NHibernate 3.0 w/ ActiveRecord

Jason Sznol

Aug 9, 2010, 11:45:33 AM8/9/10
to Castle Project Users
Does anyone know how to build ActiveRecord against NHibernate 3.0 or
if there is a release planned?

Michael Maddox

Aug 9, 2010, 12:29:33 PM8/9/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I was able to stub out some methods somewhere many months ago and got
ActiveRecord to compile and run successfully against NH 3.0/trunk, but
I haven't done it in a while and it's possibly more difficult now. I
did it mostly as a proof of concept and probably wouldn't be able to
find that code now. :)

I'm also curious what the plans are to update ActiveRecord to run
against NH 3.0.

-Michael Maddox
http://www.capprime.com/software_development_weblog/

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Jason Sznol <jason...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to build ActiveRecord against NHibernate 3.0 or
> if there is a release planned?

Markus Zywitza

Aug 10, 2010, 10:00:26 AM8/10/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Well, none version is planned before NH3.0 is at least beta or RC. The
problem is that we have two additional dependencies on NH in AR: NH
Linq and NH Search. NH Linq can be omitted if we change AR Linq to use
the new LINQ provider in NH3.0 (we should merge AR Linq into AR then
since NH3.0 won't support NET-2.0 anymore). NH Search is more of a
problem. I made some changes to make it compile with NH3.0 but I had
strange test failures with it, so I stopped my efforts early.

If you make AR compile and work with NH3.0 and NH Search I will
happily use that. :-) If not, you will have to wait until NH3.0 is
stable.

-Markus

Michael Maddox

Aug 10, 2010, 1:05:02 PM8/10/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I believe I read somewhere recently that Ayende is working on porting
NH Search to NH 3.

I haven't used NH Search with Castle ActiveRecord yet so that wasn't a
dependency that I worked through.

Thanks for sharing your outlook Markus.