Fw: Found Black Lab

Chatham Chatlist

Feb 12, 2013, 9:22:09 PM2/12/13
to Animal Lovers
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Sherry Donoghue <snshi...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tue, February 12, 2013 7:04:54 PM
Subject: Found Black Lab

I posted the following notice on the chatlist Monday which came out Tuesday:

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:09:42 -0500
From: Sherry Donoghue <snshi...@hotmail.com>
Subject: Found Dog

My niece found a male black lab that wondered onto their property a couple of days ago. The dog has no tags or any other identifying marks. He is very friendly and my niece was hoping that he can be reunited with his owner. If this dog belongs to you or you happen to know the person that lost their dog, please contact Desiree at (919) 698-6055.

Well, I forgot to include the whereabouts that the dog was found. He was found in the vicinity of Van Thomas and Pete Thomas rd. When I let my sister know that I had posted the notice, she told me that they originally went to drop the dog off at the pound because she already has 4 dogs. However, when they arrived, they were told that the facility only had one stall left and that the next dog that came in would mean that the dog that has been there the longest would be put to sleep. My niece was heart broken and asked her Mom if she could try to fine the owner which is why I posted the notice for her. As I said, my sister has 4 dogs but she allowed my niece to keep the dog for a week to see if the owner would come to take him home. If no one comes for the dog, they would have no choice but to take it to the pound.

My sister said he's a cute dog, loves attention, will fetch a ball and bring it back. He is not neutered but was taken down and de-wormed and received a rabies shot. If someone would like to adopt the dog before he is sent off to pound, please call the number above.