Windsor, Core, (and handful of facilities incl. WCF facility) v3.0 (beta 1) is out

Krzysztof Koźmic

Aug 15, 2011, 6:10:11 AM8/15/11
to Castle Project Devel, Castle Project Users
Hi everyone,

I just pushed first preview release of next generation of Windsor and
Core out. Grab them here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/castleproject/files/Windsor/3.0/Castle.Windsor.3.0.0.beta1.zip/download

http://sourceforge.net/projects/castleproject/files/Core/3.0/Castle.Core.3.0.0.beta1.zip/download

This is a pre-release so it's likely it contains bugs, and some
functionality is not fully working yet. However it is very important
that you don't wait for the final release to upgrade, so that we can
find and fix all the issues before final release. I'm not asking you to
use it in production, but I'd really appreciate if you'd take the time
to branch your apps, try to upgrade, run your unit tests, play with new
version, and report any issues you may find. And ask your colleagues,
friends and random people on the street to do the same!

Have fun and happy coding,
I hope you like it

Krzysztof

José F. Romaniello

Aug 15, 2011, 7:46:53 AM8/15/11
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com, Castle Project Devel
Excelent Krzys, thank you very much for your hard work. Is there a
releases notes, bug/features/improvements?

2011/8/15, Krzysztof Koźmic <krzyszto...@gmail.com>:

> --

Enviado desde mi dispositivo móvil

Krzysztof Koźmic

Aug 15, 2011, 7:49:14 AM8/15/11
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi José,

Yes, that's in the package, and also in the repository:
https://github.com/castleproject/Castle.Windsor/blob/master/Changes.txt
https://github.com/castleproject/Castle.Windsor/blob/master/BreakingChanges.txt

Also high level overview of changes is available in the wiki here:
http://docs.castleproject.org/Windsor.Whats-New-In-Windsor-3.ashx

cheers,
Krzysztof

hammett

Aug 15, 2011, 7:59:04 AM8/15/11
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
wow, you kept track of everything. congrats.

2011/8/15 Krzysztof Koźmic <krzyszto...@gmail.com>:

--
Cheers,
hammett
http://hammett.castleproject.org/

Chris Nicola

Aug 15, 2011, 6:38:33 PM8/15/11
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Scoped lifestyles are interesting.  I assume you only have one default scope at a time, so if you wanted scopes on separate threads or something that work similarly to PerWebRequest you would need to implement something using the IScopeAccessor interface?

I assume the same rules regarding disposing of the instance and tracking apply, i.e., we will need to release scoped instances if we want to ensure they don't stick around?

hammett

Aug 15, 2011, 6:40:40 PM8/15/11
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I'd assume disposing the scope takes care of this.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Chris Nicola <chni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I assume the same rules regarding disposing of the instance and tracking
> apply, i.e., we will need to release scoped instances if we want to ensure
> they don't stick around?

Chris Nicola

Aug 15, 2011, 6:46:33 PM8/15/11
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Just looking at the code now and I see that PerThreadLifestyle is actually a scoped lifestyle so that answers my first question too.