ASP.NET???

1 view

Davis Cabral - Listas

May 8, 2007, 1:31:58 PM5/8/07
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm beginning with .net, but my development with Castle (AR, Monorails
and NVelocity) is very good.

I work with Web development since 2000, and I have some experience with
C, many years with PHP, some months with Ruby on Rails and now I'm
trying .NET.
And with Castle, this is simple and amused! :)

But the company that I work, think that ASP.NET would be more productive
and more stable that because is "Microsoft" and bla bla bla of always.

Here, our main products are developed with Delphi, and the general
thought is that is more productive when I move components and config
some properties.
What you think about this?

I need some arguments to show that Castle is a better way, and not
ASP.NET.

Thanks!

--
Davis <davis...@gmail.com>
Impact Media

Hamilton Verissimo

May 8, 2007, 1:40:05 PM5/8/07
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
My feeling is that this has been discussed almost to exhaustion. You
just need to search the devel mailing list archives... and also
http://using.castleproject.org/display/MR/Home

--
Cheers,
hamilton verissimo

超陆

May 8, 2007, 1:43:19 PM5/8/07
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
IMHO, if you need a Sortable/Editable/Insertable/... DataGrid, or you need a TreeView, or some other really complicated Controls, WebForms will be better; otherwise, Rails is the of course choice.

Hamilton Verissimo

May 8, 2007, 1:49:08 PM5/8/07
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
We use yui and we're very happy with it.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/

Ben Holtsclaw

May 8, 2007, 1:53:51 PM5/8/07
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Are you generating yui code through a helper, like the AjaxHelper, or is it just included outright in your views?

Hamilton Verissimo

May 8, 2007, 1:56:06 PM5/8/07
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
We're comfortable dealing direct with it. But a helper is not a bad idea at all.

Ayende Rahien

May 8, 2007, 2:34:29 PM5/8/07
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
You would be surprised how little code that takes in MR. And the end result is usually better (design, HTML, round trips).
It is easier to do it in WebForms, but harder to work with.