Dogs Off Chains, Trolleys, Cages and Everything Else

golden...@aol.com

Apr 16, 2013, 5:09:11 PM4/16/13
to chatham...@googlegroups.com, chat...@bellsouth.net
I can proudly say that I have volunteered with Dogs Off Chains for over a year and many a tear has been shed when a dog finally gets to run free in a LARGE, SAFE fenced yard, built by Dogs Off Chains volunteers, with donations provided by our great Chatham County residents.

I would also encourage "Whatzup" to come to a Fence Build, to see this group of awesome volunteers work together...as friends and family...to make the life of a dog happier, easier and safer.

Tethers, chains, trolleys, tie outs, cables....whatever you want to call them, are still full of pitfalls.  They do NOT protect the dog from attacks from other roaming dogs, wild animals, pregnancy, strangulation, injuries and broken bones, etc.  Fencing provides a SAF"ER" environment, though of course we suggest that the best possible home for your pet is inside with the family.  Dogs are pack animals and need and want the closeness and bonding of their pack.

Did you know that DOC also provides tarps for shade if fenced areas do not have adequate shade from the hot sun??  Did you know that ALL proceeds from any and all fundraising goes directly to provide fencing, spay-neuters, vaccines, doghouses, water-food bowls, straw, tarps etc. for these dogs??

If in doubt about the motives of DOC, please do as we suggest and come to help at a Fence Build....DOC volunteers and especially the dogs will THANK YOU.

Sincerely,
Tammy Starkey
The Natural Pet Health Store and PROUD DOC Volunteer
919-837-0020