It's finally there : CCNet 1.8.0 !
There were some last minute issues that popped up, but these have been
you can grab a copy at :
* source forge : https://sourceforge.net/projects/ccnet/
* dna's build server :
We're also planning to support multiple versions, with Git this should be a
What we mean :
° now 1.8.0 is released and development on 1.9.0 is starting
° when there are a few things fixed in the 1.9 branch, that are handy, we
will back-port these to the 1.8 branch
--> CCNET 1.8.1 can be released (no breaking changes of course)
Breaking changes are(should be) for 1.9 only
Below are the release notes :
*CCNet Version 1.8.0 release notes*
It's been a while, but we're back. The switch to the new infrastructure
took some more time than anticipated, but it paid off.
Also choosing for Git as source control seems to be good choice, there are
already some new contributors active, and it's a lot
easier to incorporate their work. A lot of the new features and bug fixes
come from the contributors, so many thanks goes to them!
Also we start with a new numbering scheme for CCNet :
The odd versions are dev builds, like 1.7. The even numbers (like 1.8) are
*Backwards compatibility issues*
There were a few items that broke when upgrading to 1.5 or 1.6, sorry for
Here's a list of those that are known to be fixed
- Nant : newline in <buildArgs> causes "Target ' ' does not exist in
- Git : Merge Commits in GIT are being ignored by CCnet, causing "No
- CCTray : Prevent Interval Trigger from modifying cctray detail column..
- CCTray : app balloon shows always report builds even if it is set only
to show warnings or errors.
- BuildPublisher : KeepLastXBuilds broken in 1.7
- Package publisher has the options *flatten* and *baseFolder* again,
but these are moved to packageFile , packageFolder sub-elements
*What's different, needs some attention*
- Configuration_Preprocessor, it's best that you start every included
file with :
<cb:config-template xmlns:cb="urn:ccnet.config.builder" xmlns="
look at the bottom of the Configuration_Preprocessor page for the
and Skolima also made a nice post about it
- if you used GIT, the first build with CCNet 1.7 will list ALL changes
done. This is due to the fix of the Git repository.
Maybe it's best to delete the first build artifact, and clean up the
history.xml file for each project with Git.
Or take a backup of the history.xml files, upgrade to CCNet 1.7, and
place the backup's back.
*Main new features*
- xml highlighter for the BuildLog and ProjectConfiguration
- Plastic SCM 4.0 plugin
- Updating the dashboard activity status automatically (refreshinterval
needs to be set in dashboard.config)
- add xsl for ms-test and mstest coverage for vs2010
- new modification filter : Multi filter
- show description of the project in dashboard and CCtray
- new xslt Task : allows to do XSL transformation during the build
- Dashboard admin page has a better look, with tooltips and the packages
divided in sections
- added packages for existing xsl files, making it easier to use them.
- added packages for existing plugins, making it easier to use them.
- Folder wildcards like \**\ for the File_Merge_Task
And lots of bug fixes.
You can read the full release notes here :
with kind regards
on behalve of the CCNet team