Wheels 1.1 and Railo

DustMason

Nov 10, 2010, 9:16:33 PM11/10/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
Great work on getting 1.1 released!

In fact, I was excitedly installing it now on an app i'm developing
with Railo when I realized that wheels now requires a non-stable
version of Railo. Is this right? Seems a little crazy. According to
the Railo site, the "bleeding edge" release should not be used for
production.

Is Railo 3.1.2.020 stable? Where can I download that release?

thanks!

John C. Bland II

Nov 10, 2010, 9:29:12 PM11/10/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
I'm using it in production on a few sites. It is truly the best version out there. Many on the Railo list use it on production as well.

---
John C. Bland II
http://www.johncblandii.com
http://www.johnandseason.com
http://www.twitter.com/johncblandii
---
Suggested sites:
http://www.lifthimhigh.com - "Christian Products for Those Bold Enough to Wear Them"
http://www.sportsmatchmaker.com - "What are you doing today?"

Ruslan Sivak

Nov 10, 2010, 9:31:53 PM11/10/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
I spoke to Mark Drew (one of the people behind Railo) recently and he said that Railo is pretty much ready to go and is only waiting on documentation to be released.

Russ

DustMason

Nov 10, 2010, 9:38:19 PM11/10/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
thanks guys. are you talking about 3.1.2.020 or 3.2.0.001?

where can i download the 3.1.2.020.rc patch?

i used the built-in patch function to upgrade my local dev to
3.2.0.001 and i'm getting a redirect loop in my app now with wheels
1.1 ...

On Nov 10, 6:31 pm, Ruslan Sivak <r...@vshift.com> wrote:
> I spoke to Mark Drew (one of the people behind Railo) recently and he
> said that Railo is pretty much ready to go and is only waiting on
> documentation to be released.
>
> Russ
>
> On 11/10/2010 9:29 PM, John C. Bland II wrote:
>

> > I'm using it in production on a few sites. It is truly the best
> > version out there. Many on the Railo list use it on production as well.
>
> > ---
> > John C. Bland II
> >http://www.johncblandii.com
> >http://www.johnandseason.com
> >http://www.twitter.com/johncblandii
> > ---
> > Suggested sites:
> >http://www.lifthimhigh.com- "Christian Products for Those Bold Enough
> > to Wear Them"
> >http://www.sportsmatchmaker.com- "What are you doing today?"
>
> > On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 8:16 PM, DustMason <jsit...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:jsit...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> >     Great work on getting 1.1 released!
>
> >     In fact, I was excitedly installing it now on an app i'm developing
> >     with Railo when I realized that wheels now requires a non-stable
> >     version of Railo. Is this right? Seems a little crazy. According to
> >     the Railo site, the "bleeding edge" release should not be used for
> >     production.
>
> >     Is Railo 3.1.2.020 stable? Where can I download that release?
>
> >     thanks!

Chris Peters

Nov 10, 2010, 9:43:04 PM11/10/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
I think it works with 3.2.x as well. Hopefully someone else can answer the 3.1.2.020 question because I'm not sure. (I'm still on Adobe myself.)

DustMason

Nov 10, 2010, 9:47:01 PM11/10/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
i'm fairly sure it works fine with 3.2.x, would just like to grab as
stable a release as possible for the production server.

anyone else experience a redirect loop after a wheels 1.1 upgrade?
> > >.

AJ Mercer

Nov 10, 2010, 11:01:15 PM11/10/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
Railo 3.2.0.001 rc is available on dev.getrailo.org
    /railo-context/admin/server.cfm?action=services.update

As stated above, it is production ready (release candidate), just waiting for documentation for the official release.

Per Djurner

Nov 11, 2010, 3:45:36 AM11/11/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
http://dev.getrailo.org/railo/remote/download/3.2.0.001/3.2.0.001.rc
Just place that in the "patches" folder of the Railo install, restart,
and you're done.

While it's not officially a stable release it's a lot more stable than
3.1 when used with Wheels.
We've found quite a few bugs in Railo over the past year since we
released Wheels 1.0 and the Railo team has worked with us to get them
all fixed.

/ Per

Per Djurner

Nov 11, 2010, 4:08:47 AM11/11/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
Did you get the redirect loop issue fixed?

DustMason

Nov 11, 2010, 2:06:50 PM11/11/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
thanks guys, got the patch installed and the redirect issue fixed.
it was my fault - i had misunderstood the (intended) scoping of route
variables and was accessing them throughout my application in the
variables scope. this was causing my security checks to go bonkers
hence the redirect loop. i think you should include a quick mention of
this change in the doc re: upgrading to 1.1. i know that the docs
never instructed accessing the route variables that way, but it used
to work and might save someone a little time tracking down a bug.

wfisk

Nov 11, 2010, 2:53:12 PM11/11/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
Per,

Thanks for that bit of information. I just went to the "update" page
on the Railo Server Administration, and changed the URL address
from www.getrailo.org to dev.getrailo.org; and lo and behold
I could update to Railo 3.2. I hadn't seen that written anywhere
and so I was waiting for the official release.

William

On Nov 11, 9:45 am, Per Djurner <per.djur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://dev.getrailo.org/railo/remote/download/3.2.0.001/3.2.0.001.rc
> Just place that in the "patches" folder of the Railo install, restart,
> and you're done.
>
> While it's not officially a stable release it's a lot more stable than
> 3.1 when used with Wheels.
> We've found quite a few bugs in Railo over the past year since we
> released Wheels 1.0 and the Railo team has worked with us to get them
> all fixed.
>
> / Per
>

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 5:01 AM, AJ Mercer <ajmer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Railo 3.2.0.001 rc is available on dev.getrailo.org
> >     /railo-context/admin/server.cfm?action=services.update
> > As stated above, it is production ready (release candidate), just waiting
> > for documentation for the official release.

Per Djurner

Nov 11, 2010, 3:05:11 PM11/11/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
No problem.
If you want to find these links in the future you can get them from
this page (near the bottom):
http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/download/

AJ Mercer

Nov 11, 2010, 5:08:39 PM11/11/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
also, if you are a little more cautious, you can get Release Candidates from preview.getrailo.org

Or once you are on Railo 3.2 you can just click radio buttons :-)

wfisk

Nov 12, 2010, 3:24:47 AM11/12/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
Yes I saw the radio buttons on Railo 3.2 - very nice.

On Nov 11, 11:08 pm, AJ Mercer <ajmer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> also, if you are a little more cautious, you can get Release Candidates from
> preview.getrailo.org
>
> Or once you are on Railo 3.2 you can just click radio buttons :-)
>
> On 12 November 2010 04:05, Per Djurner <per.djur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > No problem.
> > If you want to find these links in the future you can get them from
> > this page (near the bottom):
> >http://www.getrailo.org/index.cfm/download/
>
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 8:53 PM, wfisk <william.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Per,
>
> > > Thanks for that bit of information.  I just went to the "update" page
> > > on the Railo Server Administration, and changed the URL address
> > > fromwww.getrailo.orgto dev.getrailo.org; and lo and behold
> > <cfwheels%2Bunsubscr...@googlegroups.c

> > <cfwheels%2Bunsubscr...@googlegroups.c

> > <cfwheels%2Bunsubscr...@googlegroups.c

> > />

> > > --
> >http://groups.google.com/group/cfwheels?hl=en.
>
> > --
>
> --
>
> *AJ Mercer*
> <webonix:net strength="Industrial" /> <http://webonix.net> | <webonix:org
> community="Open" /> <http://webonix.org>http://twitter.com/webonix

Peter Amiri

Nov 15, 2010, 2:14:51 PM11/15/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
I had a discussion with Gert last week and he implied that 3.2 would go golden this week.

--
Peter Amiri
Founder | Alurium Hosting