Best Fish Fry in Chicago!

G Wiv

Apr 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/18/98

I have been following the Best Fish Fry in Chicago thread and wracking
my brain trying to remember the name of the bar where I had a great
fish fry 2 or 3 months ago. Well today being Friday I felt this
afternoon would be an excellent time to try and find this tavern
again. After driving up and down Lincoln Ave and stopping in a few
bars that turned out to be the wrong ones. (I had to have a beer or
two so they would not think I was rude) I finally found the PLACE.
Clancy's Pub has an ambiance like the Wisconsin taverns of my youth
and a great all you can eat fish fry for 6.75$. The bartender was
friendly and had a lovely Irish lilt to her voice. I had three
helpings of beer battered Cod with fries and slaw. When I was finished
with each portion she asked me if I would like more and really meant
it, no skimping at Clancy's. She also refilled my coke without asking
and at no extra charge. All the condiments are available from hot
sauce to malt vinegar. Yes I will be back soon and no I did not eat
dinner tonight.
Gary

Clancy's Pub
4264 N. Lincoln