Build Problems + Medium Trust Issues

Mark

Feb 15, 2010, 6:44:47 PM2/15/10
to Castle Project Users
I'm having some trouble building from the trunk and would really
appreciate some help. My goal is to get ActiveRecord working in a
Medium Trust environment but seem to be having a whole slew of
problems. I'd also like to help out if possible with improving the
build docs and would appreciate some guidance in getting builds
working so that I can contribute back to the project.

Here's what I've done so far to just get a build working (at the
moment, ignore that I'm chasing the medium trust issue, I just wanted
to get a build working first)

1. Pulled down trunk from https://svn.castleproject.org/svn/castle/trunk/

2. executed "build" with no arguments
- build failed on Castle.Services.Transaction.build with the
error "The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the
namespace 'Castle'

3. took a look in the default.build in the root of trunk because it
doesn't appear to be building Castle.Core. The line <include
name="Core/core.build" /> references a non-existent build file

4. Created Core/core.build with <include name="Castle.Core/
Castle.Core.build" />

5. ran "build" again
- build failed on Castle.Components.Validator with the error
"Warning as Error:
'Castle.Components.Validator.ValidateCreditCardAttribute' does not
need a CLSCompliantAttribute because the assembly does not have a
CLSCompliant attribute"

6. set build.warnaserrors to false in the common.xml in the root of
the trunk. On a side note, adding [assembly: CLSCompliant(true)]
within any of the classes within Castle.Components.Validator will also
fix this issue but seems hacky... my goal is just to get a build
succeeding at this moment

7. received more build failures so I commented out Synchronize/
Synchronize.build and wcf/default.build in the facilities.build file
since they don't appear to be used by the components needed for
ActiveRecord

8. finally the build succeeded and everything appears to work in my
current project in Full trust.

It appears that there is at least one build file missing from source
control and there are some other issues in Facilities but I am trying
to build off the trunk so those can be expected.

As far as the Medium Trust issue that I'm experiencing, now that I've
been able to successfully build the assemblies, I need to get medium
trust working...

1. executed: build -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-callers=true
- build failed on Castle.Windsor.Tests.dll InversionOfControl
\Castle.Windsor.Tests
\Configuration2\ConfigurationForwardedTypesTestCase.cs The type or
namespace name 'Tests' does not exist in the namespace
Castle.Microkernel

2. decided to build without running tests, not ideal but just trying
to get things compiling... build -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-
callers=true -D:common.testrunner.enabled=false

3. the build succeeded, I referenced the appropriate assemblies and am
now getting an error when I call ActiveRecordStarter.Initialize
- [SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially
trusted callers.]

Castle.ActiveRecord.Framework.Internal.ActiveRecordModelBuilder..cctor()
+0

At this point, I'm at a complete loss as to where to go from here.
All of my assemblies have been marked with [assembly:
AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers()], I've verified that the generated
AssemblyInfo.cs files in Castle.ActiveRecord, Castle.Core,
Castle.DynamicProxy2, and Castle.Components.Validator have been marked
for APTC.

Please let me know what additional information you need from me to
help with solving this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Mark

PS. I'll be happy to do what I can to contribute back to the
community, especially with regards to the documentation and medium
trust related issues. I'm sure that I'm not the only person with
running in medium trust as a goal

John Simons

Feb 15, 2010, 6:59:51 PM2/15/10
to Castle Project Users
Mark,

One of the reasons you are having so many issues is because you are
getting the source from the wrong location, have a look here:
http://www.castleproject.org/subversion.html

Cheers
John

On Feb 16, 10:44 am, Mark <m...@dotpitchstudios.com> wrote:
> I'm having some trouble building from the trunk and would really
> appreciate some help.  My goal is to get ActiveRecord working in a
> Medium Trust environment but seem to be having a whole slew of
> problems.  I'd also like to help out if possible with improving the
> build docs and would appreciate some guidance in getting builds
> working so that I can contribute back to the project.
>
> Here's what I've done so far to just get a build working (at the
> moment, ignore that I'm chasing the medium trust issue, I just wanted
> to get a build working first)
>

> 1. Pulled down trunk fromhttps://svn.castleproject.org/svn/castle/trunk/

Mark

Feb 15, 2010, 7:21:55 PM2/15/10
to Castle Project Users
Hey John,
Thanks for the quick response.

The svn url I got was from the home page of this Google Groups
( http://groups.google.com/group/castle-project-users ) so someone may
want to update that.

I'll give the other locations a shot and see if I can get past the
current issues.

Mark

Mark

Feb 15, 2010, 8:45:46 PM2/15/10
to Castle Project Users
I've gone through and built Castle.Core, Castle.ActiveRecord, and
Castle.DynamicProxy with

nant -t:net-3.5 -D:common.testrunner.enabled=false -D:assembly.allow-
partially-trusted-callers=true

I referenced the compiled assemblies from within my project but I'm
still receiving the same medium trust error:

[SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted
callers.]

Castle.ActiveRecord.Framework.Internal.ActiveRecordModelBuilder..cctor()
+0

I've stepped through the debugger trying to find exactly where the
security exception is thrown...

ActiveRecordStarter.cs - first line in the function
private static ActiveRecordModelCollection
BuildModels(ISessionFactoryHolder holder, IConfigurationSource source,
IEnumerable<Type> types, bool ignoreProblematicTypes)
{
ActiveRecordModelBuilder builder = new
ActiveRecordModelBuilder(); //this line is where the exception is
thrown
/* snip */
}

Am I doing something wrong in my build process still or is this some
other issue?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

On Feb 15, 5:21 pm, Mark <m...@dotpitchstudios.com> wrote:
> Hey John,
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> The svn url I got was from the home page of this Google Groups

> (http://groups.google.com/group/castle-project-users) so someone may

hammett

Feb 15, 2010, 9:56:29 PM2/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Could you check whether the APTCA is being applied to the
castle.activerecord.dll?

--
Cheers,
hammett

Mark

Feb 15, 2010, 11:51:32 PM2/15/10
to Castle Project Users
What's the best way to check whether APTCA is being applied?

So far I've been testing for it through trial and error as I'm not
aware of a better way...

If I use a build without the -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-
callers=true argument when I try to use active record in medium trust
I get a SecurityException at:

IConfigurationSource source = ActiveRecordSectionHandler.Instance;

With the allow-partially-trusted-callers=true it makes it to the line
in ActiveRecordStarter.cs that I referenced in my earlier post.

I've tried adding [assembly: AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute] to
the ActiveRecordModelBuilder.cs file but when I try to compile it, I
receive the compile error:

CS0579: Duplicate 'AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute'

Thanks in advance,
Mark

On Feb 15, 7:56 pm, hammett <hamm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you check whether the APTCA is being applied to the
> castle.activerecord.dll?

hammett

Feb 16, 2010, 12:43:50 AM2/16/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Could you post the whole stack trace then? My suspicion is that
NHIbernate doesnt have aptca nor is security transparent.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Mark <ma...@dotpitchstudios.com> wrote:
> What's the best way to check whether APTCA is being applied?
>
> So far I've been testing for it through trial and error as I'm not
> aware of a better way...
>
> If I use a build without the -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-
> callers=true argument when I try to use active record in medium trust
> I get a SecurityException at:
>
> IConfigurationSource source = ActiveRecordSectionHandler.Instance;
>
> With the allow-partially-trusted-callers=true it makes it to the line
> in ActiveRecordStarter.cs that I referenced in my earlier post.
>
> I've tried adding [assembly: AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute] to
> the ActiveRecordModelBuilder.cs file but when I try to compile it, I
> receive the compile error:
>
> CS0579: Duplicate 'AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute'

--
Cheers,
hammett
http://hammett.castleproject.org/

BSP

Feb 16, 2010, 1:02:42 AM2/16/10
to Castle Project Users
Guys, I'm trying to learn MS MVC. I bought Steve Sanderson's book Pro
MVC which praises Castle throughout most of the book. It is all slick
and works well on my local machine. I've really enjoyed learning the
basics of IoC. Problem: As soon as I try to deploy to a medium trust
environment, no go.

I've spent the last two days trying to figure out a way to get this
going. I've read countless posts, googled till I can google no more,
and all signs point to a full rebuild of the Castle project. Now,
frankly, that's more than I bargained for with the purchase of the
book, but I like the technology and I'm a developer ... I know how to
use SVN ... what the hey right? The link I originally found on this
group here (http://tinyurl.com/yhj5yga) posted by 'Roelof' pointed me
to an SVN location. I grabbed the code, ran the build command and it
all blowed up on the same error the above poster is having. So now I'm
really getting frustrated. I really don't have the time to debug the
reasons I can't grab a large base of code off the net and get it to
build on my crappy home Vista box. I'm sure the reasons are many and
varied. Mark, from above, has made it farther than I could in a week.

So, my question is this. Would it be at all possible to get someone
involved in this project to create a medium trust build and post it to
the project site? It seems to be a fairly common request.

You'd be hooking all of us medium-trust-crappy-host-service-provider-
having-slugs up and we'd really owe you one.

Best Regards,

hammett

Feb 16, 2010, 1:18:22 AM2/16/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I hear you, but it's not a simple solution. It wont matter if us aptca
all our code, our dependencies (and their dependencies) also need to
do it. Security is pervasive thing and so far OSS projects dont seem
to be paying much attention to it. aptca has a big security
implication, that's why I think the castle team doesnt provide a
ready-to-use build with it.

The simplest solution is security transparency, but even that is
complicated in .net 3.5. In v4.0 things got simplified and I'm hoping
castle team will make an effort to adopt it and persuade others to do
the same, as to lower the amount of hassle it creates for our users.

BSP

Feb 16, 2010, 1:43:22 AM2/16/10
to Castle Project Users
Thanks for the reply Hammett.

Thing is, it's just frustrating to get jazzed about something, then
not be able to put it into play. I'm fairly stoked about MVC and I can
do it without IoC, but I'd really rather not. I'm sure the
implications of running medium vs. full trust are significant, but as
far as I can tell from my blog browsing the last few days after work,
there seem to be a large number of providers running under medium
trust. I'm personally using godaddy (for now ... but probably not for
long) and it seems there are many others. At least now I know one more
thing to ask about when I'm shopping other hosts.

As for my current situation, it seems it would be better for someone
familiar with the project to run a stable build with the partial trust
setting rather than having someone completely unfamiliar with the code
base trying to fire one off. I know the idea behind OS it to get
people involved, but I just pulled down around 150 MB of code and dlls
that I've never seen before and ran a build process that I obviously
don't know how to diagnose problems with. It seems too that with the
amount of dialog I've read on it, there are going to be people (like
me) that don't know what they are doing flubbing the build in growing
numbers. And the MS MVC dlls that I had to bin deploy seem fine ... so
I assume they are ok with medium trust.

And, I'm not trying to bag on the contributors. Castle seems pretty
top notch and introduces a cool new way to do things. But, a partial
trust build would sure hit the spot. :)

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this chain and hopefully have some free
time this week to try and get a good build going with the appropriate
flags. It's just a really time consuming process ...

Cheers,

> hammetthttp://hammett.castleproject.org/- Hide quoted text -

Roelof Blom

Feb 16, 2010, 3:31:44 AM2/16/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
One way is to open the assembly with Reflector and, with the assembly selected in the left-hand side list, press Space (disassemble). This will show all the assembly level attributes.

-- Roelof.

Jonathon Rossi

Feb 16, 2010, 3:38:23 AM2/16/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder to vote for this idea so we get some idea of how many people really want it:
http://castle.uservoice.com/forums/16605-official-castle-project-feedback-forum/suggestions/433388-provide-binaries-with-allowpartiallytrustedcallers

Jono

Roelof Blom

Feb 16, 2010, 3:54:06 AM2/16/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

To build Windsor with APTCA you'll need to jump through the following hoops:
  1. svn co https://svn.castleproject.org/svn/castle/Core/trunk Core
  2. svn co https://svn.castleproject.org/svn/Castle/DynamicProxy/trunk DynamicProxy
  3. svn co https://svn.castleproject.org/svn/Castle/InversionOfControl/trunk InversionOfControl
  4. cd Core
  5. nant -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-callers=true -D:common.run-tests=false -D:project.config=release
  6. copy /y build\net-3.5\release\Castle.Core.* ..\DynamicProxy\lib\net-3.5
  7. copy /y build\net-3.5\release\Castle.Core.* ..\InversionOfControl\lib\net-3.5
  8. copy /y build\net-3.5\release\Castle.Services.* ..\InversionOfControl\lib\net-3.5
  9. cd ..\DynamicProxy
  10. nant -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-callers=true -D:common.run-tests=false -D:project.config=release
  11. copy /y build\net-3.5\release\Castle.DynamicProxy2.* ..\InversionOfControl\lib\net-3.5
  12. cd ..\InversionOfControl
  13. nant -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-callers=true -D:common.run-tests=false -D:project.config=release
You can find the APTCA assemblies in InversionOfControl\build\net-3.5\release.
Please let me know if this worked for you.

I am the first to agree that this is a lot work, and back before we split the trunk into individual projects, with binary instead of source dependencies, this used to be a lot easier. I don't know if hornget has a mode to build with APTCA.

-- Roelof.

Roelof Blom

Feb 16, 2010, 7:58:20 AM2/16/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've forked hornget and added support for building with APTCA. See http://github.com/roelofb/hornget/tree/dev

run 'hornget -install:castle.windsor -mode:aptca'

The following projects can be build with APTCA: Core, DP, Windsor, and AR. AR's 3rd party dependencies are also create with APTCA.

I have not tested it for real on medium trust, but all assemblies have the necessary attribute so theoretically it should work. No guarantees though.

-- Roelof.

Mark

Feb 16, 2010, 12:19:03 PM2/16/10
to Castle Project Users
Ok, I took a look at all the assemblies with reflector and was able to
track down that there is a dependency on Castle.Components.Validator
which didn't have APTCA applied (it's referenced with a using
statement inside of ActiveRecordModelBuilder.cs)

I pulled down the Validator code from SVN, compiled everything again
and was able to get things working.

Unfortunately I'm extremely busy today but tomorrow evening I'm going
to run through the process again to verify it's solid and then I'll
post back instructions.

Mark

On Feb 16, 1:31 am, Roelof Blom <roelof.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One way is to open the assembly with

> Reflector<http://www.red-gate.com/products/reflector/>and, with the

> assembly selected in the left-hand side list, press Space
> (disassemble). This will show all the assembly level attributes.
>
> -- Roelof.

BSP

Feb 16, 2010, 9:36:46 AM2/16/10
to Castle Project Users
Thanks for the reply Roelof. I'll give this a go tonight after work
and post my results here.
Regards,

On Feb 16, 2:54 am, Roelof Blom <roelof.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To build Windsor with APTCA you'll need to jump through the following hoops:
>

>    1. svn cohttps://svn.castleproject.org/svn/castle/Core/trunkCore
>    2. svn cohttps://svn.castleproject.org/svn/Castle/DynamicProxy/trunkDynamicProxy
>    3. svn co
>    https://svn.castleproject.org/svn/Castle/InversionOfControl/trunkInve...
>    4. cd Core
>    5. nant -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-callers=true
>    -D:common.run-tests=false -D:project.config=release
>    6. copy /y build\net-3.5\release\Castle.Core.*
>    ..\DynamicProxy\lib\net-3.5
>    7. copy /y build\net-3.5\release\Castle.Core.*
>    ..\InversionOfControl\lib\net-3.5
>    8. copy /y build\net-3.5\release\Castle.Services.*
>    ..\InversionOfControl\lib\net-3.5
>    9. cd ..\DynamicProxy
>    10. nant -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-callers=true
>    -D:common.run-tests=false -D:project.config=release
>    11. copy /y build\net-3.5\release\Castle.DynamicProxy2.*
>    ..\InversionOfControl\lib\net-3.5
>    12. cd ..\InversionOfControl
>    13. nant -D:assembly.allow-partially-trusted-callers=true

>    -D:common.run-tests=false -D:project.config=release
>
> You can find the APTCA assemblies in
> InversionOfControl\build\net-3.5\release.
> Please let me know if this worked for you.
>
> I am the first to agree that this is a lot work, and back before we split
> the trunk into individual projects, with binary instead of source
> dependencies, this used to be a lot easier. I don't know if hornget

> <http://code.google.com/p/hornget/>has a mode to build with APTCA.

> > castle-project-u...@googlegroups.com<castle-project-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > groups.google.com/group/castle-project-users?hl=en.
>
> > > --
> > > Cheers,
> > > hammetthttp://hammett.castleproject.org/-Hide quoted text -

> > --

> > castle-project-u...@googlegroups.com<castle-project-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

G. Richard Bellamy

Feb 16, 2010, 2:05:49 PM2/16/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I haven't been following this thread closely - should the APTCA be applied
to the Validator Component out-of-the-box?

Mark

castle-project-u...@googlegroups.com.

BSP

Feb 16, 2010, 9:38:37 AM2/16/10
to Castle Project Users
Thanks for the link Jonathon. Just voted it up.
I will probably share this link on some of the boards I used to
research this issue as well.
-B

On Feb 16, 2:38 am, Jonathon Rossi <j...@jonorossi.com> wrote:
> Just a reminder to vote for this idea so we get some idea of how many people

> really want it:http://castle.uservoice.com/forums/16605-official-castle-project-feed...
>

> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Roelof Blom <roelof.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One way is to open the assembly with Reflector<http://www.red-gate.com/products/reflector/>and, with the assembly selected in the left-hand side list, press Space

> > (disassemble). This will show all the assembly level attributes.
>
> > -- Roelof.
>

> > On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Mark <m...@dotpitchstudios.com> wrote:
>
> >> What's the best way to check whether APTCA is being applied?
>
> >>  --

> > castle-project-u...@googlegroups.com<castle-project-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

BSP

Feb 16, 2010, 11:02:07 PM2/16/10
to Castle Project Users
Gave it a shot Roelof. Got all of the SVN trunks pulled down and the
directory structure set up. Step 5 is where I go sideways because I
don't have NAnt. Tried the build.cmd in the buildscript directory, but
I get an MSBuild error "Only one project can be specified." I even
opened up the solution in the src directory in DevSutdio and tried to
build. Get a bunch of Warnings as Errors ... varying things are not
CLS-compliant in one both of the log projects in the solution.
Probably not a huge issue since I did get a clean Core build, but I'm
not sure exactly how to specify the build options needed ... the -D
options from the command line tools ... so the build of Core I got
probably wouldn't work anyway.

So, I now come to a question ... do I need to install Nant to run the
build from the command line? I'd really rather not keep loading more
and more software on my computer just to be able to build this one
thing. I normally don't delve this far off into OSS land, and loading
up all of the OS build toolsets for this one project wouldn't be my
first choice as a solution to my problem.

I appreciate your help and I'll continue to monitor the group for any
updates.

Cheers,

> > > castle-project-u...@googlegroups.com<castle-project-users%2Bun­subs...@googlegroups.com>

> > > .
> > > groups.google.com/group/castle-project-users?hl=en.

> > > --

> > > castle-project-u...@googlegroups.com<castle-project-users%2Bun­subs...@googlegroups.com>

> > > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at

> > >http://groups.google.com/group/castle-project-users?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Roelof Blom

Feb 17, 2010, 2:57:54 AM2/17/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
You'll need to NAnt to build the sources, no way around it.

Download it from here http://nant.sourceforge.net/nightly/latest/nant-bin.zip, unzip and optionally add the bin folder to your path.

Let me known how things go.

-- Roelof.

Mauricio Scheffer

Feb 17, 2010, 7:40:27 AM2/17/10
to Castle Project Users
Did you try horn? It already includes nant and it takes care of all
dependencies, DLL copying, etc.

> read more »

BSP

Feb 17, 2010, 6:50:47 PM2/17/10
to Castle Project Users
Mauricio,
I don't currently have git on my home PC.

Roelof,
Would this be an easier path to where I need to be? Install git and
grab this from horn rather than installing Nant and running the build
from the subversion repository?

Thanks guys,

On Feb 17, 6:40 am, Mauricio Scheffer <mauricioschef...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Mauricio Scheffer

Feb 17, 2010, 9:37:35 PM2/17/10
to Castle Project Users
These would be the steps to build with horn:
Install msysgit: http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/list
Clone horn: git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/dagda1/horn_src.git
Build horn by running hornbuild.bat
Add c:\Program Files\Git\cmd to your path
Run horn -install:castle.activerecord -mode:aptca

> read more »

Roelof Blom

Feb 18, 2010, 5:46:48 AM2/18/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Using horn is easier, once you've got it setup.

To get the latest released version of AR use
horn -install:castle.activerecord -version:2.1.2 -mode:aptca

When it's done you can find the AR assemblies in
C:\hornget\.horn\ioc\castle.activerecord\Working-2.1.2\build\net-3.5\aptca

-- Roelof.

Roelof Blom

Feb 19, 2010, 7:18:28 AM2/19/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
So BSP, how are things going building an APTCA version Castle?

-- Roelof.

BSP

Mar 2, 2010, 9:12:39 PM3/2/10
to Castle Project Users
Sorry, Roelof, for this late reply. I had to step away from my project
for the last week or more and I'm just now getting back to it. I have
yet to follow these steps and honestly I think I'm going to pull
Castle out of my project. To pull down GIT, install Horn, etc. is, I
think, more than I'm really up for currently. I don't have much time
to spend on this side project and it seems what little time I do have
I end up spending it trying to get this part to work.

I appreciate all of your replies, and in the near future I may come
back to castle ... I like the idea. Maybe after a release that works
out of the box in medium trust environments ...

Thanks again for all of your assistance.
-Brandon

On Feb 19, 6:18 am, Roelof Blom <roelof.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So BSP, how are things going building an APTCA version Castle?
>
> -- Roelof.
>

> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Roelof Blom <roelof.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Using horn is easier, once you've got it setup.
>
> > To get the latest released version of AR use

> > *horn -install:castle.activerecord -version:2.1.2 -mode:aptca*

> > When it's done you can find the AR assemblies in

> > *

> > C:\hornget\.horn\ioc\castle.activerecord\Working-2.1.2\build\net-3.5\aptca

> > *

Roelof Blom

Mar 3, 2010, 4:52:05 AM3/3/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
It's not hard nor a lot of work:
So no git installing/pulling from all kinds of repositories necessary. The above works for the entire Castle project. Most castle packages can be found at http://www.hornget.net/packages/ioc/

Git it a try, you'll like it.

-- Roelof.

BSP

Mar 14, 2010, 9:08:05 PM3/14/10
to Castle Project Users
Well Roelof ... my saga continues. It's been a few weeks now and I
decided, since what you described does sound easy, to give this
another try.

When I went to hornget/packages/builders/horn/horn-trunk though, it
says the download is unavailable. Am I missing something?

Here is the url I'm at ... http://www.hornget.net/packages/builders/horn/horn-trunk
I posted a screen grab of what I'm seeing here ...
http://www.bspwebonline.com/sharepics/hornget.png

Lemme know if there is something that needs to be installed that I'm
missing here. Thanks again for all of your help.
-Brandon

On Mar 3, 4:52 am, Roelof Blom <roelof.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not hard nor a lot of work:
>

>    - download the hornget zip and extract it -
>    http://www.hornget.net/packages/builders/horn/horn-trunk
>
>    - horn -install:castle.windsor -mode:aptca to create an APTCA version of
>    Windsor.
>
>    - when it's done the APTCA release binaries are in

>    C:\hornget\.horn\ioc\castle.windsor
>
> So no git installing/pulling from all kinds of repositories necessary. The
> above works for the entire Castle project. Most castle packages can be found

> athttp://www.hornget.net/packages/ioc/

> Git it a try, you'll like it.
>
> -- Roelof.
>

> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 3:12 AM, BSP <bsp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, Roelof, for this late reply. I had to step away from my project
> > for the last week or more and I'm just now getting back to it. I have
> > yet to follow these steps and honestly I think I'm going to pull
> > Castle out of my project. To pull down GIT, install Horn, etc. is, I
> > think, more than I'm really up for currently. I don't have much time
> > to spend on this side project and it seems what little time I do have
> > I end up spending it trying to get this part to work.
>
> > I appreciate all of your replies, and in the near future I may come
> > back to castle ... I like the idea. Maybe after a release that works
> > out of the box in medium trust environments ...
>
> > Thanks again for all of your assistance.
> > -Brandon
>
> > On Feb 19, 6:18 am, Roelof Blom <roelof.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > So BSP, how are things going building an APTCA version Castle?
>

> > > -- Roelof.- Hide quoted text -

Roelof Blom

Mar 15, 2010, 2:41:35 AM3/15/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
This indicates a problem with the build of horn, I've inquired on their mailing list what's going on.

Roelof Blom

Mar 17, 2010, 1:10:48 PM3/17/10
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
The download is available again:

Tomek Pluskiewicz

May 9, 2011, 2:32:39 PM5/9/11
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
The link goes to mexican cialis/pharmacy again

@Roelof: I think there was a reply from you in my mailbox's spam but it had just flashed before I hit 'delete all spam'...