DynamicProxy 2.1 RC1 is out

Jonathon Rossi

Mar 10, 2009, 8:51:12 AM3/10/09
to Castle Project Development, Castle Project Users
I have released DP 2.1 RC1 from the trunk at the moment. This should provide other leaders with a release they can use to plan their project's releases. It will also allow NHibernate to update to a named release, as well as provide the community using just DP a named release for now.

I bumped the assembly version from 2.0.3 to 2.1 so we will need to rebuild NHibernate against this release before I can check in the change for the assembly version. The plan is to not change the assembly version until after 2.1 RTM. I don't intend to have long gaps between RCs and between the RTM. If there is no reason to release another RC after a few weeks from the previous RC then it must be time to RTM (unless there is major issues). Release early, release often.

Can someone let me know if we are running fairly close to the head of the NHibernate trunk without our own patches?

I have uploaded the RC download to sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=124416

--
Jono

Markus Zywitza

Mar 10, 2009, 10:17:27 AM3/10/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Do you have any time plan for RTM?

Jonathon Rossi

Mar 10, 2009, 10:25:15 AM3/10/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Currently there is no reason to hold it back (new work can still continue for 2.2). I can't see any reason that it can't go RTM in the next 2 weeks, I just wanted to provide some time for people to make sure it doesn't have broken functionality.

It will release with the net-2.0 and net-3.5 builds since Castle.Core uses 3.5 libraries under our net-3.5 build. The silverlight-2.0 build isn't ready and I wouldn't want to release it without some decent testing.
--
Jono

hammett

Mar 10, 2009, 10:09:28 PM3/10/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the hard work, Jonathon!

Jonathon Rossi

Mar 11, 2009, 3:15:59 AM3/11/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
It wouldn't have been possible without everyone else's help. Thanks everyone.
--
Jono

Jonathon Rossi

Mar 11, 2009, 7:21:13 AM3/11/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone on the NHibernate team want to update the DP binaries in the NHibernate repository and update the NHibernate binaries here?
--
Jono

Jonathon Rossi

Mar 11, 2009, 8:02:08 AM3/11/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Updating NHibernate on the castle trunk is more involved than I thought. I have started and I'll see how far I get tonight.
--
Jono

Jonathon Rossi

Mar 11, 2009, 8:23:11 AM3/11/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
I have updated NHibernate on the castle trunk.

If someone wants to update NHibernate's trunk, you only need to update Castle.Core and Castle.DP in the 2.0 and 3.5 directories.
--
Jono

awilson

Apr 20, 2009, 11:44:53 AM4/20/09
to Castle Project Development List
Jonathon,

Great work! I was wondering however if/when the source for this
update would be available?

-A

Jonathon Rossi

Apr 20, 2009, 8:16:39 PM4/20/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
No problem.

If that is something people are interested in I can include it next time. If you checkout castle at r5592 that will be the source that is in the RC1 package.
--
Jono

andrew Wilson

Apr 21, 2009, 12:25:25 PM4/21/09
to castle-pro...@googlegroups.com
Jonathon,

Thanks.  I figured out that I could pull from SVN shortly after I emailed you.  Bit confusing though, as in some cases it ships as a separate .zip file on source-forge.  Any who, I got the sauce code.

Also, how would you recommend I proxy objects that I cannot modify?  That is, if an object is 3rd party or sealed.... how can I wrap its members?  Or can I?  My first swing of understanding led me to believe that the virtual method was only an optional indicator... but now it seems it's a requirement.  Is that true?

I was hoping that by passing in an interface on the generate method I could use some duck typing to wrap methods that were not virtual... but I am thus far foiled. Any ideas?

-A