ATTACH WORD / PDF / IMAGES

percibal

Mar 27, 2007, 4:12:38 PM3/27/07
to Catalis
Hi,

does anyone know if CATALIS supports attached files to MARC 21
entries, I need to attach files like PDF, WORD, or images or maybe
CATALIS code can be changed.

Felipe

Fernando Gómez

Mar 27, 2007, 5:24:07 PM3/27/07
to cat...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

If by "attach" you mean some mechanism that allows upload of files to
the server from Catalis' interface itself, and automatic generation of
links (i.e. fields 856) in the MARC record, then the answer is no. I'm
considering to include that feature into the next version of Catalis,
but currently you have to do the work "manually": upload files from
outside of Catalis, and add a 856 field for each link. To make this
last step easier, you may add field 856 to record templates (see file
templates.js).

If you have extra questions, please write again.

Regards,

--
Fernando