line numbers

Chad

Aug 28, 2007, 10:47:14 AM8/28/07
to CFEclipse Users
I cannot get line numbers to show up.

I dont know if this is an eclipse problem of CFEclipse problem.

I right button click on the area where line numbers should be and in
the pop up menu i click "show line numbers", but no line numbers show
up and if i look at the pop up menu again the option is not checked.

I go to preferences > general > editors > text editor and the check
box for show line numbers is checked.

I turn it on / off it does not respond.

Anyideas on how to fix this?

Christine Davis

Aug 28, 2007, 10:48:59 AM8/28/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a file open when you are doing all this?

Thanks!
Christine Davis
ColdFusion Lead
Nations Technical Services
Prairie Village, KS
913-748-8044 ext 4703
chd...@nationsholding.com

Sonny Savage

Aug 28, 2007, 10:50:31 AM8/28/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Preferences > CFEclipse > Editor > "Show line numbers"

Christine Davis

Aug 28, 2007, 10:50:30 AM8/28/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
And does it have lines?

Charlie Griefer

Aug 28, 2007, 10:51:32 AM8/28/07

On 8/28/07, Chad <rcha...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Charlie Griefer

"...All the world shall be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies,
and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch
you, digger, listener, runner, prince with a swift warning.
Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."

Dan Wilson

Aug 28, 2007, 10:53:54 AM8/28/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
This was answered on the CFEclipse Wiki, which is an outstanding resource.

http://trac.cfeclipse.org/cfeclipse/wiki/LineNumbers

There are actually 2 spots to enable line numbers, one in the eclipse text editor and one in the CFeclipse Text editor configuration.

Make sure you enable both.
--
"Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew."

Guillaume Apollinaire quotes

Christine Davis

Aug 28, 2007, 10:53:48 AM8/28/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
He did that... he's tried both ways... It works in my version of
eclipse... maybe Chad is running a different version? If you have a
file and it has line numbers and you are still not seeing them... I'd
reinstall... the functionality works for me... and I hadn't heard of
anyone having this kind of problem before...

Thanks!
Christine Davis
ColdFusion Lead
Nations Technical Services
Prairie Village, KS
913-748-8044 ext 4703
chd...@nationsholding.com

Chad

Aug 28, 2007, 10:55:37 AM8/28/07
to CFEclipse Users
yes i have a file open under the cfeclipse perspective....

ah! i closed all files then used Preferences > CFEclipse > Editor >
"Show line numbers"
to turn line numbers on and i have line numbers now.

The open file was part of the problem though.

Thanks for the fast responses!

On Aug 28, 10:48 am, "Christine Davis" <chda...@nationsholding.com>
wrote:

> Do you have a file open when you are doing all this?
>
> Thanks!
> Christine Davis
> ColdFusion Lead
> Nations Technical Services
> Prairie Village, KS
> 913-748-8044 ext 4703

> chda...@nationsholding.com

Charlie Griefer

Aug 28, 2007, 10:57:38 AM8/28/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
he didn't say he's tried both. he said he checked the option under
general > editors, but not under cfeclipse > editor.

Chad

Aug 28, 2007, 11:03:43 AM8/28/07
to CFEclipse Users
I tried right click on the line number area and only tried general
>editors. I was not aware there was a line number option under the
cfeclipse preferences.

Why doesnt the right button click to turn them on or off work?

That is what got me all confused.

Also if i click on "show quick diff" that check mark does not turn
off. If i use

Christine Davis

Aug 28, 2007, 12:26:39 PM8/28/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
My bad

Andrew Scott

Aug 28, 2007, 9:16:56 PM8/28/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Yes unlike the java perspective it doesn't refresh the window and closing
and opening the file will work.

Andrew Scott
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.
www.aegeon.com.au
Phone: +613 8676 4223
Mobile: 0404 998 273

thisismynickname

Sep 4, 2007, 7:11:13 PM9/4/07
to CFEclipse Users
Hi, I have the same problem as Chad. Can't get line numbers to work.
Even tried reinstallation of cfeclipse.
I use eclipse 3.2.2 and cfeclipse 1.3.1.5 on windows xp.

I tried the checkboxes at:
preferences > general > editors > text editor > "Show line numbers"

Preferences > CFEclipse > Editor > "Show line numbers"

Futhermore I noticed the 'gutter' area of the text-editor pane in CFM
editing mode is gone (or never there). Is it possible to get the
gutter back?

Thanks.

ruben

RobG

Sep 4, 2007, 7:32:00 PM9/4/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

Are you using the Adobe RDS plug-in? The only time I had trouble with
line numbers not working was with it. However, now in Eclipse 3.3 and
CFEclipse 1.3.1.5 and the latest RDS plug-in for CF8, all is good.

Rob

admin @ Kill The Heart

Sep 5, 2007, 10:04:27 AM9/5/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
This was tricky for me for a while too.

Go to Window > General > Editors > Text Editors (make sure show line numbers
is checked)

Also

Go to Window > CFEclipse > Editor (make sure show line numbers is checked)

;)

Sep 5, 2007, 10:28:03 AM9/5/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
And know that checking those does not change it for open documents.
Open a new file and line numbers should be there. Close and reopen any
open files to see them.

Matt

thisismynickname

Sep 6, 2007, 11:39:24 AM9/6/07
to CFEclipse Users
Thank you for replying Rob.

No, I'm not using the RDS plug-in. I do use Aptana for FTP purposes;
maybe that is causing the problem....

I know I used to have line numbers. If I remember correctly I could
turn it on by right mouse clicking in a cfm editor pane and selecting
it from the context menu. That option has vanished also.

markireland

Oct 7, 2007, 10:55:17 PM10/7/07
to CFEclipse Users
All these preference changes seem to stop the option of turning line
numbers off (and back on)

I mean, if I right click in the margin I am unable to uncheck the Show
Line Numbers option.

On Sep 7, 1:39 am, thisismynickname <r.wa...@amtex.nl> wrote:
> Thank you for replying Rob.
>
> No, I'm not using the RDS plug-in. I do use Aptana for FTP purposes;
> maybe that is causing the problem....
>

> I know I used to havelinenumbers. If I remember correctly I could

> turn it on by right mouse clicking in a cfm editor pane and selecting
> it from the context menu. That option has vanished also.
>
> On 5 sep, 01:32, RobG <sled...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > thisismynickname wrote:

> > > Hi, I have the same problem as Chad. Can't getlinenumbersto work.

> > > Even tried reinstallation of cfeclipse.
> > > I use eclipse 3.2.2 and cfeclipse 1.3.1.5 on windows xp.
>
> > > I tried the checkboxes at:
> > > preferences > general > editors > text editor > "Showlinenumbers"
> > > Preferences > CFEclipse > Editor > "Showlinenumbers"
>
> > > Futhermore I noticed the 'gutter' area of the text-editor pane in CFM
> > > editing mode is gone (or never there). Is it possible to get the
> > > gutter back?
>
> > Are you using the Adobe RDS plug-in? The only time I had trouble with

> >linenumbersnot working was with it. However, now in Eclipse 3.3 and

Casey Dougall

Oct 8, 2007, 7:39:11 AM10/8/07
On 10/7/07, markireland <markdi...@gmail.com> wrote:

All these preference changes seem to stop the option of turning line
numbers off (and back on)

I mean, if I right click in the margin I am unable to uncheck the Show
Line Numbers option.

You have gone back and verified the following?

Ruslan Sivak

Oct 8, 2007, 2:31:32 PM10/8/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
I don't think anyone's replied to the real question here.  By now, we all understand that you can turn on and off.  The problem that people are reporting is that it doesn't work when you right click the gutter of the document.  There is an option in the gutter that says "Show Line Numbers", but the only way to change that option is to go under preferences.  People want a quick way to turn line numbers on and off on a per document basis, which is how it worked in previous version of (CF)Eclipse.

I'm not sure why this bug continues to be ignored or misunderstood.  Is it because most of the developers are on Macs and don't have the same key mappings?  I though by now Macs have gotten a right click button that functions similarly to the Windows boxes?

Russ

Peter Boughton

Oct 9, 2007, 5:30:45 AM10/9/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
>> People want a quick way to turn line numbers on and off on a per document basis <<

Why?

(Not saying it's wrong to want that, but I can't see any benefit - I'd have thought you either want line numbering or you don't...)

--
\ \
Peter Boughton

rmaxim

Nov 27, 2007, 12:23:50 PM11/27/07
to CFEclipse Users
If it helps anyone, I did a fresh install of Eclipse 3.3, FlexBuilder
3 beta 2 (plugin) and CFEclipse (latest - 1.3.6?) this morning and
had no line numbers. I right-clicked on the left margin to turn on
line numbers, nothing happened. I checked the general Preferences and
it was enabled. Then I read this thread and learned that CFEclipse has
its own line number setting, so I turned that on and got an error (it
said to check the error logs for details, I don't have the plugin
developer perspective though). I tried restarting Eclipse, and then it
worked.

-Rachel

Mark Drew

Nov 27, 2007, 12:35:55 PM11/27/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
I have seen this error too, and I need to figure out how to use the
line numbers from the base editor and remove it from CFEclipse itself
as I find that a bit annoying (dont you???)

Methinks linenumbers should be global

MD

--
Mark Drew