Toolbar buttons

Jacob Munson

Apr 25, 2007, 5:46:01 PM4/25/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
This might be more of an Eclipse question than a CFEclipse question...

Recently something changed in my Eclipse config, maybe after I updated a plugin or something, and I've now got two rows of toolbar buttons at the top.  I am not talking about the homesite toolbar clone, these are the standard Eclipse toolbars.  I know how to move toolbars around, and in the past I was always able to get things down to one row.  But I can't seem to get that anymore.  So, is there a way to remove toolbars and/or toolbar buttons?  There are a lot of toolbars and buttons up there that I never use.

--
My Sites:
http://www.techfeed.net/blog/

David Herman

Apr 25, 2007, 5:48:34 PM4/25/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried right clicking on the tool bar to see if it's locked?

Jacob Munson

Apr 25, 2007, 8:48:41 PM4/25/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is not locked.  I can move them around, I just can't remove any toolbars nor buttons.

Daniel Lancelot

May 11, 2007, 7:02:24 PM5/11/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jacob - maybe you fixed this by now - but here goes anyway...

Have you switched perspectives within Eclipse?  - Which toolbar buttons and menu items are shown is associated with the Perspective - so check if CFEclispe is still the selected perspective (selected tab within group at right hand side of the top toolbar)

It is possible to control which buttons are shown within the current perspective by selecting Window > Customize Perspective, and selecting the Commands tab.

Each command group has Menubar and / or Toolbar items associated with it.

Toolbar commands can be enabled and disabled individually, or you can switch them on and off by command group.

HTH,

Dan.

Jacob Munson

May 11, 2007, 7:07:00 PM5/11/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Daniel.  I have switched perspectives, and I know CFE is the correct one.

I'll try to customize the perspective when I get back to work Monday.  I did look in there, but I guess I couldn't figure it out.  Some parts of Eclipse are not very user friendly...  :)

Daniel Lancelot

May 12, 2007, 5:59:35 AM5/12/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
No... Really???

Some parts of Eclipse are not user friendly??? ;)

I think once you get it working how you want - its pretty amazing... Getting it configured how you want it can be a pain to start with though.

At least its really easy to port your workspace to another machine - much easier than DW etc. - so (providing you back it up) you should only have to go through the full process once.

There are still (Eclipse) features / config settings that I'm discovering even now after using CFEclipse for nearly 3 years...

Cheers,

Dan.

Jacob Munson

May 12, 2007, 12:15:21 PM5/12/07
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
There are still (Eclipse) features / config settings that I'm discovering even now after using CFEclipse for nearly 3 years...

Yeah, same here.  I've been using it about that long too.  The main reason I started using it was because I was doing a lot of Perl work back then, and I hated having two different editors for programming, so I jumped into Eclipse.  Things have gotten better and better as time has gone on.  :)