Developer Role at APN

Warrick Hing

Jul 11, 2011, 7:56:21 PM7/11/11
to cfjobs-ne...@googlegroups.com
Coldfusion Developer

We have an outstanding opportunity to join APN Online (New Zealand) Limited, a division of APN News & Media - one of the largest multi media companies in Australasia. The company operates a broad portfolio of businesses including newspapers, radio stations, printing companies, outdoor advertising and of course digital media.

Reporting to the Head of Web Development, we seek an experienced Web Developer to design, develop, test, implement and maintain robust, high-performance websites and associated database applications. This key role will be varied and challenging, and will suit a Web Developer who thrives on diversity and technical innovation.

Applicants will have a high proficiency in web application software development, will have worked with at least one commercial website of significance, and in a professional software development team. You will be structured, take an object-orient approach and have sound knowledge of software development best practices. Technical skills include a strong proficiency in ColdFusion version 7 or above (preferred), however strong proficiency in PHP5 (i.e. object-oriented PHP) is a possible substitute. Also moderate proficiency in HTML, JavaScript, jQuery and CSS; and proficiency in the LAMP development environment.

To be ensure success in this role you ultimately have to be passionate about Web Development, possess excellent teamwork and communication skills, put customers first, have a can-do attitude and most importantly have a willingness to learn with an ability to extend skills across new software technologies and products.

APN Online's culture is agile, collaborate and innovative and we also know how to have a good time whilst working smartly to ensure an effective work/life balance. In return for your skills, we offer a competitive remuneration package along with a highly collaborative professional development programme and solid career progression opportunities.

To send your C.V or for further information email jo...@apn.co.nz

NOTICE
This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and subject to copyright. They may contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender. You should not read, copy, use, change, alter or disclose this email or its attachments without authorisation. The company and any related or associated companies do not accept any liability in connection with this email and any attachments including in connection with computer viruses, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. Any views expressed in this email and any attachments do not necessarily reflect the views of the company or the views of any of our related or associated companies.