Garage break-in Final [Rant]

1 view

Olde Tech

Sep 10, 2009, 7:11:43 PM9/10/09
The garage is finally secure, even though it now looks like the showroom at
Master Lock. I've even got a couple of booby traps set up (not lethal, but
makes any burglars REAL easy to identify.) I was talking to the guy across
the alley, and found out that he saw the scum breaking in. He called the
cops and spent about an hour and a half waiting in his back yard for them to
show up. They never bothered to. That raises the question, is ignoring a
call for help part of protecting or serving?

Which brings me to my rant. What the fuck is wrong with our police? We just
saw recently that they can't even take down one person with a knife without
shooting each other. And why shoot him anyway? Are they restricted to using
those fancy new Tasers on only kids and the elderly? Not long after that the
news reported about some of our boys in blue shooting a dog and hitting
nearby kids with ricochets. What the hell were they shooting at that bullets
were bouncing off? Was that dog armor plated or something? For that matter,
what the hell were they doing firing ANY weapons with children in close
proximity? If they're not getting openly drunk on their own time and
endangering the public, many times while driving in that condition, they're
victimizing the innocent while on duty. You can't even be nice to them. You
say something like "Good Morning" and what do you get back? 'Shut the fuck
up or you're going to jail!"

This just proves one thing. Chicago police, in general, are nothing more
than a bunch of trigger happy terrorists that accomplish little more than
send innocent bystanders to the hospitals and morgue, and waste no
opportunity to prove their belief that they're above the law. Our cops are
The Cubs of law enforcement- amusing to watch every once in a while, but
never coming through when it really counts. At least not in the last hundred
years or so.

That does it! As soon as my last relative dies off, I'm selling this house
that my family's occupied since 1923 and getting the hell out of here. I'll
go somewhere much safer, like Afghanistan. At least there, people have a
reason for trying to kill you... and they don't wear badges.

--
Just because I was born and raised in Chicago,
it doesn't mean I support the criminal activities of our police and mayor.

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 10, 2009, 8:43:13 PM9/10/09
Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>That does it! As soon as my last relative dies off, I'm selling this house
>that my family's occupied since 1923 and getting the hell out of here. I'll
>go somewhere much safer, like Afghanistan. At least there, people have a
>reason for trying to kill you... and they don't wear badges.

C'mon, man. If you want to make a change in your life, make a change. No
one is stuck in one place due to relatives.

spamtrap1888

Sep 10, 2009, 8:50:58 PM9/10/09
On Sep 10, 4:11 pm, "Olde Tech" <psmok...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The garage is finally secure, even though it now looks like the showroom at
> Master Lock. I've even got a couple of booby traps set up (not lethal, but
> makes any burglars REAL easy to identify.)  I was talking to the guy across
> the alley, and found out that he saw the scum breaking in. He called the
> cops and spent about an hour and a half waiting in his back yard for them to
> show up. They never bothered to. That raises the question, is ignoring a
> call for help part of protecting or serving?

I learned decades ago, when it comes to property crimes, the cops
provide a clerical function only.

kenji

Sep 10, 2009, 9:17:45 PM9/10/09
In article <h8c6f1$649$2...@news.albasani.net>,

children

Olde Tech

Sep 10, 2009, 9:33:18 PM9/10/09
"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote in message

It is when you're the only thing keeping that relative from dying alone in
some nursing home somewhere. She was born in this house, how could I not
respect her wish to die here too? She pretty much raised me from a mere
rugrat by herself, I owe her that much.

spamtrap1888

Sep 10, 2009, 9:34:58 PM9/10/09
On Sep 10, 6:33 pm, "Olde Tech" <psmok...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote in messagenews:h8c6f1$649$2...@news.albasani.net...
>
> > Olde Tech <psmok...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>That does it! As soon as my last relative dies off, I'm selling this house
> >>that my family's occupied since 1923 and getting the hell out of here.
> >>I'll
> >>go somewhere much safer, like Afghanistan. At least there, people have a
> >>reason for trying to kill you... and they don't wear badges.
>
> > C'mon, man. If you want to make a change in your life, make a change. No
> > one is stuck in one place due to relatives.
>
> It is when you're the only thing keeping that relative from dying alone in
> some nursing home somewhere. She was born in this house,  how could I not
> respect her wish to die here too? She pretty much raised me from a mere
> rugrat by herself, I owe her that much.

are you sure she never wanted to move to a bigger house in the 'burbs?
Or to Florida?

Michele

Sep 11, 2009, 12:16:20 PM9/11/09
Olde Tech wrote:
> The garage is finally secure, even though it now looks like the showroom
> at Master Lock. I've even got a couple of booby traps set up (not
> lethal, but makes any burglars REAL easy to identify.) I was talking to
> the guy across the alley, and found out that he saw the scum breaking
> in. He called the cops and spent about an hour and a half waiting in his
> back yard for them to show up. They never bothered to. That raises the
> question, is ignoring a call for help part of protecting or serving?
>
> Which brings me to my rant. What the fuck is wrong with our police? We
> just saw recently that they can't even take down one person with a knife
> without shooting each other. And why shoot him anyway? Are they
> restricted to using those fancy new Tasers on only kids and the elderly?
> Not long after that the news reported about some of our boys in blue
> shooting a dog and hitting nearby kids with ricochets. What the hell
> were they shooting at that bullets were bouncing off? Was that dog armor
> plated or something? For that matter, what the hell were they doing
> firing ANY weapons with children in close proximity? If they're not
> getting openly drunk on their own time and endangering the public, many
> times while driving in that condition, they're victimizing the innocent
> while on duty. You can't even be nice to them. You say something like
> "Good Morning" and what do you get back? 'Shut the fuck up or you're
> going to jail!"

The dog was about to latch onto the officer's leg. It's not like
Poopsie was a little chihuahua about to piddle on it.

Given the choice between taking serious bodily harm or shooting the dog,
which would you choose?

> This just proves one thing. Chicago police, in general, are nothing more
> than a bunch of trigger happy terrorists that accomplish little more
> than send innocent bystanders to the hospitals and morgue, and waste no
> opportunity to prove their belief that they're above the law. Our cops
> are The Cubs of law enforcement- amusing to watch every once in a while,
> but never coming through when it really counts. At least not in the last
> hundred years or so.
>
> That does it! As soon as my last relative dies off, I'm selling this
> house that my family's occupied since 1923 and getting the hell out of
> here. I'll go somewhere much safer, like Afghanistan. At least there,
> people have a reason for trying to kill you... and they don't wear badges.

Not to undercut your rant, as you're right on some stuff, but if you
live in a busy district, a garage break in is going to take low priority.

The large problem is that the police force is understaffed and under
equipped. There's a backlog from shift to shift in busier districts.
Morale is in the shitter as well. As your problem was property only, no
bodily harm, the priority was dropped down.

I'd seriously consider going into to the station and asking for the
community relations officer about the situation. Squeaky wheel gets the
grease 'n all.

Brent

Sep 11, 2009, 12:47:43 PM9/11/09
On 2009-09-11, Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:
> Not to undercut your rant, as you're right on some stuff, but if you
> live in a busy district, a garage break in is going to take low priority.
>
> The large problem is that the police force is understaffed and under
> equipped. There's a backlog from shift to shift in busier districts.
> Morale is in the shitter as well. As your problem was property only, no
> bodily harm, the priority was dropped down.

Government creates its own demand, which in turn results in the manpower
'shortage' for the things people actually care about.

Get rid of the war on (some) drugs, stop enforcing and having laws and
regulations that are for some businesses to destroy their competition,
stop using police as revenue generation, end the use of the police to
nanny and monitor and so on. Then maybe police departments can go back
to what they were, what they were supposed to do, protect people and
property.

Michele

Sep 11, 2009, 1:41:00 PM9/11/09

And actually back up the po-po when civil lawsuits are filed instead of
throwing them under the bus.

Brent

Sep 11, 2009, 1:57:25 PM9/11/09

What civil lawsuits are you refering to? If they just protected people
and property there would be a great deal fewer lawsuits. When they
are tasering people for not wearing a seatbelt or raiding some 90
year old woman's house in the war on drugs lawsuits will result.

Eric

Sep 11, 2009, 2:04:09 PM9/11/09
spamtrap1888 <spamtr...@gmail.com> wrote in

It's not just the cops. The states attorney won't prosecute some things.
See the article below. Even though the guy had all the stolen items in
his possession, since nobody saw him actually steal the items the states
attorney would not upgrade the charges to burglary.

Cops track down alleged thief via GPS

While making his way through Riverside, allegedly pilfering items from
unlocked vehicles, Stickney resident Jeffery Chapa took the wrong thing -
a cellphone with a global positioning system.

Just before 2 a.m. on Sept. 1, Riverside police received a call that a
vehicle had been burglarized in the 100 block of Michaux Road. The victim
told police that he received a call from a cellphone that had been left
in his vehicle; the phone belonged to his daughter.

The victim told the officer that the phone had a GPS system and could be
tracked on his home computer. The victim and the officer tracked the
whereabouts of the phone, informing police dispatch of the locations.

A North Riverside police officer apprehended Chapa, 33, in the 400 block
of Loudon Road. Two cellphones were found on the ground nearby. In
Chapa's possession, police said, were a coin purse filled with loose
change, a multi-tool reportedly taken from another vehicle and two pairs
of sunglasses, also later reported stolen.

Police said they believe Chapa is linked to a total of seven vehicle
break-ins reported in the wake of his arrest on Loudon, Bartram,
Northwood, Michaux, Northgate, Kent and Longcommon roads. All of the
vehicles were unlocked, according to police.

Police charged Chapa, a former Riverside resident, with two counts of
theft. According to Police Chief Thomas Weitzel, the Cook County State's
Attorney refused to upgrade the charges to burglary, which is a felony.
While stolen items were allegedly found in Chapa's possession, no one
actually saw him breaking into any of the vehicles.

Cydrome Leader

Sep 11, 2009, 3:33:33 PM9/11/09

yes, I donated $1500 to the cop that beat up the bartender's defense fund.
he was attacked by her and defended himself.

Geoff Gass

Sep 11, 2009, 3:45:35 PM9/11/09

she's talking about CPD, not wherever the fuck you're talking about

Brent

Sep 11, 2009, 5:10:10 PM9/11/09

CPD has never raided the wrong house? Never tased or shot or beat up
someone who didn't 'comply with orders' when those orders started with
some nannying law enforcement? I find that very hard to believe. In fact
I know it's entirely false.

Olde Tech

Sep 11, 2009, 5:14:15 PM9/11/09
"Michele" <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote in message

> The dog was about to latch onto the officer's leg. It's not like Poopsie
> was a little chihuahua about to piddle on it.
>
> Given the choice between taking serious bodily harm or shooting the dog,
> which would you choose?

Given the choice between bashing the dog over the head with a nightstick,
flashlight, pistol butt, radio or handcuffs used as a knuckle guard and
firing blindly into the general vicinity of it with a bunch of kids standing
right there, I think it would be more inportant to keep the kids safe than
just watching out for myself.

> Not to undercut your rant, as you're right on some stuff, but if you live
> in a busy district, a garage break in is going to take low priority.
>
> The large problem is that the police force is understaffed and under
> equipped. There's a backlog from shift to shift in busier districts.
> Morale is in the shitter as well. As your problem was property only, no
> bodily harm, the priority was dropped down.

I never expected to have a fleet of cruisers to come pulling up with their
sirens blaring, but when you have an eye wittness that could give you a
detailed description of the theives and their vehicle (Unfortunately, they
were smart enough to cover their license plates,) and have a meat wagon
basically loitering in the high school parking lot less than half a block
away, I think they could have done something more than make excuses.

> I'd seriously consider going into to the station and asking for the
> community relations officer about the situation. Squeaky wheel gets the
> grease 'n all.

I tried that. The last thing they told me was "We'll get the answers for you
and give you a call as soon as possible." So far, that "as soon as possible"
is taking a year and a half.

Message has been deleted

Cydrome Leader

Sep 11, 2009, 6:08:54 PM9/11/09
barbie gee <boo...@nosespam.com> wrote:
> are you high?

I though we were supposed to back up the cops?

Geoff Gass

Sep 11, 2009, 6:08:37 PM9/11/09
Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Michele" <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote in message
>>
>> The dog was about to latch onto the officer's leg. It's not like Poopsie
>> was a little chihuahua about to piddle on it.
>>
>> Given the choice between taking serious bodily harm or shooting the dog,
>> which would you choose?
>>

> Given the choice between bashing the dog over the head with a nightstick,
> flashlight, pistol butt, radio or handcuffs used as a knuckle guard and
> firing blindly into the general vicinity of it with a bunch of kids standing
> right there, I think it would be more inportant to keep the kids safe than
> just watching out for myself.

this is a completely retarded statement. an attacking dog is not something
to take lightly. it was a pit bull, not a poodle.

Geoff Gass

Sep 11, 2009, 6:07:20 PM9/11/09

unlikely on the tasing since they only rarely issue tasers, but don't let
that get in the way of your paranoid ranting

Brent

Sep 11, 2009, 6:13:08 PM9/11/09

shooting or beating up is still fair game.

core

Sep 11, 2009, 6:25:38 PM9/11/09
On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 21:10:10 +0000 (UTC), Brent
<tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote:

cite

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 11, 2009, 7:15:56 PM9/11/09

You're not afraid of poodles? The miniature ones are a tripping hazard.

spamtrap1888

Sep 11, 2009, 9:33:58 PM9/11/09
On Sep 11, 4:15 pm, "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> Geoff Gass  <g...@tanzenmb.com> wrote:

> >this is a completely retarded statement.  an attacking dog is not something
> >to take lightly.  it was a pit bull, not a poodle.
>
> You're not afraid of poodles? The miniature ones are a tripping hazard.

Or the one Lynda J. Barry (DDS) warned us about years ago:

He's small.
He's black.
He's mad as hell.
He's Poodle with a Mohawk.
You'll never call him Fifi again!

Geoff Gass

Sep 11, 2009, 9:39:32 PM9/11/09
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

true dat

Cydrome Leader

Sep 11, 2009, 10:15:11 PM9/11/09
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

Ha

Michele

Sep 11, 2009, 11:13:57 PM9/11/09

It's called the ghetto lottery. Perp got handled a little too rough by
a cop? He calls the People's Law office and sues the department for
millions. The City settles the case for a lowball amount rather than
litigate. Lawyers and perp walk away with big bucks in their pocket.

Also see: Bill Cozzi.

And CL - Abbate was not a favorite amongst his own coworkers. In fact,
he should have never been hired in the first place because of shady
history. I think there was a DUI mentioned.

Michele

Sep 11, 2009, 11:15:23 PM9/11/09
Olde Tech wrote:
> "Michele" <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote in message

>> I'd seriously consider going into to the station and asking for the
>> community relations officer about the situation. Squeaky wheel gets
>> the grease 'n all.
>
> I tried that. The last thing they told me was "We'll get the answers for
> you and give you a call as soon as possible." So far, that "as soon as
> possible" is taking a year and a half.

Did you go to the Alerman's office? They may be Daley's stool pigeons,
but sometimes they come in handy.

Cydrome Leader

Sep 12, 2009, 10:39:35 AM9/12/09

so when are cops hired on merit or fired for being assholes (never).

Cydrome Leader

Sep 12, 2009, 10:46:56 AM9/12/09

they'd be great for filling on potholes. just toss them in the street.

spamtrap1888

Sep 12, 2009, 11:13:05 AM9/12/09
On Sep 12, 7:46 am, Cydrome Leader <prese...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:

> Michele <mich...@buggeroff.net> wrote:
> > Olde Tech wrote:

> >> I tried that. The last thing they told me was "We'll get the answers for
> >> you and give you a call as soon as possible." So far, that "as soon as
> >> possible" is taking a year and a half.
>
> > Did you go to the Alerman's office?  They may be Daley's stool pigeons,
> > but sometimes they come in handy.
>
> they'd be great for filling on potholes. just toss them in the street.

My dad had a friend whose job was to spot abandoned cars. But if he
spotted too many, the towing companies the city contracted with could
not keep up. Thus, after he spotted two (or three?) he had to call it
quits for the day.

If you raise a fuss about a garage break-in, the police will offer to
send a cruiser down your alley once in a while.

Olde Tech

Sep 12, 2009, 11:49:05 AM9/12/09
"Geoff Gass" <g...@tanzenmb.com> wrote in message

Since you're going off about what breed of dog it was and completely
ignoring the point of this discussion, which is protecting public safety,
it's obvious you're just trolling for an argument without even trying to add
anything constructive, I'll just leave you with one final thought before
abandoning you to the confines of my twit filter.

If you're a cop that puts his own safety ahead of any bystanders, especially
when those bystanders are children, you have no business pinning that star
on your shirt. Not with what that star allegedly represents.

Then again, if you really hate kids that much, you can just issue them a
radio and send them out on patrol. It's not like the CPD hasn't done THAT
before.

Brent

Sep 12, 2009, 1:07:50 PM9/12/09
On 2009-09-12, Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you're a cop that puts his own safety ahead of any bystanders, especially
> when those bystanders are children, you have no business pinning that star
> on your shirt. Not with what that star allegedly represents.

In modern police work the safety of the cop is the first priority.

Michele

Sep 12, 2009, 2:52:39 PM9/12/09

Yup. The rank and file calls them merit hacks or merit cloutorious.

I've mentioned this site before. secondcitycop.blogspot.com

Want to get on a cops good side? Tell them you read the blog.

You don't have to agree with the politics on the site. It's to the
right of Rush at times. But it is very enlightening as to what's
*really* going on in Chicago and who has the power. The comments
section are where it's really happening.

Michele

Sep 12, 2009, 2:53:36 PM9/12/09

See: Joe Moore

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 12, 2009, 3:24:55 PM9/12/09
Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

<snip>

>I never expected to have a fleet of cruisers to come pulling up with their
>sirens blaring, but when you have an eye wittness that could give you a
>detailed description of the theives and their vehicle (Unfortunately, they
>were smart enough to cover their license plates,) and have a meat wagon
>basically loitering in the high school parking lot less than half a block
>away, I think they could have done something more than make excuses.

Your saying they never came? I called once because someone drove down the
alley fast (perhaps 50mph) twice and CPD was there within 10-15 minutes...
I was still outside and told them I figured it was just kids screwing around
but that eventually they were gonna clip someone as they came out of the alley,
they took down a car description and left, I didn't see the kids again but
sometimes just having a cruiser around makes people behave better...

>> I'd seriously consider going into to the station and asking for the
>> community relations officer about the situation. Squeaky wheel gets the
>> grease 'n all.

>I tried that. The last thing they told me was "We'll get the answers for you
>and give you a call as soon as possible." So far, that "as soon as possible"
>is taking a year and a half.

You should go to the beat meeting then and bring up slow response time. There
are many other people there and it puts pressure on them. I thought the beats
were setup very small in high crime neighborhoods so they could respond faster,
we are a fairly large area but they still respond quick. I'd ask a relative
for you but the first thing they are going to want is the date and time of the
911 call (one of my wifes inlaws is a commander for one districts detective
units). They seem pretty big on property crime recovery and that's how that
person got to the point they are in now. I told them about the little riot
we had on our block over a hit and run on New Years eve where it took about
10-15 minutes for them to respond, but that was new years eve and they were
probably stretched pretty thin... when they did respond they responded in
force with two cruisers and a wagon (not sure if they waited someplace for
the group to assemble before coming here or if they were already together)

Sure I think the police are lax on enforcing traffic related issues around
here (and I'm not totally upset about that) but they are pretty good at
keeping crime to at least a low roar... as I think I said before, one thing
I was told was criminals using a wire to reach your garage door release and
then just raising the big door but we don't seem to have many garage breakins.

<snip>

--
John Nelson
Chicago Area Paddling/Fishing Page

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 12, 2009, 3:25:09 PM9/12/09
spamtr...@gmail.com wrote:

>My dad had a friend whose job was to spot abandoned cars. But if he
>spotted too many, the towing companies the city contracted with could
>not keep up. Thus, after he spotted two (or three?) he had to call it
>quits for the day.

How the fuck do you spot an abandoned car? A lot of cars are ugly, but
unless they are wrecks or your familiarity with the street tells you
they haven't been moved in weeks, not abandoned.

A friend who lives in Lake View had her car towed. Too little on street
parking to meet demand, so she'd leave it in the same spot during the
week, only to use it on weekends. She said the cop knew it wasn't
abandoned but had it towed anyway. When she went to pick it up, the tow
lot operators were really snooty and tried to collect a fine for not
displaying a current city sticker and were really pissed when she
pointed it out to them on the front windshield.

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 12, 2009, 3:35:55 PM9/12/09
Geoff Gass <g...@tanzenmb.com> wrote:

<snip>

>this is a completely retarded statement. an attacking dog is not something
>to take lightly. it was a pit bull, not a poodle.

'... Even Napoleon unleashed fighting dogs in front of his reserves. After
the Battle of Marengo, he wrote, "I walked over the battlefield and saw
among the slain, a poodle killed bestowing a last lick upon his dead
friend's face. Never had anything on any of my battlefields caused me
a like emotion." ...'
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/content/animals/animals/breeds/dogtopics/dogs_war.htm

The poodle was a mighty warrior dog of the French...

'... Catherine Lawton-Anderson, for one, bristles with indignation. "I take
great exception to that," she says. "They are implying that a poodle is
a wimp. It's not a wimp. My God, it's not a wimp. I'll tell you, a poodle
will stand its ground. Our Giggsy has taken on a Rottweiler, an akita and
a pointer. And she's not aggressive - the other dogs approached her
first. ...'
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/dogs-of-war-whats-so-wrong-with-being-a-poodle-745842.html

I wonder if bankers prefer poodles?

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 12, 2009, 3:40:01 PM9/12/09

Yep, same with other activities... used to be in lifeguard class it was
'Reach, throw, row, go' now that so many lifeguards have been killed by
those they were trying to rescue it's 'Reach, throw, row, go with support'
which means you go with a float on a line and someone on shore is holding
that line to pull you (or pull the victim) back so you don't touch the
victim. Too expensive to replace 1st responders...

Olde Tech

Sep 12, 2009, 7:11:09 PM9/12/09
"Chicago Paddling-Fishing" <j...@ripco.com> wrote in message

> Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>I never expected to have a fleet of cruisers to come pulling up with their
>>sirens blaring, but when you have an eye wittness that could give you a
>>detailed description of the theives and their vehicle (Unfortunately, they
>>were smart enough to cover their license plates,) and have a meat wagon
>>basically loitering in the high school parking lot less than half a block
>>away, I think they could have done something more than make excuses.
>
> Your saying they never came?

The guy that called them and wasted half his evening standing there waiting
for them to show up said they never came.

>I called once because someone drove down the
> alley fast (perhaps 50mph) twice and CPD was there within 10-15 minutes...

Several years ago when the neighborhood first started changing, I heard the
following from out front:

Tires screeching
BANG BANG BANG BANG
woman screaming
tires screeching again
woman screaming again

Encountered neighbor as we both emerged from our back doors at same time, he
was on the phone calling 911. He reported "shots fired." They finally came
meandering up 20 minutes later.

Olde Tech

Sep 12, 2009, 7:27:22 PM9/12/09
"Brent" <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On 2009-09-12, Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> In modern police work the safety of the cop is the first priority.

From a typical Police Oath:
http://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/E3FDF2D0D5BF6068C2256C3700393CAC?opendocument

I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO
CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY

I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND
WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS

Guess that's pretty much an outdated concept now.

Olde Tech

Sep 12, 2009, 7:27:25 PM9/12/09
"Brent" <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ah, I can hear the recordings now...

911 Operator: Chicago Emergency

Caller: Help! There's somebody trying to break in my back door.

911 Operator: Gee, I'd like to send some police out, but one of them might
get hurt. Try runnung away.

Caller: I can't. I'm 90 years old and in a wheelchair.

911 Operator: Well, tell ya what. If you're still alive next week, we can
send someone with guns and body armor around to fill out a form nobody will
read.

Cydrome Leader

Sep 12, 2009, 9:25:19 PM9/12/09
Chicago Paddling-Fishing <j...@ripco.com> wrote:
> Brent <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>On 2009-09-12, Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>> If you're a cop that puts his own safety ahead of any bystanders, especially
>>> when those bystanders are children, you have no business pinning that star
>>> on your shirt. Not with what that star allegedly represents.
>
>>In modern police work the safety of the cop is the first priority.
>
> Yep, same with other activities... used to be in lifeguard class it was
> 'Reach, throw, row, go' now that so many lifeguards have been killed by

what does reach, throw, row go mean?

> those they were trying to rescue it's 'Reach, throw, row, go with support'

what does this mean?

Cydrome Leader

Sep 12, 2009, 9:26:51 PM9/12/09
Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Brent" <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On 2009-09-12, Olde Tech <psmo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> In modern police work the safety of the cop is the first priority.
>>

> From a typical Police Oath:
> http://www.poliisi.fi/poliisi/home.nsf/pages/E3FDF2D0D5BF6068C2256C3700393CAC?opendocument
>

> I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO
> CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY
>
> I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND
> WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS
>

> Guess that's pretty much an outdated concept now.

it's been replaced with

I will suck up a paycheck forever no matter how shitty or useless I am. I
am a city worker.

Cydrome Leader

Sep 12, 2009, 9:30:12 PM9/12/09
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

Hmm. I've spotted lots of stolen cars that the city picked up pretty fast.

the 911 drone always asks how you know it's stolen.

peeled steering column and 900 tickers is enough for me. For whatever
reason, they kept getting dumped on my block some years ago.

spamtrap1888

Sep 12, 2009, 9:44:12 PM9/12/09

"Stolen" is a different category to the police than "abandoned."

My dad's friend was on the force (I will not say, "working") over 30
years ago. Perhaps there has been a relentless drive for productivity
improvement in the meantime.

He was conscious he had a plum and he didn't want to lose it.

Adam H. Kerman

Sep 12, 2009, 9:53:28 PM9/12/09
Cydrome Leader <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:

>Hmm. I've spotted lots of stolen cars that the city picked up pretty fast.

>the 911 drone always asks how you know it's stolen.

>peeled steering column and 900 tickers is enough for me. For whatever
>reason, they kept getting dumped on my block some years ago.

It would be a useful service if, instead of writing tickets, vehicles
were checked against the registry of stolen vehicles.

Do you ever smell the trunk for a certain unmistakeable odor?

sticks

Sep 12, 2009, 11:53:12 PM9/12/09
Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

> I wonder if bankers prefer poodles?

Why don't you go find one and fucking ask him, ya stupid cunt?

spamtrap1888

Sep 13, 2009, 1:08:20 AM9/13/09

this comment is offensive to women.

Please substitute "retard" for cunt -- few retards post here.

sticks

Sep 13, 2009, 9:01:06 AM9/13/09
spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Sep 12, 8:53 pm, sticks <wolverin...@charter.net> wrote:
>> Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:
>>> I wonder if bankers prefer poodles?
>> Why don't you go find one and fucking ask him, ya stupid cunt?
>
> this comment is offensive to women.
>
> Please substitute "retarded" for stupid -- few retards post here.

OK. Why don't you go find one and fucking ask him, ya retarded cunt?

Yer right, that's better.

Message has been deleted

Cydrome Leader

Sep 13, 2009, 2:30:36 PM9/13/09
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> Cydrome Leader <pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:
>
>>Hmm. I've spotted lots of stolen cars that the city picked up pretty fast.
>
>>the 911 drone always asks how you know it's stolen.
>
>>peeled steering column and 900 tickers is enough for me. For whatever
>>reason, they kept getting dumped on my block some years ago.
>
> It would be a useful service if, instead of writing tickets, vehicles
> were checked against the registry of stolen vehicles.

that would involve doing work and being useful. The city doesn't get that
part yet.

> Do you ever smell the trunk for a certain unmistakeable odor?

no.

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 15, 2009, 3:13:16 PM9/15/09
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>spamtr...@gmail.com wrote:

>>My dad had a friend whose job was to spot abandoned cars. But if he
>>spotted too many, the towing companies the city contracted with could
>>not keep up. Thus, after he spotted two (or three?) he had to call it
>>quits for the day.

>How the <snip> do you spot an abandoned car? A lot of cars are ugly, but

>unless they are wrecks or your familiarity with the street tells you
>they haven't been moved in weeks, not abandoned.

How about when the same car is parked in front of your home and doesn't move
for several days... There was a red mustang (80-93 bodystyle) left in front
of my neighbors house and after about 5 days he called 311 with the plate
number and they said it was stolen (then abandoned). The police came out and
a while later the owner came out to reclaim it with a towtruck. It was legally
parked so no tickets and I assume no fees (but who knows)...

>A friend who lives in Lake View had her car towed. Too little on street
>parking to meet demand, so she'd leave it in the same spot during the
>week, only to use it on weekends. She said the cop knew it wasn't
>abandoned but had it towed anyway. When she went to pick it up, the tow
>lot operators were really snooty and tried to collect a fine for not
>displaying a current city sticker and were really pissed when she
>pointed it out to them on the front windshield.

Your supposed to be able to leave a car in position for 7 days, did she leave
it infront of her home?

The only fine they collect is towing fees (we've had a car impounded at lot#4
once before), you pay tickets/city sticker fines either via mail or in court
if applicable...

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 15, 2009, 3:16:06 PM9/15/09
Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:

<snip>

>Want to get on a cops good side? Tell them you read the blog.

Were you were able to get out of your legal woes?

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 15, 2009, 3:39:17 PM9/15/09
Scott in SoCal <scotte...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>In message <h8hhlu$gte$1...@reader1.panix.com>, Cydrome Leader
><pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:

>>> Yep, same with other activities... used to be in lifeguard class it was
>>> 'Reach, throw, row, go' now that so many lifeguards have been killed by
>>
>>what does reach, throw, row go mean?

>Without Googling, my guess is:

Each one is just a step...

>REACH for the life preserver,

step one, can you reach the victim? (ie if it's a pool do you have a long life
guard pole you can use... you sweep it under the victim and bring it up under
his/her arm (if yes you can provide buoyancy without the person helping which
may get them to stop panicking and grab the pole).

>THROW it out to the drowning person,

If you can't reach them with something, do you have something that floats that
you can throw to them... ideally on a rope where you throw it past them and
then slowly pull it in to them (allows you to move it from side to side so you
draw the item to them). Once they grab it, you pull them in... if you miss you
can pull it back and try again...

>ROW your little boat out to where they are,

If they are too far out to reach or throw to, if you have a life guard rowboat
you row out to them... a canoe or kayak might be useful, but rowboats are
pretty impossible to tip hence they are very desirable for such acts, goal is
to keep you out of the water with the victim...

>and GO in after them.

The last resort, you take a floatation belt or something with you, and it
should have a rope on it that you have in place with a second person on shore.
when I first took it you went alone and were taught that for a victim who is
fighting and trying to pull you under that you use the heal of your hand to
strike their chest and wind them and while they are recovering you turn them
around and put the floatation belt under their arm and start swimming/pulling
them back to shore... now they teach that you offer the belt to them from a
safe distance and avoid getting close enough for them to touch you...

>>> those they were trying to rescue it's 'Reach, throw, row, go with support'

>>> which means you go with a float on a line and someone on shore is holding
>>> that line to pull you (or pull the victim) back so you don't touch the
>>> victim. Too expensive to replace 1st responders...
>>

>>what does this mean?

>The rest is left as an exercise for the Leader.

Yes...

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 18, 2009, 2:11:49 PM9/18/09
Chicago Paddling-Fishing <j...@ripco.com> wrote:
>Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:

><snip>

>>Want to get on a cops good side? Tell them you read the blog.

>Were you were able to get out of your legal woes?

Smr was complaining about my recent treatment of you and since I think this is
the only post this month where I've replied to something you said I figured
I'd come revisit it...

So, in your post you were talking about some blog, and, as noted in the
text above you say 'Want to get on a cops good side? Tell him you read the
blog.'

So, I'm assuming it didn't help in dealing with your horse issues (unless
you have your horses and are back in business now), has mentioning this blog
gotten you out of other encounters with the police? If yes, how many
encounters with law enforcement do you have a year? Are you now friends with
every officer you meet because you read the blog?

I happened to be at a meeting last tonight and there was a police officer
present so I asked him if mentioning this blog would get one 'on his good
side'. He felt the better way to get on the good side of the police was
not to violate the law...

Geoff Gass

Sep 18, 2009, 3:14:40 PM9/18/09
Chicago Paddling-Fishing <j...@ripco.com> wrote:
> Chicago Paddling-Fishing <j...@ripco.com> wrote:
>>Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:
>
>><snip>
>
>>>Want to get on a cops good side? Tell them you read the blog.
>
>>Were you were able to get out of your legal woes?
>
> Smr was complaining about my recent treatment of you and since I think this is
> the only post this month where I've replied to something you said I figured
> I'd come revisit it...
>
> So, in your post you were talking about some blog, and, as noted in the
> text above you say 'Want to get on a cops good side? Tell him you read the
> blog.'
>
> So, I'm assuming it didn't help in dealing with your horse issues (unless
> you have your horses and are back in business now), has mentioning this blog
> gotten you out of other encounters with the police? If yes, how many
> encounters with law enforcement do you have a year? Are you now friends with
> every officer you meet because you read the blog?
>
> I happened to be at a meeting last tonight and there was a police officer
> present so I asked him if mentioning this blog would get one 'on his good
> side'. He felt the better way to get on the good side of the police was
> not to violate the law...

shut the fuck up, boytoucher

core

Sep 18, 2009, 5:37:14 PM9/18/09
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:11:49 +0000 (UTC), Chicago Paddling-Fishing
<j...@ripco.com> wrote:

>Chicago Paddling-Fishing <j...@ripco.com> wrote:
>>Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:
>
>><snip>
>
>>>Want to get on a cops good side? Tell them you read the blog.
>
>>Were you were able to get out of your legal woes?
>
>Smr was complaining about my recent treatment of you and since I think this is
>the only post this month where I've replied to something you said I figured
>I'd come revisit it...
>
>So, in your post you were talking about some blog, and, as noted in the
>text above you say 'Want to get on a cops good side? Tell him you read the
>blog.'
>
>So, I'm assuming it didn't help in dealing with your horse issues (unless
>you have your horses and are back in business now), has mentioning this blog
>gotten you out of other encounters with the police? If yes, how many
>encounters with law enforcement do you have a year? Are you now friends with
>every officer you meet because you read the blog?
>
>I happened to be at a meeting last tonight and there was a police officer
>present so I asked him if mentioning this blog would get one 'on his good
>side'. He felt the better way to get on the good side of the police was
>not to violate the law...

As usual, you have no clue at all.

sticks

Sep 18, 2009, 10:44:53 PM9/18/09

Even Scupe has got to think this is a fucked up post

Michele

Sep 18, 2009, 11:01:44 PM9/18/09

Absolutely NO fucking clue. He's probably been waiting to get a shot in
on me since I last trounced him and his spawn.

And to answer your question John? Yes. It did help.

Wanna know why, fuckface? Because everything that happened to me was
POLITICAL. Not legal. The only laws I ever broke were to offend people
in power. And y'know, you should ask your cop buddy if he likes being
used as a political tool. The sergeant that day told us it was one of
the worst days of his career having to arrest us.

The CITY broke laws, not me, when they took my horses and denied my
license renewal. How? There's this little thing called the
CONSTITUTION, Mr Boyscout. Ever hear of it? I mean, the big bad City
was *so* justified in taking my animals without a hearing. They ignored
my property rights and due process guaranteed by that big bad piece of
paper that allows you to have your little Christian gathering called the
Boy Scouts. They took my property because they could, not because I did
anything wrong.

But y'know? The only way to get any kind of justice these days is to
buy it. Because it takes lots of money to enforce your constitutional
rights. Thankfully there's organizations like the ACLU to do that dirty
job.

In the long run, I do not know why I am bothering to give you a civics
lesson. It's going to go right over your head. But you seem to think
that you and your precious darlings know so much more than I do. You
also probably think that Chicago should get the Olympics, and you should
keep paying out the nose to a most corrupt government via your taxes.

Why don't you file a FOIA on my file at Animal Care & Control? From
what I understand, there's lots of interesting stuff in there about how
to bring about the closure of my company. Someone <koffMRkoff> didn't
like that I was smarter than he was, and decided to take me out.

And y'know, I was only the tip of the iceberg. Falling Porches Reyes
doesn't like to deal with complaints. She takes the corporate attitude
of "if something gives you trouble, get rid of it. Don't waste time
dealing with it." As a result, Chicago will probably lose two more
companies at the end of the year during renewal time. One is losing
their barn, and cannot find new digs. The other is pissing Reyes off
like no tomorrow, and she's sending out her minions to ticket the shit
out of them.

So lesse, one driver gets four tickets. 1) No battery to power lights
(this is daytime), 2) License tag not on horse. 3) Health certificate
not on carriage (despite this certificate being on file at ACC), and the
fourth escapes me exactly, but I know there were four. ONE carriage,
ONE driver. Each ticket costs a minimum of $100. Add to that the fact
that this year is even more dire, economically, than last year? Not
much of a chance for survival.

Here's another complication. The industry can't get drivers because the
test to get a Carriage Driver's License is impossible. There's no
driving test, but a written one. If it's impossible to pass the test,
there are no new drivers. And I know that the drivers that passed and
got licensed this spring, before the change, are gone. They didn't want
to deal with the bullshit for little money. So no new drivers to
maintain and expand income.

I've come to the conclusion that John has absolutely no passion in his
life. It's been sucked out by the kids and the wife. Which is sad,
really. He's black and white, like the code he purports to write. No
nuances, no colors, no greys. Sad and pathetic.

Brent

Sep 19, 2009, 1:06:54 AM9/19/09
On 2009-09-19, Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:11:49 +0000 (UTC), Chicago Paddling-Fishing
>> <j...@ripco.com> wrote:

> Wanna know why, fuckface? Because everything that happened to me was
> POLITICAL. Not legal. The only laws I ever broke were to offend people
> in power.

It's pretty obvious that businesses that rely on animals have to treat
them well or they go out of business. The regulation that government
enforces exists for the connected businesses to destroy or damage the
unconnected and for the agendas of beuracrats.

> And y'know, you should ask your cop buddy if he likes being
> used as a political tool. The sergeant that day told us it was one of
> the worst days of his career having to arrest us.

I don't know how 'just following orders' and 'just doing my job' allows
many cops to sleep at night or look themselves in the mirror. I
understand that the sadistic, evil, and/or corrupt cops do it for their
own satisfaction. It's how the 'good cops' can carry out the orders of a
corrupt system that I don't understand. If the 'good cops' are the
majority then they could put a stop to it all by refusing to do these
things. The government would be stuck (starved for man power) or end up
hiring street gang members as cops which would only make the nature of
the work more apparent to the general population.

> The CITY broke laws, not me, when they took my horses and denied my
> license renewal. How? There's this little thing called the
> CONSTITUTION, Mr Boyscout. Ever hear of it? I mean, the big bad City
> was *so* justified in taking my animals without a hearing. They ignored
> my property rights and due process guaranteed by that big bad piece of
> paper that allows you to have your little Christian gathering called the
> Boy Scouts. They took my property because they could, not because I did
> anything wrong.

The more I've learned the more it has become clear that's how the
whole american system of government functions. It requires people to
believe in the excuses for all those laws and regulations to continue.
Once their belief is gone, the government is in very big trouble, it
will be forced to compensate with violence.

> In the long run, I do not know why I am bothering to give you a civics
> lesson. It's going to go right over your head.

This froup needs it IMO.

> But you seem to think
> that you and your precious darlings know so much more than I do. You
> also probably think that Chicago should get the Olympics, and you should
> keep paying out the nose to a most corrupt government via your taxes.

That's the whole point of what we get in the government schools and on
the television. To convince us that we need to keep paying and obeying
these thugs in government.

> Why don't you file a FOIA on my file at Animal Care & Control? From
> what I understand, there's lots of interesting stuff in there about how
> to bring about the closure of my company. Someone <koffMRkoff> didn't
> like that I was smarter than he was, and decided to take me out.

That is all too common in humans and why these power structures cannot
exist.

> Here's another complication. The industry can't get drivers because the
> test to get a Carriage Driver's License is impossible. There's no
> driving test, but a written one. If it's impossible to pass the test,
> there are no new drivers. And I know that the drivers that passed and
> got licensed this spring, before the change, are gone. They didn't want
> to deal with the bullshit for little money. So no new drivers to
> maintain and expand income.

Wow, they've really put the whole point of licensing on display.

I don't know if the timing is right or if you just don't want the
attention, but I think your experience and general knowledge of what
city government is doing to the carriage industry would be something
that would make a great article or news story. Expose the actions of the
city to the light of day. If local media won't carry it, I think
lewrockwell.com would. (and the readership there is rather high and
growing, plus the benefit of not having some media dufus cut the facts
and points you want to make out)

Geoff Gass

Sep 19, 2009, 9:27:28 AM9/19/09

I figure the cop had already sniffed out what a fucktard jonny is, so him
mentioning SCC was obvious bullshit.

Gregory Morrow

Sep 19, 2009, 10:13:28 AM9/19/09
Michele wrote:

{{{{{{APPLAUSE}}}}}}

I nominate Michele's post for chi* Post Of The Year...

--
Best
Greg

Geoff Gass

Sep 19, 2009, 11:08:34 AM9/19/09
Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:
> I've come to the conclusion that John has absolutely no passion in his
> life. It's been sucked out by the kids and the wife. Which is sad,
> really. He's black and white, like the code he purports to write. No
> nuances, no colors, no greys. Sad and pathetic.

I don't even think he's a coder. Most coders I know aren't fucking jagoffs
like jonny.

Message has been deleted

Cydrome Leader

Sep 19, 2009, 9:25:24 PM9/19/09

Not trying to be a dick but but why not just have the stupid battery and
display whatever tags and permits are needed?

Michele

Sep 19, 2009, 9:48:03 PM9/19/09

No, you're not being one.

It goes hand in hand with why that particular company is being targeted.
"I'm the original carriage company in Chicago and I can do whatever
the fuck I want, screw the rest of you pussies."

As far as horse tags go, it's a piece of stupidity. Harness is swapped
around all the time from horse to horse. It's supposed to be attached
to certain areas on the harness, which also are the spots that take a
lot of action. IE lines being drawn up, horses shaking/rubbing, ad
nauseum. If a tag gets lost, a police report has to be filed. No joke.

One could take the argument to just attach the tags with carabiners.
But the attitude of the geniuses doing the ticketing would immediately
jump to fraudulent activity because one can move the tags at will.
Nevermind that they probably don't have a list with the description of
what horse goes with what tag #. As petty as that attitude is, it's real.

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 28, 2009, 3:36:20 PM9/28/09
Cydrome Leader <pres...@mungepanix.com> wrote:

<snip>

>Not trying to be a dick but but why not just have the stupid battery and
>display whatever tags and permits are needed?

There is a guy who runs raft rentals on the vermilion... inflatable rafts,
by law every boat is supposed to have a license stuck to it but doing so on
an inflatable raft doesn't work out so well so he talked with them and they
came up with stickers in a book along with the title for each boat (if they
issued stickers yearly it might have worked out, but stickers are multi-year
so when he deflates the boats, the stickers would be ruined... the point is
he talked with them before they were trying to fine him to demonstrate that
you are trying to follow the law as best as possible...

Where I was first targeted was because I asked about the carriage licenses.
One of the things the paper said was they were operating carriages without
the operators having licenses. It's a $25 fee. Would seem to me it would
be cheaper to pay the fee than to constantly fight about it or claim the
other operators don't have licenses either. If your driving a car without
a license, it would not be a valid defense to say there are others doing
the same that police haven't pulled over...

She called it a revenue license but if you look it up it says you have to
pass an exam with a minimum 80% score, so technically, it's a real license
(that doesn't mean the exam is hard or that anyone fails it)

To stand behind the counter in a pharmacy you need to either be a licensed
pharmacist or pharmacy tech (used to be called apprentice). Those of us who
worked behind the counter always had to pay our $4 (1978) fee... no exam,
purely a revenue license (maybe they ran a background check or something to
ensure no drug convictions)...

Ignoring a law is problematic...

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Sep 28, 2009, 3:44:14 PM9/28/09
Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:

<snip>

>nauseum. If a tag gets lost, a police report has to be filed. No joke.

If the license plate on your car was lost or stolen, you'd report it wouldn't
you? I agree that the odds of someone picking up a horse license and attaching
it to their horse is slim, but the police report bit is pretty standard for
the loss of any form of government issued license that is displayed externally.

>One could take the argument to just attach the tags with carabiners.
>But the attitude of the geniuses doing the ticketing would immediately
>jump to fraudulent activity because one can move the tags at will.
>Nevermind that they probably don't have a list with the description of
>what horse goes with what tag #. As petty as that attitude is, it's real.

Would be or was? Did you try? (the reason I ask is the IDNR is very sticky
about boat stickers, but still realized the rental guy with the inflatables
was paying the fees and came up with a compromise for him). They mainly
just want the revenue from the fees...

The government is very inflexible when it comes to fees.

Brent

Sep 28, 2009, 4:07:56 PM9/28/09
On 2009-09-28, Chicago Paddling-Fishing <j...@ripco.com> wrote:
> Michele <mic...@buggeroff.net> wrote:
>
><snip>
>
>>nauseum. If a tag gets lost, a police report has to be filed. No joke.
>
> If the license plate on your car was lost or stolen, you'd report it wouldn't
> you? I agree that the odds of someone picking up a horse license and attaching
> it to their horse is slim, but the police report bit is pretty standard for
> the loss of any form of government issued license that is displayed externally.
>
>>One could take the argument to just attach the tags with carabiners.
>>But the attitude of the geniuses doing the ticketing would immediately
>>jump to fraudulent activity because one can move the tags at will.
>>Nevermind that they probably don't have a list with the description of
>>what horse goes with what tag #. As petty as that attitude is, it's real.
>
> Would be or was? Did you try? (the reason I ask is the IDNR is very sticky
> about boat stickers, but still realized the rental guy with the inflatables
> was paying the fees and came up with a compromise for him). They mainly
> just want the revenue from the fees...
>
> The government is very inflexible when it comes to fees.

It's very simple... It was made very clear. (It's even more clear
when you start reading the nonsense online from people cheering
the city on) people in the chicago city government want some or all the
carriage companies GONE. There is no compromise. They will use every
tiny detail they can find or twist in the law to that end.

Have you never been on the recieving end of a political hunt in office
politics? It's like that but much much MUCH worse and often involves
courts and jail cells.

Michele

Sep 28, 2009, 6:50:11 PM9/28/09

See: mirrors on carriages.

Used to be that stick on bubbles were fine. Last year during renewal,
we had to have stalk mirrors.

Oh, and despite the fact that there is no stated law that a carriage has
to have a dashboard, CS inspectors were shitting a brick over that
little detail.

Of course, all of those issues went away when we got fucked over.

Chicago Paddling-Fishing

Oct 16, 2009, 4:49:45 AM10/16/09

Well, I don't really care one way or the other, but it seems to me they brought
this on themselves when she said (and the newspaper said) they weren't buying
operator licenses or attaching licenses to the horse gear as required by law...

What better way to get the city to crack down on you than to demand the city
provide you with spaces to pick up customers but refuse to buy/display
licenses? Did they think the city would ignore it?

Now, you may be driving down the street next to someone else with no tags
and both of you with expired licenses, but if the cop pulls you over, you
can't use the excuse "The other guy wasn't following the law either" to
get out of a fine can you?

If that same cop sees you tomorrow, he may pull you over again because they'll
remember you didn't have a license yesterday (and they are going to be on that
same shift for 30 days unless they volunteered for midnights).

>Have you never been on the recieving end of a political hunt in office
>politics? It's like that but much much MUCH worse and often involves
>courts and jail cells.

I used to not bother putting my city stickers on, I'd buy them but because
I lived near the burbs and worked in the burbs, it just eliminated changing
them every year. Once, I had some junk in the garage and had to park on the
street. A few days later, I had a ticket on the car for no city sticker. I
figured I'd get the stuff out of the garage on the weekend so I didn't think
twice about it... got another ticket the next day... commander said once they
know something like that, if things are slow they'll check it again and again
it's an easy ticket (one of my wife's relatives is a police commander, not
a district commander, but a "commander" FWIW). Anyway, after the second ticket
I cleaned out the garage, parked inside and paid my fine. These days I use
stickerguard, the cop at scouts claims he can tell the difference but I haven't
had any problems (I buy one for each car anyway so I have receipts to show I'm
not moving them from car to car).

She doesn't have a self reliant business, she needs space from the city to
operate but wasn't displaying licenses or using licensed operators... it's
sorta like taunting the city... if you are totally dependent on the city
for your work area, shouldn't you strive to maintain good relations which
would include appropriate licensing?

Brent

Oct 16, 2009, 10:15:03 AM10/16/09

Talk about missing the point and being a loyal serf.

>>Have you never been on the recieving end of a political hunt in office
>>politics? It's like that but much much MUCH worse and often involves
>>courts and jail cells.

> I used to not bother putting my city stickers on, I'd buy them but because
> I lived near the burbs and worked in the burbs, it just eliminated changing
> them every year. Once, I had some junk in the garage and had to park on the
> street. A few days later, I had a ticket on the car for no city sticker. I
> figured I'd get the stuff out of the garage on the weekend so I didn't think
> twice about it... got another ticket the next day... commander said once they
> know something like that, if things are slow they'll check it again and again
> it's an easy ticket (one of my wife's relatives is a police commander, not
> a district commander, but a "commander" FWIW). Anyway, after the second ticket
> I cleaned out the garage, parked inside and paid my fine. These days I use
> stickerguard, the cop at scouts claims he can tell the difference but I haven't
> had any problems (I buy one for each car anyway so I have receipts to show I'm
> not moving them from car to car).

> She doesn't have a self reliant business, she needs space from the city to
> operate but wasn't displaying licenses or using licensed operators... it's
> sorta like taunting the city... if you are totally dependent on the city
> for your work area, shouldn't you strive to maintain good relations which
> would include appropriate licensing?

It seems you weren't paying attention to what Michelle wrote. She did
nothing of the sort, she was saying what happened to another company.

Also, it appears you're saying it's the fault of us serfs if we are not
sufficently submissive to the whims of the government.

Geoff Gass

Oct 16, 2009, 11:03:57 AM10/16/09
Brent <tetraethylle...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It seems you weren't paying attention to what Michelle wrote. She did
> nothing of the sort, she was saying what happened to another company.
>
> Also, it appears you're saying it's the fault of us serfs if we are not
> sufficently submissive to the whims of the government.

well duh, nelson sucks off authority almost as much as he does boy scouts

smr

Oct 16, 2009, 12:14:33 PM10/16/09
On 10/16/2009 3:49 AM, Chicago Paddling-Fishing wrote:

> She doesn't have a self reliant business, she needs space from the city to
> operate but wasn't displaying licenses or using licensed operators... it's
> sorta like taunting the city... if you are totally dependent on the city
> for your work area, shouldn't you strive to maintain good relations which
> would include appropriate licensing?

All I hear in this post is "we haff to follow ze orders. the authorities
are alvays right and true; FOLLOW ZE ORDERS".

You're a despicable pile of spineless shit.

--
smr

Michele

Oct 16, 2009, 2:00:09 PM10/16/09

I have no fucking clue where he gets this shit from. I don't half
wonder if he's posting drunck. I mean, seriously, I don't have a
business anymore. So how the fuck could I be taunting the City?

I'd love to see John walk up to the owner of the company I refer to and
tell him to follow the law. That'd be quite amusing.

John Rappe

Oct 19, 2009, 5:43:57 AM10/19/09

Yes, but what's really important is that Michele crossed him in the past
so she has to be put in her place. Never mind about the facts.

Geoff Gass

Oct 19, 2009, 9:40:18 AM10/19/09

no kidding, like the fact that he messed with her first.

smr

Oct 19, 2009, 12:09:17 PM10/19/09

That stupid, uppity bitch should know her place, take those damned
Western shoes off, get the fuck back in the kitchen and set to breeding,
then.

--
smr

Michele

Oct 19, 2009, 1:42:09 PM10/19/09

I should post my letter to the Inspector General's office here and let
Johnny-boy figure it out.