a giraffe, will I get
> sick from the meat itself asuming it's cooked correctly?

the cooked correctly is key, I don't know about giraffe, but there's
salmonella in poultry. e.coli in beef is due to bad handling in factory
processors, so that's not a problem you'd likely get in a neck steak.

sticks

Dec 12, 2011, 12:42:01 PM12/12/11
On 12/12/2011 10:46 AM, Cydrome Leader wrote:

> anyways, so are there poison meats that are not toxic from being spoiled
> first? For example, if I slice a neck steak out of a giraffe, will I get
> sick from the meat itself asuming it's cooked correctly?

armadillo

Ron T.

Dec 12, 2011, 2:36:18 PM12/12/11

"sticks" <wolve...@charter.net> wrote in message
Naw, armadillo is edible, but I've only met one person who has, and that was
like 50 years ago. He said it was like trying to skin a volkswagon.

However, a small persentage of 'dillos carry leprosy.

That could be a problem.

Message has been deleted

Cydrome Leader

Dec 12, 2011, 6:08:07 PM12/12/11
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
> and don't forget the old trichomonas in pork. Not exactly poison, but
> tape worms weren't much fun to have back in the day.

so polar bear liver is poison.

there has to be more than that.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 12, 2011, 6:10:24 PM12/12/11
There's more to it than that. The E. coli in meat might give you mild food
poisoning, but it gives you severe food poisoning due to the animal's
diet and living conditions. I don't know if excess anti-biotics is also
related to this, but likely.

Mark Anderson

Dec 12, 2011, 6:45:55 PM12/12/11
In article boo...@nosespam.com says...

From: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/diets/tapeworm-diet/

How to Ingest a Tapeworm

The traditional way of becoming infected with a tapeworm is by eating
raw meat, being in contact with infected faeces and other foods
containing tapeworm. However, for the purposes of dieting, methods would
include the tablet form.

Dec 12, 2011, 9:17:13 PM12/12/11
In article <jc61gn$n2h$1...@reader1.panix.com>,
you didn't use your friend, Google?

Dec 12, 2011, 9:17:48 PM12/12/11
In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.1...@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Geoff Gass wrote:
>
> and don't forget the old trichomonas in pork. Not exactly poison, but
> tape worms weren't much fun to have back in the day.

oh man.

Ron T.

Dec 13, 2011, 12:11:45 PM12/13/11

"barbie gee" <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Geoff Gass wrote:
>
> and don't forget the old trichomonas in pork. Not exactly poison, but
> tape worms weren't much fun to have back in the day.

Do you mean trichinosis?

That's not a tapeworm, but very bad juju anyhow.

Message has been deleted

Geoff Gass

Dec 13, 2011, 10:58:52 PM12/13/11
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
> I don't remember.

yeah, it's tricinosis and it's a roundworm, not a tapeworm

Cydrome Leader

Dec 14, 2011, 1:54:09 PM12/14/11
the USDA who fake regulates foods just dropped the minimum cooking temp
for pork as we're not in china, so all of our livestock isn't pumped full
of mercury and lead resistant worms.

I can't say that I want any rare pork chops. I'm going to stick with
animals that wallow around in pens full of shit need to be completely
cooked.

This morning I saw some sign for whooping cough shots at Walgreens. WTF? I
thought that went away decades ago, or is this for the hippie kids that
have no immunizations and no immune systems are catching stuff like this
from the dust spores in old coughed into books at the libary?

smr

Dec 14, 2011, 2:16:02 PM12/14/11
The latter, and a prime reason I think Jenny McCarthy should be executed
for her crimes. I don't give a fuck if some idiot parent thinks little
Trotsky shouldn't be forced by the evil government to have Whooping
Cough inoculations, gets Whooping Cough, and fucking dies, but these
little infected hippie shits are bringing that crap to school and
infecting everyone else, and vaccines aren't 100% effective. If
everyone's getting innoculated, though, guess what? Not enough kids get
WC to allow it to take hold on a larger population.

California had a formal fucking CDC-declared Whooping Cough epidemic
last fucking year because of these anti-vaccine shitheads.

--
smr

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 14, 2011, 4:37:01 PM12/14/11
Cydrome Leader <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:

>This morning I saw some sign for whooping cough shots at Walgreens. WTF? I
>thought that went away decades ago, or is this for the hippie kids that
>have no immunizations and no immune systems are catching stuff like this
>from the dust spores in old coughed into books at the libary?

Parents who know better than the science have refused to get their children
the most common vaccinations.

Cydrome Leader

Dec 14, 2011, 5:07:17 PM12/14/11
then they should all cough to death or end up with scurvy or something
completely preventable.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 14, 2011, 5:42:23 PM12/14/11
Scurvy isn't communicable, so no one cares who dies of it. Whooping cough is.

It's like how great for society closing down the tuberculosis sanitariums
has worked for homeless drunks who refuse to follow the medication regimen,
even when they are sober enough to remember.

Eric

Dec 14, 2011, 5:52:08 PM12/14/11
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote in
We need to bring back the iron lung.

--
Coming to you from the beautiful Chicago suburbs

smr

Dec 14, 2011, 6:23:25 PM12/14/11
Matt Black still has it.

--
smr

Michele

Dec 14, 2011, 6:33:29 PM12/14/11
Mom got Whooping Cough about three-four years ago from someone who spent
a decent amount of time over in China. Most likely more than one source
than the anti-vaccine dumbfucks.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 14, 2011, 9:21:14 PM12/14/11
Michele <rea...@areyoukiddingme.net> wrote:

>Mom got Whooping Cough about three-four years ago from someone who spent
>a decent amount of time over in China. Most likely more than one source
>than the anti-vaccine dumbfucks.

Why wasn't your mother vaccinated as a child?

Michele

Dec 14, 2011, 9:49:51 PM12/14/11
She was. Still got it.
Message has been deleted

Mr. Kenji

Dec 14, 2011, 9:53:39 PM12/14/11
In article <jcbbo8$cng$1...@dont-email.me>,
tongue kissing?

Dec 14, 2011, 9:53:56 PM12/14/11
In article <Xns9FBBAB...@66.246.138.5>,
Matt Black.

Mr. Kenji

Dec 14, 2011, 9:54:26 PM12/14/11
In article <jcbb60$o18$1...@ftupet.ftupet.com>, smr <m...@shawnritchie.com>
wrote:
oh fuck.

that was my shtick.
Message has been deleted

Dec 14, 2011, 11:05:06 PM12/14/11
In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.1112142150210.1372@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
> what about immigrants? Do they all have the right vaccines or could they
> also be bringing it in? Then the un-vaccinated and expired vaccination
> people would be more prone to getting it, etc., etc..

yer so white it hurts

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 15, 2011, 12:44:49 AM12/15/11
Kristian M Zoerhoff <zoer...@sdf.org> wrote:
>Pertussis vaccine wears off. You need a booster every 10 years or so to be
>fully protected.

><http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/about/prevention.html>

Fuck. When are we going to receive vaccinations that don't suck?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Wing Ding

Dec 15, 2011, 8:11:09 AM12/15/11
On 2011-12-14 18:54:09 +0000, Cydrome Leader said:

> …snipped …

> This morning I saw some sign for whooping cough shots at Walgreens. WTF? I
> thought that went away decades ago, or is this for the hippie kids that
> have no immunizations and no immune systems are catching stuff like this
> from the dust spores in old coughed into books at the libary?

You can thank mom's who elect not to have their kids immunized because
(1) they're too poor, (2) stupid, (3) mexican (4) who believe that
vaccinations cause bad things to happen to their spawn.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 15, 2011, 9:17:41 AM12/15/11
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
>immunity does what it wants to.

I don't think so. I think we aren't trying to develop decent vaccines.
The flu vaccine is a joke. If that one worked, hospital patients could
die of the condition they entered the hospital for instead of flu.

Dec 15, 2011, 9:48:50 AM12/15/11
In article <jccvi5$j88$1...@news.albasani.net>,
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

> >>Fuck. When are we going to receive vaccinations that don't suck?
>
> >immunity does what it wants to.
>
> I don't think so. I think we aren't trying to develop decent vaccines.
> The flu vaccine is a joke. If that one worked, hospital patients could
> die of the condition they entered the hospital for instead of flu.

nice observation

max

Dec 15, 2011, 10:26:32 AM12/15/11
In article <slrn3vfsjeinr...@sdf.lonestar.org>,
Kristian M Zoerhoff <zoer...@sdf.org> wrote:

> On 2011-12-15, Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> Pertussis vaccine wears off. You need a booster every 10 years or so to be
> fully protected.
>
> <http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/about/prevention.html>

WORD.

UP.

fwiw, i got mine a few months ago. Felt like i had been beaten with
sticks for a few days. Did Not Like. Downtwinkels.

<http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/pertussis/>

The Whoop, it is here, and it is getting teh little peeps.

The little girl in my Star Wars movie, the one who played the young
princess leia? She had the standard vaccine regimen and she still got
it. In the 4th grade. Most likely source: the large number of
unvaccinated kids in her school. Her exposure blew right through the
vaccination.

Little girl suffered badly and has had a difficult, long, continuing and
challenging recovery.

max

Dec 15, 2011, 10:29:46 AM12/15/11
In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.1112142150210.1372@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Dec 2011, smr wrote:
>
> what about immigrants? Do they all have the right vaccines or could they
> also be bringing it in? Then the un-vaccinated and expired vaccination
> people would be more prone to getting it, etc., etc..

In the case i mentioned in my otehr post, the vector was very likely
unvaccinated children of immigrants. Whether the kids are immigrants or
not, i don't know.

max

Dec 15, 2011, 10:36:37 AM12/15/11
In article <slrn3vfsjeinr...@sdf.lonestar.org>,
Kristian M Zoerhoff <zoer...@sdf.org> wrote:

> On 2011-12-15, Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> Pertussis vaccine wears off. You need a booster every 10 years or so to be
> fully protected.
>
> <http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/about/prevention.html>

WORD.

UP.

fwiw, i got mine [edit: booster shot TDAP] a few months ago. Felt like

smr

Dec 15, 2011, 11:05:13 AM12/15/11
You... are kidding, right?

--
smr

smr

Dec 15, 2011, 11:06:59 AM12/15/11
Yes, but the anti-vaccine loons still suck shit raw. And the Cali
outbreak last year was tied, specifically, to unvaccinated children.

Vaccines aren't about absolute prevention, since that's impossible. It's
about mitigating outbreaks and preventing individual infections from
becoming epidemics, and epidemics from becoming pandemics.

--
smr

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 15, 2011, 11:16:23 AM12/15/11
Demonstrate what you believe in from your own behavior. Do you get one
annually? They work great... if they happened to choose the right virus
strains that are actually going to be the common ones this season. Many
years, they aren't even close.

A vaccine that works would train the immune system to fight diseases
similar but not identical to the disease the body fought off when first
exposed. When it works, there is a life long immunity, and people exposed
decades earlier will still be immune.

We aren't looking for the fundamental flu vaccine.

spamtrap1888

Dec 15, 2011, 11:16:42 AM12/15/11
On Dec 15, 8:06 am, smr <m...@shawnritchie.com> wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 5:33 PM, Michele wrote:

> >> The latter, and a prime reason I think Jenny McCarthy should be executed
> >> for her crimes. I don't give a fuck if some idiot parent thinks little
> >> Trotsky shouldn't be forced by the evil government to have Whooping
> >> Cough inoculations, gets Whooping Cough, and fucking dies, but these
> >> little infected hippie shits are bringing that crap to school and
> >> infecting everyone else, and vaccines aren't 100% effective. If
> >> everyone's getting innoculated, though, guess what? Not enough kids get
> >> WC to allow it to take hold on a larger population.
>
> >> California had a formal fucking CDC-declared Whooping Cough epidemic
> >> last fucking year because of these anti-vaccine shitheads.
>
> > Mom got Whooping Cough about three-four years ago from someone who spent
> > a decent amount of time over in China. Most likely more than one source
> > than the anti-vaccine dumbfucks.
>
> Yes, but the anti-vaccine loons still suck shit raw. And the Cali
> outbreak last year was tied, specifically, to unvaccinated children.

Too many wackos here. Water still isn't fluoridated over by here, even
though there is 50 years of history from the rest of the country.

> Vaccines aren't about absolute prevention, since that's impossible. It's
> about mitigating outbreaks and preventing individual infections from
> becoming epidemics, and epidemics from becoming pandemics.

TB was wiped out here until furriners started bringing it in. When I
was a kid I remember the county sanitarium was a line item on the
property tax bill.

Geoff Gass

Dec 15, 2011, 1:29:08 PM12/15/11
you're not real clear on how this all works, are you.

> We aren't looking for the fundamental flu vaccine.

because there is no such thing as the fundamental flu. it's not like
measles or mumps or chicken pox where there's a single virus. influenza is
a class of viruses, of which there are many.

Geoff Gass

Dec 15, 2011, 1:30:05 PM12/15/11
Wing Ding <wing...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-12-14 18:54:09 +0000, Cydrome Leader said:
>
>> ???snipped ???
>
>> This morning I saw some sign for whooping cough shots at Walgreens. WTF? I
>> thought that went away decades ago, or is this for the hippie kids that
>> have no immunizations and no immune systems are catching stuff like this
>> from the dust spores in old coughed into books at the libary?
>
> You can thank mom's who elect not to have their kids immunized because
> (1) they're too poor, (2) stupid, (3) mexican (4) who believe that
> vaccinations cause bad things to happen to their spawn.

1 is bs, you can get that shit for free
2 is bs, most stupid people wouldn't think to NOT get their kids shots
3 I've never heard of before
4 is the real problem

smr

Dec 15, 2011, 1:37:31 PM12/15/11
Yep. You've got it figured out, and the thousands of scientists and
doctors who have been slowly improving our ability to resist this shit
over the last century are just lazy, misguided assholes.

Okay.

--
smr

smr

Dec 15, 2011, 1:38:51 PM12/15/11
On 12/15/2011 10:16 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:

> Too many wackos here. Water still isn't fluoridated over by here, even
> though there is 50 years of history from the rest of the country.

I'm fine with Californians dying of preventable plagues by the
bucketload, frankly.

>> Vaccines aren't about absolute prevention, since that's impossible. It's
>> about mitigating outbreaks and preventing individual infections from
>> becoming epidemics, and epidemics from becoming pandemics.
>
> TB was wiped out here until furriners started bringing it in. When I
> was a kid I remember the county sanitarium was a line item on the
> property tax bill.

Stayed on the bill until 2007, when the regular County health services
absorbed those functions.

--
smr

max

Dec 15, 2011, 2:17:23 PM12/15/11
In article <slrnjekf5...@ftupet.ftupet.com>,
is problem, yes.

Ron T.

Dec 15, 2011, 3:10:14 PM12/15/11

"smr" <m...@shawnritchie.com> wrote in message
> On 12/14/2011 12:54 PM, Cydrome Leader wrote:
>> Geoff Gass<g...@tanzenmb.com> wrote:
>>> barbie gee<boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
>>>>

>> This morning I saw some sign for whooping cough shots at Walgreens. WTF?
>> thought that went away decades ago, or is this for the hippie kids that
>> have no immunizations and no immune systems are catching stuff like this
>> from the dust spores in old coughed into books at the libary?
>
> The latter, and a prime reason I think Jenny McCarthy should be executed
> for her crimes. I don't give a fuck if some idiot parent thinks little
> Trotsky shouldn't be forced by the evil government to have Whooping Cough
> inoculations, gets Whooping Cough, and fucking dies, but these little
> infected hippie shits are bringing that crap to school and infecting
> everyone else, and vaccines aren't 100% effective. If everyone's getting
> innoculated, though, guess what? Not enough kids get WC to allow it to
> take hold on a larger population.
>
> California had a formal fucking CDC-declared Whooping Cough epidemic last
> fucking year because of these anti-vaccine shitheads.
>
> --
> smr

Absolutely.

The once-controlled diseases are spiking because of the anti-vaccine crowd.

Ron T.

Dec 15, 2011, 3:14:44 PM12/15/11

"barbie gee" <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Ron T. wrote:
>

>> "barbie gee" <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote in message

>>> and don't forget the old trichomonas in pork. Not exactly poison, but
>>> tape worms weren't much fun to have back in the day.
>>
>> Do you mean trichinosis?
>>
>> That's not a tapeworm, but very bad juju anyhow.
>
> I don't remember.

Trichinosis is a bad mamma-jamma, and so is brucellosis.

When I have a calf or a pig finished, I make sure they have their meds.

All wild game gets frozen for 48 hours minimum, then cooked to 160.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

max

Dec 15, 2011, 3:29:57 PM12/15/11
In article <slrn3vfsjeklt...@miku.sdf.org>,
Kristian M Zoerhoff <zoer...@sdf.org> wrote:

> On 2011-12-15, max <beta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > In article <slrn3vfsjeinr...@sdf.lonestar.org>,
> > Kristian M Zoerhoff <zoer...@sdf.org> wrote:

> >> Pertussis vaccine wears off. You need a booster every 10 years or so to be
> >> fully protected.
> >>
> >> <http://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/about/prevention.html>
> >
> > WORD.
> >

> > UP.
> >

> > fwiw, i got mine [edit: booster shot TDAP] a few months ago. Felt like
> > i had been beaten with sticks for a few days. Did Not Like.
> > Downtwinkels.
>
> I got mine when wifey got pregnant the first time. It was unpleasant, but
> to that extent.
>
> ><http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/pertussis/>
> >
> > The Whoop, it is here, and it is getting teh little peeps.
> >

> > The little girl in my Star Wars movie, the one who played the young
> > princess leia? She had the standard vaccine regimen and she still got
> > it. In the 4th grade. Most likely source: the large number of
> > unvaccinated kids in her school. Her exposure blew right through the
> > vaccination.
>
> Richmond or Davis in St. Chaz, by chance?

Dork Ville.
Message has been deleted

spamtrap1888

Dec 15, 2011, 4:01:36 PM12/15/11
On Dec 15, 12:14 pm, "Ron T." <n...@home.com> wrote:
> "barbie gee" <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote in message

> > On Tue, 13 Dec 2011, Ron T. wrote:
>
> >> "barbie gee" <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote in message

> >> Do you mean trichinosis?
>
> >> That's not a tapeworm, but very bad juju anyhow.
>
> > I don't remember.
>
> Trichinosis is a bad mamma-jamma, and so is brucellosis.
>
> When I have a calf or a pig finished, I make sure they have their meds.
>
> All wild game gets frozen for 48 hours minimum, then cooked to 160.

Some three years ago, a wild pig by me was diagnosed with pseudorabies
-- a very nasty sounding disease.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 15, 2011, 5:45:30 PM12/15/11
Geoff Gass <g...@tanzenmb.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

>>A vaccine that works would train the immune system to fight diseases
>>similar but not identical to the disease the body fought off when first
>>exposed. When it works, there is a life long immunity, and people exposed
>>decades earlier will still be immune.

>you're not real clear on how this all works, are you.

Yes, I am.

>>We aren't looking for the fundamental flu vaccine.

>because there is no such thing as the fundamental flu.

How do you know there can't be such a fundamental immunity? We're not
really looking for it.

>it's not like measles or mumps or chicken pox where there's a single
>virus. influenza is a class of viruses, of which there are many.

What on earth makes you think measles and mumps don't mutate? Chicken
pox is one of the herpes viruses.

They found people who had a different form of bird flu decades back who
were still immune to the modern outbreak decades later. It wasn't the
identical virus.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 15, 2011, 5:46:53 PM12/15/11
What improvements? They still make the vaccine the same way they've
made it for decades, incubated in eggs. There's a lot of lead time,
which accounts for the strain they make the vaccine from often not
matching the strain that causes most of the infections.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 15, 2011, 5:49:19 PM12/15/11
Si?
Message has been deleted

tert in seattle

Dec 15, 2011, 6:15:00 PM12/15/11
barbie gee wrote:
> I only had one course in Immunology, and I worked in an immunology
> research lab for 6 years, but I can tell you that immunity and the immune
> system, and vaccinations do not behave as alain would like to believe.

hey brab...say "cluster of differentiation"

I love when you say that

smr

Dec 15, 2011, 6:29:29 PM12/15/11
On 12/15/2011 4:46 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

> What improvements? They still make the vaccine the same way they've
> made it for decades, incubated in eggs. There's a lot of lead time,
> which accounts for the strain they make the vaccine from often not
> matching the strain that causes most of the infections.

Get down to the fucking CDC and educate them, Alan. You obviously know
what they should be telling, don't waste time telling us here on chi.*.

--
smr
Message has been deleted

Dec 15, 2011, 8:49:29 PM12/15/11
In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.1...@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
> I only had one course in Immunology, and I worked in an immunology
> research lab for 6 years, but I can tell you that immunity and the immune
> system, and vaccinations do not behave as alain would like to believe.

you've been around
Message has been deleted

Dec 15, 2011, 8:54:58 PM12/15/11
In article <r-qdnTwtKoiryHfT...@giganews.com>,
"Ron T." <n...@home.com> wrote:

> Trichinosis is a bad mamma-jamma, and so is brucellosis.

found your recent facebook profile photo.

nice!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw4mlj8T9H1qk1aypo1_500.jpg
Message has been deleted

tert in seattle

Dec 15, 2011, 11:07:21 PM12/15/11
> I always like "NK cells", aka "Natural Killer Cells".
> that, and "cytotoxicity".

apoptosis is the coolest

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 15, 2011, 11:28:08 PM12/15/11
>I only had one course in Immunology, and I worked in an immunology
>research lab for 6 years, but I can tell you that immunity and the immune
>system, and vaccinations do not behave as alain would like to believe.

But getting vaccines that work a whole lot better than the shit flu
vaccine would be research well worth spending money on, no?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

spamtrap1888

Dec 16, 2011, 10:34:00 AM12/16/11
On Dec 15, 5:54 pm, k <k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <r-qdnTwtKoiryHfTnZ2dnUVZ_tydn...@giganews.com>,
>  "Ron T." <n...@home.com> wrote:
>

> > Trichinosis is a bad mamma-jamma, and so is brucellosis.
>
> found your recent facebook profile photo.
>
> nice!
>
> http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw4mlj8T9H1qk1aypo1_500.jpg

Marking links like that "NSFW" -- good idea or great idea?

Geoff Gass

Dec 16, 2011, 5:08:13 PM12/16/11
new immigrants? yeah, I can see that. would think any kid born here would
fall under 1

jamie

Dec 16, 2011, 7:17:19 PM12/16/11
In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.1...@sghcrg.sghcrg.pbz>,
>oh yeah! i forgot that one.
>and
>popliteal!

My favorite is hepatospleenomegaly.

Jamie

max

Dec 16, 2011, 8:18:11 PM12/16/11
In article <slrnjenga...@ftupet.ftupet.com>,
a lot of them Just Don't.
Message has been deleted

Dec 17, 2011, 3:20:08 PM12/17/11
In article
<43a14e3e-b9c3-46de...@l18g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
on reddit I use NSFW because that's what that culture demands. on Usenet
there's no such rule. Assume each and every URL in a usenet post is
NSFW. Duh.