CFUG Melbourne March 2010

Peter Robertson

Mar 6, 2010, 1:26:55 AM3/6/10
to cfaussie
We're back!

All CFers in the area are invited to join us for our first CFUG for
2010.
FLEXers are also very welcome; many CFers are either already working
with FLEX or in the process of picking it up, so we're keen to explore
the common territory.

This month our guest presenter will be Robin Hilliard.

Robin is Chief Technology Officer and founder of Rocket Boots.
He is an experienced software architect, with a particular focus on
Adobe's Flash platform. Formerly with Adobe precursors Allaire and
Macromedia, Robin is a regular conference speaker, an Adobe Ambassador
and Master ColdFusion/Flex Instructor. He has a BSc in Computer
Science and Pure Mathematics from Sydney University.

I'll post details about Robin's presentation as the time draws nearer.

Date: 18 March 2010
Time: 6:30 PM
Location:
CogState Limited
Level 7 / 21 Victoria St
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
[NOTE: Victoria Street, not Parade!]
Link: <http://maps.google.com.au/maps?
f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=21+Victoria+St,
+melbourne&sll=-37.814251,144.963169&sspn=0.114457,0.264187&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=21+Victoria
+St,+Melbourne+Victoria+3000&z=17>
(Many thanks again to Dale Fraser and CogState for their
hospitality)

Parking is fairly easy, with a commercial park next door and free
spots fairly easy to find nearby, (try Rathdowne Street).
When you arrive, a notice on the door will list a number to ring, and
someone will come down and let you in.

RSVP: Please reply to this post if you are planning to attend so we
know how many pizzas to order.

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards

Peter Robertson

Dale Fraser

Mar 7, 2010, 5:38:47 PM3/7/10
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
What topic will Robin be covering?

Regards
Dale Fraser

http://dale.fraser.id.au
http://cfmldocs.com
http://learncf.com
http://flexcf.com

We're back!

Regards

Peter Robertson

Peter Robertson

Mar 7, 2010, 7:12:19 PM3/7/10
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Waiting for Robin to send us an overview.

Peter

Peter Robertson

Mar 8, 2010, 6:53:01 PM3/8/10
to cfaussie
Update: Agenda for this month's Melbourne CFUG:

RSOAD (Rapid Service-Oriented Architecture Development) with
ColdFusion by Robin Hilliard.

Replacing one big ColdFusion application with several simpler,
collaborating and potentially distributed ColdFusion applications (aka
services) is one way to tackle complexity in large projects, as long
as the inter-service plumbing doesn't get in the way.

Join Robin Hilliard in his continuing quest to add elegance and strip
complexity from ColdFusion development as he demonstrates how to
design SOAs and build services by extending RocketBoots' new
Service.cfc component, which is rather like Application.cfc, but
different in interesting and useful ways. Service.cfc will be
available in time for Robin's presentation.

Dawesi

Mar 17, 2010, 1:16:09 AM3/17/10
to cfaussie
Hi Peter,

I'm happily between contracts right now, so what the hey... I'll come
along.

Cheers,
Chris Dawes

Gavin Baumanis

Mar 17, 2010, 2:19:17 AM3/17/10
to cfaussie
Hey Chris - Don't sound too enthusiastic about turning up!!!

Peter I will be attending too - I "may" have an extra too.

Gavin.

sien

Mar 17, 2010, 9:49:16 PM3/17/10
to cfaussie
Hi,

I was planning on attending, I work with Dale. One other guy from
cogstate as well as me, Paul and Dale at least will be there as well.

thanks
Pete