CherryPy 3.1.0 final released!

Robert Brewer

Jun 30, 2008, 10:05:17 PM6/30/08
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of the CherryPy team, I'm extremely pleased to announce the
release of CherryPy 3.1.0 final! The kind of improvements that version
3.0 brought to cherrypy.request, this new version brings to
cherrypy.engine: better startup, shutdown, reload, daemonization,
signal-handling, scripting, scaffolding, and more:

* There's a new 'cherryd' script for running CherryPy applications.
* All startup/shutdown behavior is now componentized and pluggable
(even your own).
* CherryPy 3.1 works out of the box with Google App Engine.
* Custom error handlers are much easier to write and use.
* There's a new 'scaffold' example layout for new CherryPy projects.

See http://www.cherrypy.org/wiki/WhatsNewIn31 for more details. Happy
webification!

Robert Brewer
fuma...@aminus.org

Sylvain Hellegouarch

Jul 1, 2008, 5:31:35 AM7/1/08
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com

Might congratulations for this release. Of course a *huge thank you to
Robert* who is really the one who made CherryPy this fantastic product. I
think the community has expanded a bit and many contributors have shown
how it was easy to make CherryPy a better product by opening tickets,
discussing on the list, helping to debug. So thanks to everyone.

- Sylvain

--
Sylvain Hellegouarch
http://www.defuze.org

Vivek Khurana

Jul 1, 2008, 6:04:50 AM7/1/08
On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 7:35 AM, Robert Brewer <fuma...@aminus.org> wrote:

> On behalf of the CherryPy team, I'm extremely pleased to announce the
> release of CherryPy 3.1.0 final! The kind of improvements that version
> 3.0 brought to cherrypy.request, this new version brings to
> cherrypy.engine: better startup, shutdown, reload, daemonization,
> signal-handling, scripting, scaffolding, and more:

Thanks a ton man. Time for me to generate fresh API docs.

regards
Vivek

joelr

Jul 1, 2008, 10:09:12 AM7/1/08
to cherrypy-users

Thanks so much for the great work. CherryPy keeps
getting better and better!

I noticed that the scaffold directory in the download
does not include the __init__.py file that's in
the subversion repository.

- Joel

Robert Brewer

Jul 1, 2008, 11:32:33 AM7/1/08
to cherryp...@googlegroups.com

Argh. Thanks for letting us know. :) Fixed in
http://www.cherrypy.org/changeset/2011.

Robert Brewer
fuma...@aminus.org